Player Ratings vs Birmingham ("a") (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Wilson - 6
Pask - 6
Ostigard - 7
Hyam - 6
McCallum - 4
James - 7
Sheaf - 7
Hamer - 7
O'Hare - 7
Biamou - 6
Gyokeres - 7

Shipley - pointless

Liquid Gold

I think that's pretty fair, maybe Biamou 5 for passing the ball wide instead of just putting it in the net then playing it back to no-one after Gyokeres was fouled.

mark82

I think that's pretty fair, maybe Biamou 5 for passing the ball wide instead of just putting it in the net then playing it back to no-one after Gyokeres was fouled.

The one time when his usual foot through the ball routine was probably the best option and he tried to be clever.

SleepyGinger

Wilson 6
Pask 6
Osti 8
Hyam 7
Mccallum 4
Sheaf 5
James 6
Hamer 7
Ohare 7
Biamou 6
Gyokores 7

Shipley 6

not a bad point if we win midweek

steve101

Wilson 6 (not much to do. Think he could be coming for some of the many corners into the 6 yard box)
Pask 7 (not particularly tested but solid in what he had to do and passed the ball well)
McCallum 5 (silly lunge for penalty and beaten numerous times. Did better v Leko second half)
Hyam 6 (overall did okay but almost costly with indecisive header and then getting caught the wrong side later on)
Ostigard 9 (motm. Solid again defensively and played several very good long passes to the front two)
Sheaf 7 (control let him down a few times early on but nice skill with his assist)
Hamer 8 (so quick with his reactions, great work rate and good finish)
James 8 (compliments Hamer so well. Great positioning defensively and always quick at turning defense into attack)
O'Hare 7 (did so well nicking the ball leading to goal. Thought he looked fatigued last 20, not surprisingly)
Gyokeres 8 (great work rate. Combined well with Biamou a few times. Strong running with the ball which caused them problems)
Biamou 7 (caused them a lot of problems first half. Shame he couldn't finish after doing so well making space for the shot after Gyokeres knock down)

Shipley 5 (could have been a hero if he had connected properly with shot in final minute. Just couldn't control anything that he received. Surely Allen would have been a better option considering the impact he made on Wednesday)

cc84cov

Wilson 6 (not much to do. Think he could be coming for some of the many corners into the 6 yard box)
Pask 7 (not particularly tested but solid in what he had to do and passed the ball well)
McCallum 5 (silly lunge for penalty and beaten numerous times. Did better v Leko second half)
Hyam 6 (overall did okay but almost costly with indecisive header and then getting caught the wrong side later on)
Ostigard 9 (motm. Solid again defensively and played several very good long passes to the front two)
Sheaf 7 (control let him down a few times early on but nice skill with his assist)
Hamer 8 (so quick with his reactions, great work rate and good finish)
James 8 (compliments Hamer so well. Great positioning defensively and always quick at turning defense into attack)
O'Hare 7 (did so well nicking the ball leading to goal. Thought he looked fatigued last 20, not surprisingly)
Gyokeres 8 (great work rate. Combined well with Biamou a few times. Strong running with the ball which caused them problems)
Biamou 7 (caused them a lot of problems first half. Shame he couldn't finish after doing so well making space for the shot after Gyokeres knock down)

Shipley 5 (could have been a hero if he had connected properly with shot in final minute. Just couldn't control anything that he received. Surely Allen would have been a better option considering the impact he made on Wednesday)
Agree with this

SleepyGinger

James I feel was better than a 6 sheaf surely is more than a with his assist ok he had a dodgy start but got better...

You’ve give sheaf 5 but Shipley 6 🤣🤣
Thought sheaf was sloppy today, could probably put Shipley down didn’t even notice he was on the pitch so just gave him average score.

Can tell James is a good player but think he wasn’t great today for me

Adge

Wilson 6 Not much to do on the whole.

Pask 6 Steady enough-a bit lacking going forward though.

Hyam 6 Another better game than of late, one dodgy header that went up in the air that put us in trouble.

Ostigard 6 Adapted well in the 4.

McCallum 5 Had a bit of a stinker, conceding a penalty and continually caught out. Gets an extra point for recovering a bit better 2nd half.

James 7 Kept us ticking over until the later stages.

Hamer 7 So important to us, now our top scorer aswell.

O’Hare 7 Will run all day as we know and most others would have given the ball up regarding the goal, got there and made it count.

Sheaf 7 Also played his part in the goal, kept a cool head to find Hamer. Done well and I like most was surprised when he went off. Game maybe fizzled out a bit when he did.

Biamou 6 First half done well, but needs to hit the target with an easy chance 2nd half. Think that affected him and maybe went into his shell after.

Victor 8 Might be unpopular but man of the match for me. Very much involved. Used his strength and body well won lots and put it on a plate 2nd half for Biamou who didn’t capitalise.

Subs Shipley 5 Not really much to mention but Allen I’m sure would be disappointed.

