Player Ratings via QPR (3 Viewers)

Grendel

He got 4 assists in 10 games last season, I really don't understand what game you people watch

To be fair he said Lee Burge was A championship level goalkeeper

larry_david

Does anyone else love McFadz? I just love everything about him. The accent, the dominance in the air, the fact he loves to play pick out passes. And I'm so pleased he score. Just wish I could have heard Clive, he'd have loved it

kg82

One good piece of work in 45 mins does not equal a good half.

I felt his passing was way off, and seemed to give the ball away a lot in our half. Made some good runs in the QPR half. But that was it. Was far better in the second half
I can’t recall him being any worse than any other player in the 1st half. Probably because we only had 30% possession, as a team, in that half! That means he probably got about 10 touches of the ball, if that! You’re picking on Allen even though it’s been pointed out to you that the QPR tactics in the 1st half stifled us and effectively killed our game. Name a Cov player that had a stormer in the 1st half.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I can’t recall him being any worse than any other player in the 1st half. Probably because we only had 30% possession, as a team, in that half! That means he probably got about 10 touches of the ball, if that! You’re picking on Allen even though it’s been pointed out to you that the QPR tactics in the 1st half stifled us and effectively killed our game. Name a Cov player that had a stormer in the 1st half.
I’m not picking on Allen. I love him, been looking forward to seeing him fully fit. The team was poor first half. I thought him and Shipley had shockers. As I’ve mentioned before he gave the ball away in dangerous areas regularly in the first half. He improved massively in the second half

kg82

I’m not picking on Allen. I love him, been looking forward to seeing him fully fit. The team was poor first half. I thought him and Shipley had shockers. As I’ve mentioned before he gave the ball away in dangerous areas regularly in the first half. He improved massively in the second half
You didn’t name a player that played well first half. Ok, give an example of Allen giving the ball away in a dangerous area...

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You didn’t name a player that played well first half. Ok, give an example of Allen giving the ball away in a dangerous area...
There wasn’t a pin point moment, he did it a few times, as he did against Bristol. At no time have I said he specifically were worse than the rest of the team. I thought Shipley was worse.

In the first half I felt the back 3 played well. Despite a non-existent midfield they kept QPR at bay

I know he’s integral to the team. I’ll. stop making critical points about him now because evidently to you he’s immune.

kg82

There wasn’t a pin point moment, he did it a few times, as he did against Bristol. At no time have I said he specifically were worse than the rest of the team. I thought Shipley was worse.

In the first half I felt the back 3 played well. Despite a non-existent midfield they kept QPR at bay

I know he’s integral to the team. I’ll. stop making critical points about him now because evidently to you he’s immune.
Not immune. I’ve asked for examples, you can’t give it. I’m calling you out on making stuff up to make a point.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not immune. I’ve asked for examples, you can’t give it. I’m calling you out on making stuff up to make a point.
Off the top of my head I can’t pick a minute. But. There was a couple of times where Hamer and McFadzean passed the ball to him, he misxontrolled it and lost it - this happened against Bristol aswell

Can’t tell you the exact minutes though. But obviously I’m making it up and he clearly had a 100% pass ratio 🙄

ccfcchris

Just reading The Football League Paper and their ratings for the game.

Marosi 6
Ostiguard 8
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Dabo 6
Hamer 8
Shipley 6
Giles 7
Allen 6
Godden 8
O'Hare 8

How they have Dabo only 6 I just don't understand.

ccfc1234

Does anyone else love McFadz? I just love everything about him. The accent, the dominance in the air, the fact he loves to play pick out passes. And I'm so pleased he score. Just wish I could have heard Clive, he'd have loved it
I love him for the things he is great at. But he worries me a lot as he is more error prone than most.

Frostie

That makes no sense, Hyam almost gifted them a goal by giving the ball away, Allen didn't do that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That makes no sense, Hyam almost gifted them a goal by giving the ball away, Allen didn't do that.
As a collective the defence stifled QPR, they rarely had any shots other than the pen (which was given by McFadz) I’ve said generally the whole team were poor. The defensive 3 were generally solid.

The midfield as a collective - Allen included were poor. He miscontrolled the ball in dangerous positions and up until the last 5 minutes when the midfield woke up was poor.

I’ve not suggested dropping him, and also said he was good in the second half. My initial point was that I didn’t think he had a good first half. I’ve not said he was the worst.

Next time I’ll say the whole team was crap. Because I’m clearly not allowed to mention names

Frostie

You said he had a "shocker" first half & the main reason being that he gave the "ball away in dangerous areas regularly" but can't pinpoint any such occasions.

You also said that the "back 3 played well" first half. All of them made potentially costly errors so why didn't they have "shockers"?

Allen wasn't great first half admittedly but didn't cost us goals/almost cost us goals like the back 3 did so it comes across as a bit harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread