Player Ratings via QPR (2 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

How someone can say second goal was Shipley's fault is beyond me ,,,,sorry to spoil the Dabo love in but that goal was his fault got sucked in under the ball lost his man and headed it badly and off of Ostigaard's head when he would clearly have headed it comfortably clear but hey why let the facts get in the way of targetting a boo boy eh SBT?
I don’t get the Shipley being at fault for the goal comments.

I blamed Ostigard - ball was heading straight for Dabo and Ostigard jumped right in

johnwillomagic

Dabo's fault clearly second goal he should have been helping Shipley in the first place in terms of marking the second man at the back leaving the central defender Ostigard to clear which he would have done as would have been unchallenged and Dabo and Shipley would have marked the two at the back...simples!

Don't get me wrong Dabo's my favourite city player but he does have his flaws and i'm not blind to his errors his first half was not great tbh either but what a second half he had after brushing off a few cobwebs

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi - 7 some of his long passing was wonderful a couple to Giles second half. No hope with the goal
Dabo - 8 what a second half and what a return
Giles - 8 great assist and energy
Ostigard - 7 solid in the air. Look at how gutted he is when qpr get the equaliser. He’s a winner!
Hyam - 7 unlucky with the header. Covered Giles well in the first half
Mcfadzean -7.5 excellent fighter never a pen and a fabulous header to win the game
Hamer - 8 game passed him by first half wonderful wonderful passing and delivery second half. No booking and not reckless tonight
Shipley - 7 step up young man. Well and truly played his part in an excellent win
Ohare - 8.5 my mom lovely goal great tackling back wonderful dribbling and passing excellent. His lack of injury may well give us a chance of mid table or more
Allen - 7 seems light weight and lacks speed and then he plays things beautifully around the opponents area and we make a chance.
Godden - 7.5 one chance one goal. Didn’t stop running excellent performance

Sheaf - great 4 mins lol

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Shipley couldn't have marked his man any fucking tighter if he tried. He was left 2 vs 1 at the back post though while Dabo and Ostigard both got in each other's way and missed the header

View attachment 16983

When it went in I thought it was shipleys fault purely cuz of how close he got to the man who finished it. As soon as I saw the replay I realized that was to his credit rather than his fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South West Sky Blue

Good performance from everyone. A few people excelled. I must admit to being wrong about Dabo. Thought tonight was a week too early for him, but 2nd half- he was class.
Love Shipley. Important role for him as a squad player, but Sheaf will push him to the bench from now on.
Allen is a class above league one. Think he needs a touch more pace to be a force in Championship. Not convinced he’ll be a starter in 6 months time.

cooperskyblue

1st half was the worst I've seen us play in a while. Seemed to lack self belief and confidence. 2nd half we were much more like it.
Thought overall we played better last week but got the important win tonight. 4 goals scored in 2 games is encouraging. Still not conceded a quality goal mistakes & penalties we can rectify.
Great result. O'hare brilliant.

Martin180

1st half was the worst I've seen us play in a while. Seemed to lack self belief and confidence. 2nd half we were much more like it.
Thought overall we played better last week but got the important win tonight. 4 goals scored in 2 games is encouraging. Still not conceded a quality goal mistakes & penalties we can rectify.
Robins made the point in interview that the players need to believe in themselves more cause he thinks they could be very good this season . A few weeks in and I think we will be very hard to beat

cooperskyblue

Robins made the point in interview that the players need to believe in themselves more cause he thinks they could be very good this season . A few weeks in and I think we will be very hard to beat
I agree. I think getting that 1sr win is a huge weight off our shoulders as well as the players. We have shown we can compete and beat an established Championship team. Onwards and upwards.

bawtryneal

1st half QPR played well and they didn't let us have possession. Think it was more case them playing well rather than us playing poorly.

kg82

Yeah he doesn't have any standout technical attributes.

He's very busy and runs around a lot and does cause teams problems by popping up in space.

But rarely beats a man or puts a killer pass through.

I think Jones would have been perfect for that role, I do wonder if we're in the market for another AM
To be fair, he started the move that led to our first goal, whilst being taken out by 2 of their players. I get it, but while he doesn’t “excel” at anything, he also doesn’t let the team down in any way.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

1st half QPR played well and they didn't let us have possession. Think it was more case them playing well rather than us playing poorly.
I was saying this to a friend of mine. By all accounts Forest were awful last week. At some point you’ve got to think maybe the team they’re playing is a good team and they’re not allowing Forest and us to play our way

pusbccfc

Allen just reminds me of Jay Tabb.

In our current squad we need him because of his pace. Besides the wing backs, the attack I'd devoid of any.

As someone had previously said, Jones may have played that role well.

Yorkshire SB

First half QPR excellent in possession without creating too much, but we grew into it and got a foot hold. The goal before half time felt crucial.
Only concerns for me are that we lack a bit of pace and physicality up top. O’Hare and Godden were excellent and Allen did well second half so no digs at them, but there’s no variety, and it felt like we had no out ball in that first 30 minutes.
Great result though and some mega performances!

clint van damme

Marosi 6

Dabo 8
Ostigard 7
McFadzean 7
Hyam 7
Giles 8

Shipley 5
Hamer 6
O’Hare 8
Allen 7

Godden 7 (felt for him - had one chance all night - he took it!)

Hamer 6? What the fuck, he was immense.
Got through a mountain of work first half and really started to get on the ball and impose himself on the game 2nd, great set piece deliveries, contender for MoM but I'd give that to Callum.

clint van damme

Dabo's fault clearly second goal he should have been helping Shipley in the first place in terms of marking the second man at the back leaving the central defender Ostigard to clear which he would have done as would have been unchallenged and Dabo and Shipley would have marked the two at the back...simples!

Don't get me wrong Dabo's my favourite city player but he does have his flaws and i'm not blind to his errors his first half was not great tbh either but what a second half he had after brushing off a few cobwebs

he also gave the ball away in their half which led to the corner in the first place. Bad 60 seconds for him but otherwise immense. But, yeah, it's all Shipleys fault in some peoples eyes!

AFCCOVENTRY

Allen at this level so far seems to give the ball away a lot and gets muscled off. Hopefully he will get better as the games come, but I have a feeling that Walker once match fit will come in for him.

shmmeee

Worth saying: as bad as the first half was, they had very few chances and we came in level. I still think there was some energy management going on, and maybe a few overcorrections from the likes of Hamer after the Bristol game, plus a bit of nerves after the first loss all year.

We’re a young side and to stay in the game then respond how we did was an immense achievement.

speedie87

Marosi 7 not a lot to do
Dabo 8 paced himself through first half and awesome 2nd half
Ostigard 6 gave some needless free kicks away however promising the way he ball from attacking corners
Mcfadzean 7 stupid tackle for pen although I thought he got ball - scored winner
Hyam 7 one dodgy pass first half almost cost us
Giles 8 reckon he’s better than McCallum- little bit out muscled at times in close contact stuff
Shipley 7 thought he did A really disciplinedjob holding
Hammer 7 some decent stuff second half
Ohare 9 top stuff
Allen 7 worked socks off he’s a forward playing defensive midfielder
Godden 8 great goal

Terry_dactyl

On reflection I still worry about McFadzean a bit. He was great for us last year but earlier on in the season I always thought there was a mistake in him. In fairness he was immense for us as the season progressed.
Yesterday was kind of the same. He looked solid for the most part but gave away a pen -needless challenge; arguably was at fault for their 2nd goal, and should’ve definitely scored that first header.
I dunno, maybe I’m being harsh. I actually rate him. Just hope he remains solid I guess.

Terry_dactyl

Worth saying: as bad as the first half was, they had very few chances and we came in level. I still think there was some energy management going on, and maybe a few overcorrections from the likes of Hamer after the Bristol game, plus a bit of nerves after the first loss all year.

We’re a young side and to stay in the game then respond how we did was an immense achievement.
Agree with this. I think in the first half we were about containing them. I think it was planned as opposed to being shite. I mean it was shite to watch but I think that was our strategy.

Perryccfc

I thought the players looked rushed on the ball first half, QPR were very good on the ball and the pace of the game I thought surprised many. Getting our goal was crucial.

I would put QPR at a solid mid table team this season, and thought we deserved the win completely. That says a lot about how our season could go.

Hamer was magnificent for me, his passes forward through midfield cannot be underestimated in turning there midfield to face there own goal, for me a major part of the reason we won.

Really excited for the season ahead.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Hamer 6? What the fuck, he was immense.
Got through a mountain of work first half and really started to get on the ball and impose himself on the game 2nd, great set piece deliveries, contender for MoM but I'd give that to Callum.
Apologies I’ve not checked over - I meant 7. I set everyone at 6 then edit.

Did feel that he was a passenger in the first half, but was more the fact Shipley and Allen were awful and he had no outlet.

His set pieces are different gravy. Going to be a key player for us

clint van damme

Apologies I’ve not checked over - I meant 7. I set everyone at 6 then edit.

Did feel that he was a passenger in the first half, but was more the fact Shipley and Allen were awful and he had no outlet.

His set pieces are different gravy. Going to be a key player for us

He looked to me like he got through a lot of work though admittedly it's difficult to judge watching in the Tele when the focus is solely on the ball.

cooperskyblue

Yeah probably right mate. But I just thought in possession we lacked confidence and conviction and belief but 2md half we had that and looked so much better.

Sky Blue Pete

On reflection I still worry about McFadzean a bit. He was great for us last year but earlier on in the season I always thought there was a mistake in him. In fairness he was immense for us as the season progressed.
Yesterday was kind of the same. He looked solid for the most part but gave away a pen -needless challenge; arguably was at fault for their 2nd goal, and should’ve definitely scored that first header.
I dunno, maybe I’m being harsh. I actually rate him. Just hope he remains solid I guess.
Rose will struggle to get his place back but will replace fadz if he does

CCFCSteve

Pretty much this. Allen bothers me. I said today I can’t remember watching a game and coming away saying “Allen played really well today”, and he’s the only player I can say that for. This isn’t slating him, he’s a decent player, but doesn’t seem to excel in anything.

Think he’d possibly be more useful from the bench. Quite like him as a player but not quite sure of him with Ohare. Be interested to see Shipley further up and Sheaf/Kelly alongside Hamer

procdoc

I think his words were the players are better than they think they are. You could tell first half they didn’t believe they could beat an established championship side, second half from the whistle we were a different beast. I think Robbins reminded our lads how good they can be

Magwitch

The whole team was a minimum 7 out of 10 motm for me toss up between O’Hare and Hamer. The manner of this victory is massive, QPR done their homework and for 30 minutes nullified our passing game, we went one down to an iffy penalty just as we were getting into the game but showed character to get level and then I thought we ripped them second half gave them a sloppy goal but again had the character and class to win the game.
I think Jamie Allen deserves a mention covered every inch of the pitch second half which perhaps goes under the radar a bit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How someone can say second goal was Shipley's fault is beyond me ,,,,sorry to spoil the Dabo love in but that goal was his fault got sucked in under the ball lost his man and headed it badly and off of Ostigaard's head when he would clearly have headed it comfortably clear but hey why let the facts get in the way of targetting a boo boy eh SBT?

Seemed very similar to last week to me. Our marking system left someone free at the back, two defenders went for the same ball and left space behind. Shipley was close to his man, it's just debatable as to whether the system had him marking the correct man in the first place.

If it doesn't improve in the next few games it needs sacking off and going back to man-marking.

fernandopartridge

Yeah he doesn't have any standout technical attributes.

He's very busy and runs around a lot and does cause teams problems by popping up in space.

But rarely beats a man or puts a killer pass through.

I think Jones would have been perfect for that role, I do wonder if we're in the market for another AM
He got 4 assists in 10 games last season, I really don't understand what game you people watch

Users who are viewing this thread