Player ratings v Sunderland (2 Viewers)

Esoterica

Out of possesion he was fantastic, in possesion, not so great.
Reminded me of early Sheaf on Saturday. Did so many good things that will have gone unnoticed, or at least, quickly forgotten, whereas the 2 or 3 misplaced passes stick in the memory. Thought he broke up play superbly and he seems to have deliberately worked on releasing and moving the ball on quickly, which has perhaps contributed to those couple of dodgier moments.

Last edited:

fatso

Reminded me of early Sheaf on Saturday. Did so many good things that will have gone unnoticed, or at least, quickly forgotten, whereas the 2 or 3 misplaced paces stick in the memory. Thought he broke up play superbly and he seems to have deliberately worked on releasing and moving the ball on quickly, which has perhaps contributed to those couple of dodgier moments.
Agreed, he was excellent, which is why MR picks him, he's s big part of the reason we've only conceeded 1 goal in 3 games.
(And that goal wasn't his fault)
When Eccles and Sheaf play together we rarely get opened up.
However that does put a lot of onus on the AM and WB's to create the chances for us.

Last season we got away with that formation because Gyokeres was far more mobile and stronger and covered far more ground than Simms or Wright have, upto now.

I'm sure that if O"hare was available in place of Godden, and we still had Gyokeres up front, we'd of slaughtered Sunderland.

Frostie

Reminded me of early Sheaf on Saturday. Did so many good things that will have gone unnoticed, or at least, quickly forgotten, whereas the 2 or 3 misplaced paces stick in the memory. Thought he broke up play superbly and he seems to have deliberately worked on releasing and moving the ball on quickly, which has perhaps contributed to those couple of dodgier moments.
Was going to say exactly this.
He's got so much more confidence now & is a lot braver on the ball which, as with early Sheaf, can lead to a couple of heart stopping moments but I'm happy with that if he's trying to do the right things. Adi Viveash is a huge fan & said before he could be whatever he wants, the only thing he lacked was self belief.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I find it great the amount of different opinions we all have about players.I thought Eccles had a good game he did tire (put in a good shift) hence we lost it in midfield thought Robins would have brought Kelly on to replace him after about 60 minutes to help correct this.I also thought our top scorer played far better than the 4 someone gave him he covers lots of ground saw him back defending more than once.I also think Simms could learn a lot from him about creating space to receive to ball just a step or two away from his marker will do but sure he will learn that from Robins.Latibeudiere MOM

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson - 7
Lats - 8
Fadz - 8
Thomas - 6.5
MvE - 6.5
JD - 7.5
Eccles - 7
Sheaf - 7
Palmer - 7
Simms - 6
Godden - 6