Player ratings v Sunderland (1 Viewer)

SleepyGinger

Couldn’t see a thread, Eccles Lati good. Everyone else average… Ayari looked good when come on

Hertsccfc

I thought we played well and it was a good match.

Wilson 8
MvE 6
Dasilva 8
Thomas 6
Fadz 8
Latibeaudiere 8
Eccles 8
Sheaf 6
Palmer 7
Godden 6
Simms 5

Subs

Wright 5
Ayari 6

rob9872

Wilson 7
Lati 8
Mcfadz 8
Thomas 6
Jay da Silva 8
MVE 7
Eccles 7
Sheaf 7
Palmer 8
Godden 6
Simms 6

Wright 6
Ayari 7

Martin180

I thought we played well and it was a good match.

Wilson 8
MvE 6
Dasilva 8
Thomas 6
Fadz 8
Latibeaudiere 8
Eccles 8
Sheaf 6
Palmer 7
Godden 6
Simms 5

Subs

Wright 5
Ayari 6
Not a dig but are the ratings for Simms and Wright based on their transfer fees and expectation rather than how , particularly Simms , played today ? Just seem a tad harsh

rob9872

Not a dig but are the ratings for Simms and Wright based on their transfer fees and expectation rather than how , particularly Simms , played today ? Just seem a tad harsh
I thought the 5 harsh but difficult to give any of the front 3 more than 6 when we failed to score.

Hertsccfc

Fair challenge but I don't think so, although maybe the Wright marking is a little harsh. Simms was better today but he applied no pressure on their defence. He made some runs but that is not enough. Forwards have to provide some challenge to the defence or the ball just keeps coming back. He will have to add this to his game or he is there just for his goals and I don't think that is going to be enough.

I am not writing him off btw but he seems some way off at the moment. We saw how much Gyokeres developed under Robins so let's hope Simms will too.

SBAndy

Wilson - 7 - claimed a lot that came into the area. Gave a fairly solid foundation.

Thomas - 6 - good, not great. Not keen on him whinging about MvE wanting the ball through the defence on a few occasions.
Fadz - 8 - so much class. Brought control to pretty much every defensive situation.
Latibeaudiere - 8 - solid, tenacious, excellent.

MVE - 7 - really good outlet in the first half. Evidently tired later in the 2nd half and surprised he wasn’t replaced.
Eccles - 6 - decent on the ball in the main but some instances of being far too weak. Positionally not great but we managed.
Sheaf - 7 - better than Eccles with some of the traits from today’s game.
Dasilva - 7 - excellent until about 60. Don’t know whether we’re discovering a common reason why him and Palmer didn’t make it at Chelsea.

Palmer - 7 - again, very good and creative until 55/60. Still leaves us short-handed defensively and I’d want to see him played alongside another AM.

Simms - 6 - some good movement, couple of chances. Does have the cumbersome look but still feel he’s worth persisting with.
Godden - 5 - the cynic in me thinks he’s trying to do too much himself to remain relevant. By some distance the poorest performance this season from him.

Subs
Ayari - 6 - evident quality but needs to get familiar with the rest of the team.
Wright - 5 - quite disappointing when he came on, little impact.

Martin180

Fair challenge but I don't think so, although maybe the Wright marking is a little harsh. Simms was better today but he applied no pressure on their defence. He made some runs but that is not enough. Forwards have to provide some challenge to the defence or the ball just keeps coming back. He will have to add this to his game or he is there just for his goals and I don't think that is going to be enough.

I am not writing him off btw but he seems some way off at the moment. We saw how much Gyokeres developed under Robins so let's hope Simms will too.
Always find these particular threads interesting . I thought Simms was lively first half but did drift out the game second half and expected Wright to do better against a tiring defence , all about opinions I guess

cunningstunt

Wilson 7
Lati 7
Mcfadz 8 everywhere he needed to be captain fantastic shame it's his last season
Thomas 6
Jay da Silva 8 starting to make an impact
MVE 6 will he come good
Eccles 8 when playing df mid 3 anywhere near the box
Sheaf 7
Palmer 7 our only creative player shame he hasn't got 90 mins in him
Godden 4 too slow physically and mentally would be better suited to a attacking mid
Simms 6 there's a player but can we wait

Wright 5 just reminds me of jay boothroyod skill pace but off the ball is as slow as kanu without the heart problem
Ayari 6 looks to be a "flair player" that might need carrying

Reactions: KAB

Martin180

I just thought for the time Wright had on the pitch he made more of an impact than Simms did all game, perhaps could have put Wright at 5 tbf but I just think he was at least more lively than Simms minute for minute.
I thought Simms started brightly and first half we were the better team , from my perspective Wright should’ve done better when he came on . Like I said earlier all about opinions

BlueSkiesForever

My nieces partner is an Evertonian and was gutted they sold him
Ah fair enough, maybe he’ll come good, at the minute I just find him frustrating as everyone says he has potential but most of the time I see him standing around not doing much. He did make a decent run here and there but I just feel he has a lot more to give but isn’t showing it atm.

Martin180

Ah fair enough, maybe he’ll come good, at the minute I just find him frustrating as everyone says he has potential but most of the time I see him standing around not doing much. He did make a decent run here and there but I just feel he has a lot more to give but isn’t showing it atm.
Goalscorers , number 9s, feed on confidence . Once he gets a goal I’m confident he will get on a decent run

steve101

Wilson 7
MVE 7
Thomas 7
McFadzean 8
Ladibeudiere 8.5 motm
Da Silva 8
Eccles 7
Sheaf 7
Palmer 8
Godden 6
Simms 6

Wright 6
Ayari 6

Dazmataz

Wilson 7
Lati 7
Mcfadz 8 everywhere he needed to be captain fantastic shame it's his last season
Thomas 6
Jay da Silva 8 starting to make an impact
MVE 6 will he come good
Eccles 8 when playing df mid 3 anywhere near the box
Sheaf 7
Palmer 7 our only creative player shame he hasn't got 90 mins in him
Godden 4 too slow physically and mentally would be better suited to a attacking mid
Simms 6 there's a player but can we wait

Wright 5 just reminds me of jay boothroyod skill pace but off the ball is as slow as kanu without the heart problem
Ayari 6 looks to be a "flair player" that might need carrying
Godden attacking mid... Assume that you've only just started watching Cov games and not seen his output over the last 4 years 🙈

Tomh111

Wilson was very good, continues to show how good of a shot stopper he is and I think he claimed the crosses and balls into the box well. His distribution remains his weakness but I'm not sure you can drop a keeper who keeps clean sheets.

Latibeaudiere was good yesterday, I criticised him after Middlesbrough but thought he was our best defender yesterday. There were a few moments where him being right footed meant that he wasn't able to make passes out to Da Silva.

Eccles and Sheaf were both very good, but were absolutely gassed by the end. Running on empty which allowed Sunderland to get a firmer foothold.

Da Silva and MVE were both good as well, offered outlets all game going forward. In particular MVE was impressive dealing with Clarke.

Godden worked hard and his movement was very good, couple of half chances but none of the strikers got much service.

Simms made some good runs and there were some nice interchanges. He needs a goal to get going, but I think he will be a very good player. He doesn't look used to pressing how we do and at times looked a bit lost on when to go and who to pick up, but I think that'll come with time.

Thomas and Fadz both had a fairly strong game, other than the fuck up where Fadz shot forward and didn't ein the ball, then him and Thomas tackled each other and Lati bailed them out.

Though Wright looked a bit flat when he came on, he had the break and probably should've scored - but he had to be better in a game that was breaking down.

Ayari looks to have a touch of class about him and I thought he put himself around quite well, but he needed to maintain that energy levels and he seemed to expect others to cover for him out of possession.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Firat game i've got to this season and McFadzean was the stand-out yesterday i thought, bit of a wobbly patch towards the end maybe but overall very good. DaSilva looks promising going forward and overall i think our signings look decent. We are going to have to hope at least one of the forwards settles in soon as that was our area of weakness vs Sunderland.

Users who are viewing this thread