Robins 6 A decent point, better for us than Blues. People may point at the subs not used but I’m sure he’ll take the draw in this situation all day long.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wilson - 6
Pask - 5
Ostigard - 7
Hyam - 6
McCallum - 3
James - 7
Sheaf - 6.5
Hamer - 7
O'Hare - 7
Biamou - 6.5
Gyokeres - 7

Shipley - 1
Robins - Should have gone for it. Moaning about their 'strong bench' and extra rest time is a bit silly.

rob9872

Full backs dreadful first half although their wingers were good. Hamer and Osti stood head and shoulders above, the rest all average. O'hare worth a mention for his hand in the goal but if Baka had been offside some of the times he was, he'd be getting pelters.

speedie87

Wilson 7 not much to do
Pask 7 did well coming into team
Ostigard 7 think he’s better in back 4
Hyam 6 almost cost a goal 2nd half with awful header
McCallum 5 stupid tackle for pen
Sheaf 6 great skill for goal but otherwise light weight at times, isn’t fit enough to last 90mins an looks like a boy in men’s football James 7
Hamer 8
Ohare 7 top work rate yet again
Biamou 6
Gyo 7 best game so far

Londonccfcfan

Wilson .....6
Pask..........7 done very well indeed so much better than expected, he’s steady.decent throw on him too.
Osti...........6.5
Hyam........6.5
Sam...........5 not his best game, just seemed off the pace first hal. Come back stronger 2nd half.
Hamer.......8.5 ..Motm, what doesn’t he do. Plays like he owns the pitch.
James.........7....Average and unspectacular today, but a class act
Sheaf..........6...Really don’t know what to make of him. Still waiting for the complete game from him.
Ohare........7.5..Getting better and better. Practicing his finishing today when it didn’t count.
Max............6....linked up well and played well, crafted a few opportunities but fluffed when it counted.
Gykores.....7....Was very good 2nd half he’s getting his match fitness up and being a big assist this season.

Shipley......4...See previous 20 odd match ratings for his synopsis.

stupot07

Wilson 7
Pask 7
Osti 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 5
Sheaf 8
Hamer 7
James 7
O'Hare 7
Biamou 7
Viktor 7

Subs

Shipley 5

I'm really surprised about the low marks for Sheaf, I thought it was his best games. Got an assist, tackled well, passed the ball well.

To put sheaf performance into numbers

5 tackles
1 clearance
4 aerials won
58 touches
1 shot
1 assist
2 key passes
2 dribbles
37 passes
78.4% pass completion rate.

Even WhoScored rated highest

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
1921be4b4678e116ec26cfe1a2d1b552.jpg

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Shipley plays 20 minutes, has a very average game, nothing too good, nothing too bad, and gets pelters on here. Some of the scores and comments appear to be tainted by a dislike of the player rather than what actually happened on the pitch today.
And tbf they had less corners once he came on.
You would have thought we had played really well that second half they way people have been harking on, but we were poor before he came on and not a lot changed mind you we could have won it twice while he was on.
Bit like knocking points off because Max made a pass instead of shooting, why not take points off every player for every bad decision some would be on minus points.

rob9872

Some of this
Shipley plays 20 minutes, has a very average game, nothing too good, nothing too bad, and gets pelters on here. Some of the scores and comments appear to be tainted by a dislike of the player rather than what actually happened on the pitch today.
It's cringeworthy to the point of obsession in some. The match thread before he'd come on was farcical. You don't need to rate him or even like him but ffs support him as we should with anyone wearing our colours. The disrespectful insults particularly from floyd and 84 are embarrassing like playground bullies with a pack mentality. McCallum a loanee now, was shocking especially in the first half not just the penalty that cost us three points but gets a free pass. I'd have probably bought Allen on ahead of him too, but to read these you'd think he scored 3 own goals and laughed at it.

Sky Blue Pete

Wilson 6
Pask 6
Mccallum 5.5
Hyam 7
Osti 7
Sheaf 7
James 7
Hamer 7.5 MOM
Biamou 7
Gyokores 7
Ohare 6

Shipley 6

personally I thought we lost any control we had when sheaf went off.
I think second half was more level. They looked dangerous from set pieces we looked more likely in open play. It’s great we’ve got 30 points on the board

stevefloyd

No Shipley gets pelters because of how he has played this season...I certainly dont dislikd him but equally as a player our team have to keep carrying him and its just not good enough...bottles challenges, constantly misplaces passes, hides when we are in possession and totally lacks effort at times...this is what gets him pelters...first 4 touches today 3 he gave away 4th ne gave McCallum a hospital ball although he did head the ball later

Frostie

I'm really surprised about the low marks for Sheaf, I thought it was his best games. Got an assist, tackled well, passed the ball well.

To put sheaf performance into numbers

5 tackles
1 clearance
4 aerials won
58 touches
1 shot
1 assist
2 key passes
2 dribbles
37 passes
78.4% pass completion rate.

Even WhoScored rated highest

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
1921be4b4678e116ec26cfe1a2d1b552.jpg

Yeah but did he smile enough?

ccfc1234

Wilson 6
Pask 6
Mccallum 5.5
Hyam 7
Osti 7
Sheaf 7
James 7
Hamer 7.5 MOM
Biamou 7
Gyokores 7
Ohare 6

Shipley 6

personally I thought we lost any control we had when sheaf went off.
100% agree. Sheaf was a miss when he went off. When I saw Shipley coming on i assumed it was going to be for Max or COH who had run some serious mileage. I like him but he is not the game changer we should be bringing from the bench.
The above aside, really liked the way the front 3 linked and the midfield were also impressive. We need to be brave and keep this shape going into the tougher games.

Users who are viewing this thread