Player Ratings v Bristol (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Think Hamer dictated the game for us but Sheaf looked impressed.

O Hare ran himself into the ground and you could tell he was shattered.

Marosi 6
Pask 6
Ostigard 6.5
Hyam 7
Mcfazedean 6
Giles 7.5
Hamer 7
Shipley 5.5-only because of his marking on corner
Ohare 7.5
Allen 7.5
Godden 7
don’t think anyone played bad nor amazing we just looked strong as a squad and look like we can do well this year #pusb

larry_david

I wish Godden was half a yard quicker. We sythed them open in the first half and should have been ahead.

Impressed with o hare, Allen and Hamer but also fuming with Hamer for putting us in that position to sub. You'd imagine baka on for godden would have been the next sub had we not lost kelly and been forced to change Hamer

SeaSeeEffCee

Marosi 6
Pask 6
Ostigard 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Giles 7
Hamer 7
Kelly N/A
Allen 6
O'Hare 8
Godden 7

Shipley 6
Sheaf 7
Walker 6

lifeskyblue

All played reasonably well. Nobody stood out as a weak link but majority tired alarmingly around 70mins. I would give everyone 6or 7 and O’Hare a 7.5 for his first half performance.
Hamer has to control himself or he will be picking up cards every game...and we missed him when he went off. Would like to see him and sheaf on the pitch together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Marosi - 5

Ostigard - 6
McFadzean - 6
Hyam 6

Pask - 5
Giles - 7

Hamer - 7
Kelly - N/A
O’Hare - 7
Allen - 7

Godden 6

Shipley - 5
Walker - 5
Sheaf - 6

stupot07

Marosi - 7
Pask - 6
Leo - 6
McFadz - 6
Hyam - 6
Giles - 6
Hamer - 7
Kelly - 6
O'Hare - 7
Allen - 6
Godden - 7

Subs

Shipley - 6
Sheaf - 6
Walker - 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maverick

Marosi - 5
Pask - 5
Leo - 6
McFadz - 5
Hyam - 7
Giles - 6
Hamer - 7
Kelly - n/a
O'Hare - 7
Allen - 6
Godden - 7

Subs

Shipley - 5
Sheaf - 6
Walker - 5

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi - 6.5 liked that he didn’t take any risks at the back. Two very good saves
Pask - 6 lacking defensively. He won’t be a first team player when dabo returns didn’t let anyone down
Ostigard - 6.5 mistake for goal and left a man later but he’s a proper footballer and although I think rose will replace him he’s an excellent first change
Mcfadzean - 6 one moment of madness but he was excellent
Hyam - 7 didn’t put a foot wrong
Giles - 7 he was excellent I thought not a weak link defensively either maybe at fault for not seeing the man who headed in their winner
Hamer - 7 excellent
Kelly - na
Shipley - 7 first half, 5 second half overall 6
Allen - 7 excellent
Ohare - 7.5 didn’t get enough of ball second half
Godden - 7 took his goal well could have had a Hatrick
Sheaf - 6 looks very good. Set piece excellent
Walker - 6.5 set up Godden twice looks good

Unlucky.We need to not give easy goals away this season

KenilworthSkyBlue

Marosi - 6. Personally I thought he should've done better for their second goal. Seemed to hesitate when Kalas made contact with the ball. Other than that I thought he performed well. Shot stopping and distribution were both fine.

Pask - 6. I don't think he's the answer at RB. He had promising moments but it's clear that it isn't his preferred position. Made a couple of mistakes and his fitness could probably do with work but overall I thought he did okay.

Ostigard - 6.5. You can see why previous reports and his stats last season indicated he was solid in the air. Thought that part of his game was dominant and he looked pretty comfortable on the ball. Made the wrong decision at times though, and probably could've done better in the lead up to their first goal. Gave him the extra 0.5 as he came close to scoring with a well taken volley.

McFadzean - 6.5. Solid in the first half but I thought he was a weak link in the second. I thought he could've lead the line better as the back line looked very disjointed at times, especially in the second half. Made a dreadful mistake after what should have been a routine pass back to Marosi (can't remember which half it was) but held onto the ball for longer than necessary. He may not be as fortunate next time. Looked good on the ball at times, got up well and did his job so don't think he deserves less than a 6.5.

Hyam - 7. Probably the best performer of the back line. Looked great on the ball and got up well. Incredible how far he has come over the past 3 years. Looks comfortable every time he's stepped up a division with us.

Giles - 6.5. Giles actually pleasantly surprised me. His crossing is excellent and his pace caused them problems on a number of occasions. His defending could do with some work but overall it wasn't too bad at all. Gave far too much space to their RB in the second half but I can't berate him too much as several players looked lethargic and did the same.

Hamer - 7. What a player, and one I think is going to be instrumental moving forward this season. Great at set pieces, absolute terrier and is an excellent passer. I think the main highlight is that after years of looking poor from corners, we now look at threat, and it's thanks in the main to this man. Only reason his rating isn't higher is because of the constant fouls.

Shipley - 6. I thought he played really well in the first half, but after 60 minutes he was blowing hot air. First half he looked really comfortable on the ball, was switching the play well, evaded the opposition with the ball whilst in tight situations on several occasions, moved up the pitch well and his tackling was okay given he was played in a position where he's probably at his least comfortable in midfield. Promising signs from him though.

O'Hare - 7.5. As with Hamer, what a player. Played his part in our goal and throughout the game he was the clear threat. Maybe it's something that I've missed in the past but I thought he held the ball up very well for his size, really showed grit against a strong Bristol team. Played some excellent one-two's, demonstrated some great footwork and was just generally a thorn in the sides of the Bristol back line. Thought he was a bit isolated when Allen came off and Walker was brought on, and couldn't really make an affect on the back end of the second half.

