Player of the season (1 Viewer)

Frostie

You have blind spots once you’ve decided on something. He’s improved enormously and still is

Wouldn't be in the POTY conversation for me but has improved immeasurably. Looked way out of his depth at times last season now, whilst he still has his flaws, he doesn't look out of place at all & stacks up very well statistically too.

For me it's Gyökeres as POTY. Just has a bit of everything & (like O'Hare) has become absolutely critical to the way we play.

sylus

1, O' hare, without doubt, cannot afford to lose him in the summer, followed by Gyokeres and hamer massive players tis season

Grendel

Wouldn't be in the POTY conversation for me but has improved immeasurably. Looked way out of his depth at times last season now, whilst he still has his flaws, he doesn't look out of place at all & stacks up very well statistically too.

For me it's Gyökeres as POTY. Just has a bit of everything & (like O'Hare) has become absolutely critical to the way we play.

exactly he’s not player of the year

in fact if the club wasn’t selling players first you’d really try and invest in a central defender to play in the middle of the 3 as a primary recruit as McFazdean is getting to retirement age in this league

Gyokeres will win it by a margin and rightly so

Bertola

It's out of Viktor and Hamer for me. As a cynic i could see Vik winning young player of the year, and Gustavo getting POTY.

SkyblueTexan

I think a 3 way tie and shared honors between Gyo, Hamer and O’Hare would be the most equitable solution. Personally I’d put Gyo ahead of O’Hare followed by Hamer, the latter whose performances of late have been much more of what I’d like to see from him. Yesterday’s corner for the first goal and steal of the ball for the third goal were great examples.

fernandopartridge

Think we are at a point where we can make a decision on this pretty much who gets your vote this season.

For me early on fadz was leading the way with really good form early season up until about the halfway stage .. vik went off the boil in terms of goals but the shifts being put in remained the same .

I think for his goal contribution and overall centre forward play , despite the fact I think he should be on 25 already really , but a sensational turnaround in form compared to last season , my player of the season is Gyokeres.. 15 goals in 40 games is a very solid return

Special mention to hyam who I believe has been incredible compared to last season also .
Gyokeres even when he wasn't scoring was still contributing a lot, he was superb yesterday. He's probably my player of the season

CDK

O'Hare followed by viktor.ohare barely a bad game all season and 4goals so far ,Viktor is getting better and if he carries on then will be a strong and more important focul presence next season.

Hod dog

first half of season i felt Fadz was clear standout

over whole season its Hamer, bloke oozes quality on and off the ball

i get the Gyokeres selections though as he has been class, and whats great is its clear there is so much room for improvement too and with a few tweaks would be a prem striker.

Danceswithhorses

I think the player we would miss the most, and find hardest to replace is Gyokeres, so he gets my vote as POTY...a great buy
Honourable mentions go to :-
Moore...Excellent freebie, and a far better GK than we ever expected.
O'Hare...limitless stamina and a real pain for opposition defenders, who struggle to handle him...will only improve
Hamer...blows a bit hot and cold, but on his day, he's a set piece expert and excellent passer.

Last edited:

AOM

Gyokeres or O'Hare for me. Even when they have an off day, they still offer a lot to the team.

Ben Sheaf for most improved. He's gone from a bit of a boo boy to having his own song.
Was brilliant yesterday, can't believe some still don't rate him

TomS91

Hyam is a pretty strange choice. His never worth much in the market and just a plodder

it’s Gyokeres followed by o hare and then hamer
Just can't help yourself can you?! About 20 posts above yours all of them positive. Have a day off.

sylus

what are the chances the club will sell all three in the summer and cash in. Gyokeres, O'hare and Hamer

TomS91

Plenty of potentials. McFadz and Sheaf were outstanding in the first half of the season. Godden when he's been fit has been brilliant. Moore has been good for most of the season. Gyokeres has been outstanding.

But for consistency it has to be Hyam. Barely had a bad game this year and has stepped up dramatically from his form in the 2nd half of last season.

djr8369

Well Jamie Allen hasn't let your lad down this season or anyone else for that matter Gibbo.
Not sure that anyone including myself had Allen as a near certain starter at the start of the season - he's become an important part of our midfield and all credit to him.

He’s vital to the quick countering attacking style that we’ve got better at throughout the season and was so effective against Fulham.

Grendel

what are the chances the club will sell all three in the summer and cash in. Gyokeres, O'hare and Hamer

I don’t think they will actually

You’d hope the sale of Gyokeres will be enough especially if the likes of waghorn and Walker abs even Kelly could be moved / loaned out

This is an area where you’ll really see if Boddy is good at his job or not. Wagott wasn’t popular and rightly so but he could engineer some successful deals structured in a way that gives the income over a sustained period - Wilson being the best example.

pusbccfc

Toss up between Vik and O'Hare but I'd edge towards Cal.

Vik has been incredible but he did have that spell without goals (even if he did still perform to a good level during it).

However, O'Hare has consistently performed to a good level. We all criticise his end product but his work rate in such a high number of appearances is so impressive.

Reactions: vow

mark82

It's out of Viktor and Hamer for me. As a cynic i could see Vik winning young player of the year, and Gustavo getting POTY.

The thing that lets Hamer down for me is the bookings. He's going to end up missing 6 games over the course of this season due to bookings.

Like most others, for me it's Gyökeres > O'Hare > Hamer.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There's not really a need to sell all three.

One will almost certainly go - the club's last set of accounts pretty much is proof of that.

Equally as Grendal has pointed out there are three players on Championship-sized contracts, plus Dacosta and Hilssner, who will probably cost to move on either in terms of settlements or having to bear the brunt of their wages whilst they're out on loan.

I suspect the sale of Gyokeres will be enough to cover the above but I'd wager that there still isn't going to be a significant amount left over for Robins to play with unfortunately.

SheafIsGod

Toss up between Vik and O'Hare but I'd edge towards Cal.

Vik has been incredible but he did have that spell without goals (even if he did still perform to a good level during it).

However, O'Hare has consistently performed to a good level. We all criticise his end product but his work rate in such a high number of appearances is so impressive.

Missing 90% of chances as an AM is consistently performing to a good level?

Torquay Sky Blue

Hamer for me but close. Brilliant on Sunday and so instrumental to our play. When he's on his game the whole team are.
Shows the kind of season we've had when there's 5 or 6 in the frame . Usually find it hard to find 1 or 2

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Gyokores, O'Hare and Hamer all have a decent claim to this, i'd go in this order personally but couldn't complain if either of the other two won. It's been a good season overall, plenty of positives across the squad (I was a bit nervous about Moore being #1 prior to seeing him play, thought the defence in general might struggle and didn't see 15+ goals from Gyokores coming). I think one of the 'big 3' above will go in the summer but if it's reinvested well we should be able to improve again. I liked the mention of the fans earlier too, plenty of great away days this season and generally a good atmosphere at home, we've been through alot and it's good to enjoy these brighter days at last.

Users who are viewing this thread