Player Ratings v Bristol (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

But who covers sheaf & Hamer if he needs to come off again like today ?

we need another cdm in this week loan possibly
Don't get me wrong I rate Shipley when attacking but defensively he is a liability, but yea I wouldn't mind bringing in another experience cdm.

Enjoyed the game and real shame for the lads as they ran their socks off (which unfortunately did show physically slowing and mentally reacting after 70+ mins).

Thought the midfield was outstanding first half picking pockets and finding space.

two biggest positives for me were: o,hare will shine in championship as more technical and so gets more space and less kicks and shirt pulling than league 1 ! Even in the mk friendly he was fouled constantly but will get more protection in championship from refs. opposition tactics: they will come at us and so more space to break with that midfield we have. No more congested parts of pitch with 11 big physical players just parking bus and kicking us !

i think it will be a very different season, take us time to adjust and we just have to support the lads as they learn and develop

Hobo

Fans marks
Kelly 23 min n/a
Yet Walker 23 mins and getting 5 or 6???

Is the first 23 mins less influencial than the last 23 mins?

Legia Sky Blue

7's for Giles, Hamer, Walsh, Allen, O'Hare & Godden with 6 for the rest.

Man of the match - O'Hare, although like the rest he visibly tired in that last 15 minutes.

Giles and Hamer were also close to man of the match, but Giles was part of the dozy back line that conceded the sloppy 1st goal, and Hamer's lack of discipline also cost us. While he is obviously going to pick up bookings, he needs to be cuter once he has been booked. He was clearly going to be sent off if MR hadn't subbed him, and he didn't help himself by screaming in the refs face when he was being spoken to.

Hobo

We probably tried to rush Kelly back a bit soon, especially with Sheaf not being fully up to speed? Hope it is nothing too serious as we need Kelly.

Shipley is not a DM - so lets not be too harsh when he is just trying to plug gaps in an unfamiliar role.

Hamer, Sheaf and Walker all seem excellent aquisitions. Not the start we were hoping for but not the thumping some were predicting last week.

Hobo

But who covers sheaf & Hamer if he needs to come off again like today ?

we need another cdm in this week loan possibly

Once Dabo is back I would suspect it will be Pask.

Hobo

It'll be Eccles e
Based on ?

He’s never played there for us even at under 23 level ?

If Eccles is given a shot I wouldn't be too worried. I thought he has looked half decent when I have seen him.

The reason I said Pask is he prefers to play in centre of defence and who has been brought up as a technical footballer at West Ham.

I believe he has had some experience playing as a CDM earlier in his career.

PVA

I think people are being harsh on Hamer.

He made 3 fouls.

3. It's not like it was 10!

He got booked for the first one because Bristol City were breaking with many of our players forward and he felt he needed to bring the man down. It could have saved a goal, who knows.

Tackling is part of his game and of we try and temper that we're taking something away from him.

shmmeee

He made 3 fouls.

He got booked for the first one because Bristol City were breaking with many of our players forward and he felt he needed to bring the man down. It could have saved a goal, who knows.

Tackling is part of his game and of we try and temper that we're taking something away from him.

Agree. He hasn’t got a history of bad discipline and the Bristol players went down like they’d been shot whenever we got near them (something we’re going to have to get used to in this division I reckon).

People are acting like he Kasta-slid all over the place.

cc84cov

He made 3 fouls.

Match sharpness and getting used to The pace of English football is all it is...Hamer is a class act how set piece delivery is probably the best I’ve seen from a city player and when he went off the game turned best player on the park for me yesterday

Evo1883

Because I thought he played better.

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Whenever Eccles has played he has been impressive. I read on here he is 20 now? If that is the case then he needs to be given his chance. I can't see a reason for keeping him if he isn't going to be played.
He will play tonight alongside sheaf we have no other options.

Warwickhunt

Disclaimer: My feed cut out 2nd half till 70th min. Kept buffering. anyone else?

Marosi 7
Mcfafz 6
Hyam 6
Ostigaard 6
Giles 7
Pask 6
Kelly 6
Hamer 8
Allen 6
O hare 7
Godden 7

Walker 6
Sheaf 6
Shipley 6
i would look at your wifi! i had problems untili put a tether line from the router to my laptop and had perfect reception not one buffer

Users who are viewing this thread