Allen - 7. Doesn't often stand out from the crowd but he was quietly effective throughout the game. Thought he linked up well with O'Hare and Godden and just didn't stop running. A guaranteed starter for me.

Godden - 7. Well taken goal and made some effective knock-ons for other players to run on to. Thought he held the ball up well and tried to get into some good positions too. Missed a bit of a clear-cut chance in the second half but it's just one of them and it was probably harder than what it looked as a Bristol defender was in the process of closing him down. Overall did well.

Walker - 6. I didn't think he had much of an effect when he came on, but I don't think that was much fault of his own as he tried. He did his best to feed Godden on two (I think) occasions after being put through but the Bristol back line was pretty solid during the second half. Tried to get into some good positions but it didn't particularly work.

Sheaf - 6. He looked solid. Another that is great from set pieces which is refreshing. I did notice as per the reports that he constantly looks for the forward pass. Was it him that did one of his trademark tackles too? Definitely a player when fit that I look forward to seeing more of.

Kelly - N/A. Looked good when he was on. I hope his injury isn't too serious though as it's clear how invaluable he is to the side.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Surprised about some of the lowish marks for Pask. Thought He was impressive first half. Obviously tired Second with all the effort in first 60. Surprised how quick he was. And me how far forward he got. Will be an excellent back up for Dabo this season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Surprised about some of the lowish marks for Pask. Thought He was impressive first half. Obviously tired Second with all the effort in first 60. Surprised how quick he was. And me how far forward he got. Will be an excellent back up for Dabo this season.

DaCosta is the back up for Dabo.

I thought Pask did well in parts, but he’s very much a packet CB playing RWB at the minute. I don’t mean that in a mean-spirited way.

Londonccfcfan

DaCosta is the back up for Dabo.

I thought Pask did well in parts, but he’s very much a packet CB playing RWB at the minute. I don’t mean that in a mean-spirited way.

Da Costa won't be fit anytime soon. Probably not untill Nov/Dec.

Any how we havnt seen anything of him.

Pask has done well.

lord_garrincha

We lost 2-1 at home to Scunthorpe when we got promoted last and played okay. Very similar in that respect.

The last 30 mins of the 1st half was superb.

I'm not sure whether we tired in the 2nd half or BC got a control of the game... Hamer coming off obviously didn't help.

covcity4life

Disclaimer: My feed cut out 2nd half till 70th min. Kept buffering. anyone else?

Marosi 7
Mcfafz 6
Hyam 6
Ostigaard 6
Giles 7
Pask 6
Kelly 6
Hamer 8
Allen 6
O hare 7
Godden 7

Walker 6
Sheaf 6
Shipley 6

Londonccfcfan

We lost 2-1 at home to Scunthorpe when we got promoted last and played okay. Very similar in that respect.

I'm not sure whether we tired in the 2nd half or BC got a control of the game... Hamer coming off obviously didn't help.
We didn't get promoted that season.

Londonccfcfan

Ah I see what you mean.

fatso

If the game was stopped after 70 minutes, most of the above scores would of been +1 across the board.
The lack of match fitness cost us, Bristol were able to dominate the last 20 minutes, and you could see the winner coming.
On a plus note, there were some very good 70 minute performances. Ostigard will be a good signing, once he settles in. Hamer and Sheaf look quality, and O'hare and Allan are a handful. So onwards and upwards for the sky blue army.

cooperskyblue

Frustrating result. 2 very poor goals.
A lot of positives. We played our football and for big spells showed we can at this level against a strong championship team.
But we have to be ruthless. Not give teams headstarts.

Hamer very impressive as was O'Hare.
We go again

Londonccfcfan

Another big positive.

Godden goal. Important for his a strikers self belief. In fact he could have had a hatrick really.

First goal brilliant how he started and finished the move.

speedie87

Marosi 6 at least one knocked off for that save he then dropped first half
Ostigard 7 looked steady enough
Mcfadzean 7 where was he for first goal, and got lucky when lost ball in own area
Hyam 7 was it his fault for winner , went under the ball
Pask 6 out of position I know but still not having him, lightweight and seems asleep half the time
Kelly 6
Hamer 7 seriously someone needs a word about the amount of needless fouls
Ohare 7 should he have been tucked in for first goal, good going forward
Allen 7 worked hard but about it
Ohare 8 must have 3 lungs
Godden 8 scored one and think shot second half was going that was blocked

Shipley 6 did well when came on but tired
Walker 5
Sheaf 7 looks class

Liquid Gold

General 6s which I feel is pretty good in our first game in 6 months against a championship team. O’Hare 8, he bossed it so much. Pask and Shipley 5 for the goals and getting caught in the wrong place. More good than bad.

cc84cov

Sheaf was exactly what we need in that midfield not shy to come and collect the ball broke play up he will be some player once fit

Super Graham Withey

Marosi 6
Pask 6
Hyam 6
Ostergaard 6
Fadz 6
Giles 7
O' Hare 8
Hamer 7
Shipley 6
Allen 6
Godden 7

O'Hare played really well and looks like he will be our main threat going forward this season. The defence worries me though. Back in League One, Lee Burge had an absolute shocker for Sunderland today...

Kieranp96

Marosi - 5
Pask - 5
Hyam -7
Ostigard - 7
Fadz -7
Giles -7
Hamer -8
Kelly- N/A
Allen -7
O’Hare -8
Godden -7

Walker -6
Shipley -4
Sheaf -7

Had Shipley been in an advance role I would t of expected him to actually defend but he wasn't so on that he was my worst player best player on the pitch ohare possibly hamer had he been on for 90 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread