Player Ratings vs Birmingham ("a") (3 Viewers)

cc84cov

Wilson 7
Pask 7
Osti 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 5
Sheaf 8
Hamer 7
James 7
O'Hare 7
Biamou 7
Viktor 7

Subs

Shipley 5

I'm really surprised about the low marks for Sheaf, I thought it was his best games. Got an assist, tackled well, passed the ball well.

To put sheaf performance into numbers

5 tackles
1 clearance
4 aerials won
58 touches
1 shot
1 assist
2 key passes
2 dribbles
37 passes
78.4% pass completion rate.

Even WhoScored rated highest

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
1921be4b4678e116ec26cfe1a2d1b552.jpg
Game swung slightly once he went off a lot of his work goes unnoticed the poor marks come from him getting caught or a mis placed passes

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Shipley plays 20 minutes, has a very average game, nothing too good, nothing too bad, and gets pelters on here. Some of the scores and comments appear to be tainted by a dislike of the player rather than what actually happened on the pitch today.

How many times did he touch the ball do you reckon? One point for each time?

Brighton Sky Blue

Have to be honest I understand Sheaf being pissed off that he's the only one substituted and it's for a guy who is the dictionary definition of a one trick pony. I also get that our options are extremely limited but we have to look after the few players left who aren't crocked and I was amazed more subs weren't made particularly as we began to drop deeper.

Garryb80

Shipley plays 20 minutes, has a very average game, nothing too good, nothing too bad, and gets pelters on here. Some of the scores and comments appear to be tainted by a dislike of the player rather than what actually happened on the pitch today.
His first 3 passes he gave away possession. He gets pelters because he isnt good enough simple as that

Adge

Some of this

It's cringeworthy to the point of obsession in some. The match thread before he'd come on was farcical. You don't need to rate him or even like him but ffs support him as we should with anyone wearing our colours. The disrespectful insults particularly from floyd and 84 are embarrassing like playground bullies with a pack mentality. McCallum a loanee now, was shocking especially in the first half not just the penalty that cost us three points but gets a free pass. I'd have probably bought Allen on ahead of him too, but to read these you'd think he scored 3 own goals and laughed at it.
Not from me he didn’t. If you look at the scores etc-not sure anyone gave him more than a 5 for 90 minutes of football.
Shipley got the same for 20 odd minutes of football.

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

I actually agree with this , I’ve been one of his biggest critics , but today’s cameo roll wasn’t even close to his worst performance of the season. He managed to make a pass, tackle and win a header if I remember correctly? 👍

rob9872

Not from me he didn’t. If you look at the scores etc-not sure anyone gave him more than a 5 for 90 minutes of football.
Shipley got the same for 20 odd minutes of football.
Not the scores Adge, the abuse. I don't want to see Sam given abuse either, but if anyone cost us today it was him yet to read this thread you'd think different. I'm not saying Ships played well, I'm not saying I'd have selected him or even brought him on and I also agree a spell out in the u23 might do him good, but the manager selects him and the outright hatred on here and the match thread is unnecessary and to suggest as some have that he wasn't trying is disrespectful.

Garryb80

Not the scores Adge, the abuse. I don't want to see Sam given abuse either, but if anyone cost us today it was him yet to read this thread you'd think different. I'm not saying Ships played well, I'm not saying I'd have selected him or even brought him on and I also agree a spell out in the u23 might do him good, but the manager selects him and the outright hatred on here and the match thread is unnecessary and to suggest as some have that he wasn't trying is disrespectful.
It appeared to me and many others that he wasn't trying. If he was then he should at least show he is.

TewkesburySkyBlue

And tbf they had less corners once he came on.
You would have thought we had played really well that second half they way people have been harking on, but we were poor before he came on and not a lot changed mind you we could have won it twice while he was on.
Bit like knocking points off because Max made a pass instead of shooting, why not take points off every player for every bad decision some would be on minus points.
Must admit I find it sad that some so called fans are after Shipley’s blood . OK the lads having a poor spell but talk about hero to zero . This is supposed to be a SUPPORTERS forum

clint van damme

Must admit I find it sad that some so called fans are after Shipley’s blood . OK the lads having a poor spell but talk about hero to zero . This is supposed to be a SUPPORTERS forum

Some of the vitriol is appalling in my opinion.
He doesn't look up to Championship standard but that's not his fault. Hopefully if we stay up and the squad improves we can ship out a couple of the struggling players but without major investment it will take time.

Magwitch

No player below a seven today, could have marked McCallum down to six for that erratic tackle attempt for their pen but I thought he upped his game second half, star man for me Matty James going to be an important addition to our squad. Bringing on Shipley absolutely the correct decision although Sheaf had one of his best games Blues put a couple of fresh legs on and they began to dominate his area of midfield.
good decision from Robins.

As for Shipley scapegoated as usual did nowt wrong yesterday and helped block the Blues midfield resurgence.

Irish Sky Blue

On the whole, Shipley hasn’t played well this season. There have been a few games where he has looked at the standard and has had a positive influence (Bristol City, Millwall). I feel sorry for Allen as in his last few appearances he has played really well and I would much rather have seen him come on than Shipley yesterday. Robins obviously has faith in Shipley, sees him in training and presumably thinks he still has a chance that he can perform in this league. I hope he’s right and that Shipley, who was written off by some in both League 2 and League 1, ups his game and really starts to perform.

Grendel

Some of the vitriol is appalling in my opinion.
He doesn't look up to Championship standard but that's not his fault. Hopefully if we stay up and the squad improves we can ship out a couple of the struggling players but without major investment it will take time.

the vitriol aimed at him is not great and there’s a preconception here will fail

the not trying accusation is the worst as the one thing he’s shown is application and to try and overcome weaknesses

lord_garrincha

I thought Shipley did well on Wednesday playing on the left of the three attackers.

Robins did not want to move Gyo & Max, so I was surprised it was he, not Allen, that replaced Sheaf.

At this level, he needs to in a more advanced position.

Magwitch

He is also playing regularly in a team with five counting Marosi of its first choice players missing, would he be better with them there I’m sure he would be.

Esoterica

Thought Osti was head and shoulders above Hyam yesterday and carried the back 4 through most of that game. Aside from that header Hyam spooned into the air in the box, there were a couple of other occasions where he let long balls bounce around him when he should have been making sure he got anything on the end of them.
Pask did ok at RB but like Hyam he's also very passive. I'm not surprised Birmingham thought they could get away with kicking the shit out of us. Would like to see Pask bulk up a bit if he's ever going to be a first choice CB somewhere, he looks very lightweight.

cov donkey kick

Like a lot of people think that Allen deserves a run in the side or off the bench as at the moment at least you know he's on the pitch, as for shippers who I like I feel he needs some time with the u23 playing himself into some form which would benefit him and the 1st team.

Sky Blue Pete

Thought Osti was head and shoulders above Hyam yesterday and carried the back 4 through most of that game. Aside from that header Hyam spooned into the air in the box, there were a couple of other occasions where he let long balls bounce around him when he should have been making sure he got anything on the end of them.
Pask did ok at RB but like Hyam he's also very passive. I'm not surprised Birmingham thought they could get away with kicking the shit out of us. Would like to see Pask bulk up a bit if he's ever going to be a first choice CB somewhere, he looks very lightweight.
Osti was magnificent

stevefloyd

Like a lot of people think that Allen deserves a run in the side or off the bench as at the moment at least you know he's on the pitch, as for shippers who I like I feel he needs some time with the u23 playing himself into some form which would benefit him and the 1st team.
The problem is we cannot really afford to put the first team fringe players in the unders because the squad is now so small what does confuse me is keep persisting with Shipley when its obvious to all and sundry he is struggling game after game but Allen who is performing infinitely better, this is not a thread of 'vitriol' aimed at anyone this is fact. Robins has players in better form but doesn't use them...so what if they look good in training its the games he's judged on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

For the people getting upset about Shipley being criticised. Has anyone actually said anything abusive? Faking outrage is not a counter argument.

Average performances (such as against Millwall) are now being made out to be something more than that, and terrible performances where he is blatantly hiding for the most part are being excused. In fact, even when he is hiding, some people are using that to say 'he did nothing wrong'.

The substitution yesterday was wrong yet again and he should be nowhere near the first team. Look at players like O'Hare when they have been out of form, still fighting for everything. All Shipley does is pretend he was the pitch invader against Forest Green that time. I'm not sure why it is unreasonable to question his attitude where it looks like he is doing everything to show he doesn't want to be there.

1612094127380.png

Actually, scrap that. The pitch invader showed more desire to win the ball.

fernandopartridge

Hyam keeps getting caught wrong side, he was very lucky to get away with it near the end where Juke had the shot (which Hyam admittedly got back to block).

TomRad85

For the people getting upset about Shipley being criticised. Has anyone actually said anything abusive? Faking outrage is not a counter argument.

Average performances (such as against Millwall) are now being made out to be something more than that, and terrible performances where he is blatantly hiding for the most part are being excused. In fact, even when he is hiding, some people are using that to say 'he did nothing wrong'.

The substitution yesterday was wrong yet again and he should be nowhere near the first team. Look at players like O'Hare when they have been out of form, still fighting for everything. All Shipley does is pretend he was the pitch invader against Forest Green that time. I'm not sure why it is unreasonable to question his attitude where it looks like he is doing everything to show he doesn't want to be there.

View attachment 18544

Actually, scrap that. The pitch invader showed more desire to win the ball.
I agree. I'm not one for getting on players backs tbh and I think we have a pretty good bunch right now but I die a little inside every time he steps on the pitch atm. As soon as he was brought on yesterday I was just praying for a draw.

Sheaf gets 5x the grief Shipley will ever get despite being 5x the player Shipley will ever be.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Problem is Allen doesn't deserve to be in the side ahead of Hamer, James, Sheaf or O'Hare, but I agree he should be sub before Shipley.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread