Player Ratings via QPR (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Only saw the second half but Dabo, Giles, Hamer and O'Hare were immense.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Marosi 6

Dabo 8
Ostigard 7
McFadzean 7
Hyam 7
Giles 8

Shipley 5
Hamer 6
O’Hare 8
Allen 7

Godden 7 (felt for him - had one chance all night - he took it!)

Harry_Walker

First half all were 2’s and 3’s apart from the goal.

overall:

Marosi 6
Ostigard 6
McFadz 6
Hyam 6
Dabo 8
Hamer 7
Shipley 5
Giles 9
O’Hare 8
Allen 5
Godden 7

Probably a bit harsh on the centre halves but I don’t appreciate the mini heart attack every time we try and play out from the back. Think Shipley and Allen out of their depth at this level despite us winning today. Second half was a very good performance as even tho they controlled possession I never felt threatened (similarly to Bristol City last week). Thought the wing backs is what gave us the edge over them as both were phenomenal today

SBT

Marosi - 7 Distribution excellent, whether long or short

Dabo - 7 Such a fun player to watch
Hyam - 7 If you don't really notice him, he's usually doing well
McFadzean - 7 Clumsy for the penalty (though I think it was harsh), made up for it
Ostigard - 6 Looks comfortable on the ball but still learning the system
Giles - 7 All he does is cross....and it's great

Hamer - 7 Like Liam Walsh who's just hit the flashing star power-up in Mario
Shipley - 6 Could someone explain to him how to defend back post corners
Allen - 7 Tired near the end but such an under-rated part of our side
O'Hare - 8 If he keeps this up, he'll be in the Premier League soon

Godden - 7 Drifted in and out of the game as usual, but can be a real handful

SkyBlueGuy

Never do these but here's my two cents:

Marosi - 6 didn't have all that much to do. Didn't mess about when under pressure. Not much he could do about either goal.
Giles - 7 would have been higher, but I feel he faded in the second half. Great crosses though!
Ostigard - 6 mostly assured but still bedding into the system
Hyam - 6 some great play at times, but also had a couple of mad moments
McFadzean - 6/7 was a bit of a soft penalty, but not sure he needed to commit to it there. Scored the winner to make up for it. Calm under pressure.
Dabo - 6/7 quiet in the first half and playing quite deep. Brilliant in the second half. Much more like himself and beating 3 men to set up O'Hare was great.
Hamer - 6 a quieter performance but some flashes of real quality
Shipley - 5/6 seemed out of the game at times and nearly gave the ball away a bit too often. Kept going in typical Shipley fashion.
Allen - 6 some good passes and kept running. Tried a few things which just didn't quite come off. Again, kept running for the whole game.
O'Hare - 8 great performance. So many great touches and close control. Well taken goal and kept winning the ball back high up the pitch. Motm for me.
Godden - 6/7 steady performance. Very good positioning for the goal. Offside a little to often, but he plays his role really well and creates space for the two behind him.

PVA

I thought Pask did well last week and didn't think we missed Dabo too badly.... Holy crap Fanky proved me wrong tonight, immense in that second half.

O'Hare class all game.

The back three solid and composed.

Seen enough to think we'll be OK this season

shmmeee

Marosi 7
Dabo 9
Mcfafz 8
Hyam 8
Osrigaard 8
Hamer 8
Shipley 7
Allen 6
O hare 9
Godden 9

Pretty much this. Allen bothers me. I said today I can’t remember watching a game and coming away saying “Allen played really well today”, and he’s the only player I can say that for. This isn’t slating him, he’s a decent player, but doesn’t seem to excel in anything.

Martin180

Marosi - 7 didn’t have a lot to do , no chance with either goal . Made a couple of good saves and distribution was as usual excellent
Giles - 7 first half brought us back into the game , second half faded slightly , makes the odd wrong choice but will improve the more he plays
Hyam / Ostigard/ McFadzean - 7.5 Compliment each other very well and each has their strengths , clumsy challenge for the penalty and miscommunication for the second goal . Can see this being the starting 3 when fit
Dabo - 8 very quiet first half but immense second half , very close to MOtM
Hamer -8 he is going to be very good , reads the game well , holds his position well and sees a pass early and keeps the tempo high
Shipley - 8 absolutely ran his socks off , made some crucial challenges and dovetailed with Hamer brilliantly . He does still make mistakes but he’s 22 and still improving
Allen - 6.5 his movement and workrate was brilliant but his touch tonight let him down at times and his decision making was poor too
O ‘ Hare -9 what a player we have , love his application , work rate , skill and great touch for his goal
Godden - 8 He isn’t going to struggle in this division , his game suits our style of play . Great movement for the goal and great movement throughout bringing others into the game

shmmeee

Yeah he doesn't have any standout technical attributes.

He's very busy and runs around a lot and does cause teams problems by popping up in space.

But rarely beats a man or puts a killer pass through.

I think Jones would have been perfect for that role, I do wonder if we're in the market for another AM

Im hoping Bapaga can make a quick recovery. He’s raw but very O’Hare like and will break those lines. Still really to see what Hilßner does. I suspect he’s been brought in to be a better Shipley in that AM role. I think that’s the idea for the non O’Hare role is a player picking passes and taking shots from the edge of the box.

steve101

I want whatever hip operation Dabo had. What an engine considering having no pre-season!

Marosi 7 ( Happy that he didn't take risks)
Dabo 9 (love watching him play)
Giles 8 (best player first half. Top cross for goal)
Ostigard 8 (fitting in well. Strong in the air)
McFadzean 8 (great character and good goal)
Hyam 8 (solid as usual)
Hamer 9 (hard working, better discipline and what a great corner taker)
Shipley 7 ( not natural position and did much better than last week. Thought he might have been subbed earlier but to be fair he did well for the last period of the game)
O'Hare 9 (motm. What a great combination to have a young player with a balance of grit and quality)
Allen 7 (Did some good stuff but was chasing shadows first half but then was involved in 1st goal)
Godden 8 (held the ball up well, worked hard but sensibly and movement for goal was great)

Sooo happy! What a great result.

ptr

Some really good performances. I know a few still don’t rate him but thought Shipley did well tonight. Come on leaps and bounds. Lot of nice touches on the ball and his defensive positioning was a lot better. Dabo brilliant second half but Giles and O’hare the difference. Those two will be key this year.

covcity4life

Pretty much this. Allen bothers me. I said today I can’t remember watching a game and coming away saying “Allen played really well today”, and he’s the only player I can say that for. This isn’t slating him, he’s a decent player, but doesn’t seem to excel in anything.
He seems to be caught in void of league 1 and championship. Still very early in season though. He did some alright stuff

Last edited:

Evo1883

He was very good at Bristol last season...to be honest he's actually played very little for us

ptr

Godden has been one of the biggest pluses , his hold up play and link up play and energy simply brilliant doing it a higher level.. He looks like a seasoned championship striker. Getting better and better.

Absolutely. I must admit I doubted he’d be a threat this year. What he lacks in pace he makes up for in movement. Very clever player and will score goals with O’hare behind him.

johnwillomagic

How someone can say second goal was Shipley's fault is beyond me ,,,,sorry to spoil the Dabo love in but that goal was his fault got sucked in under the ball lost his man and headed it badly and off of Ostigaard's head when he would clearly have headed it comfortably clear but hey why let the facts get in the way of targetting a boo boy eh SBT?

johnwillomagic

That being said still buzzing and that three points should give us some confidence which was much needed judging by our sub par first half.

Great to see Dabo back he was to blame fro second goal and had a below par first half but has been out a long time second half was more like the Dabo we know and love.

johnwillomagic

Marosi 7
Dabo 7.5
Giles 7.5
Fadz 7
Hyam 6.5
Osgaard 6
Shipley 6
Hamer 7
Allen 6
O'Hare 8 MOTM
Godden 7

Result: 8.5

Great three points boost confidence surely but still lots to work on!

mark82

How someone can say second goal was Shipley's fault is beyond me ,,,,sorry to spoil the Dabo love in but that goal was his fault got sucked in under the ball lost his man and headed it badly and off of Ostigaard's head when he would clearly have headed it comfortably clear but hey why let the facts get in the way of targetting a boo boy eh SBT?

The sudden turning on Shipley is bizarre. I don't understand it one bit. Have to remember he's still young and developing too. He's only 22, seems like he's been around forever.

Users who are viewing this thread