Player of the season so far (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

I still don’t get this. Yes Adi was obviously aware of Dabo’s quality but it doesn’t explain why a player that is clearly championship quality ends up at a homeless league one club on a quarter of the wages he should be on. Does his agent do fuck all?
Maybe he just had a great respect and relationship with him from the Chelsea days. Maybe we are paying him decent wedge (I've got no idea). Never mind, he did rock up here and he's one of the highest quality players I've seen in a Cov shirt since the days of Fox and Dann

Skybluefaz

I think it shows what we’re up against - clubs can spend probably our overall budget on one player
We don't know what our budget will be, maybe Robins sells Dabo, Westbrooke and Rose for 10-12 million and can invest 8 million in playing budget, I guess it's the only way we can grow. I'm not saying it's the right move but with the track record of development, sellling on and reinvesting, I trust Robins to find a way.

Londonccfcfan

I’ve said this before - if McCallum is worth £3million Dabs is going to be worth double or more!

Yes true. Dabo excellent player no doubt...could it be we have found his best position..wing back.

Without doing him a disservice. Is Dabo good enough defensively as a right back? Or indeed good enough as a championship right winger (doesn't score enough)? Just saying.

Evo1883

I think it shows what we’re up against - clubs can spend probably our overall budget on one player

Oh I agree, survival in the championship in the 1st season or 2 would be a massive achievement... How we would do moving forward who knows

Grendel

Oddly I’d say the only two players we’d miss and couldn’t replace are Marosi and Godden but I guess that’s more to do with the fact we have little quality back up in those areas

Grendel

Gosh that’s a shout not dabo or Walsh?

Im not really saying they should be player if the season but to me the only way we’d struggle now not to stay top is if one of them suddenly was out for the season

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Personally I’d go for Walsh, best player I’ve seen in a City shirt in a while, however, I think Dabo is a very, very close second and as he’s our player and Walsh is a loan, it’s probably fair Dabo takes it. How about we agree to give it Walsh if he signs permanently in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Im not really saying they should be player if the season but to me the only way we’d struggle now not to stay top is if one of them suddenly was out for the season

I think we'd struggle if we lost mcfadzean too, I also don't see a direct replacement for Walsh

clint van damme

absolutely crazy how many players you can make a genuine case for for POTY.
Dabo for me but you can make a good case for probably 4 or 5 others.

AFCCOVENTRY

It has to be Dabo. The amount of goals that have come because of what he does in that right wing back position is phenomenal. It’s a miracle we picked him up in L1

D

Deleted member 2477

Dabo for me closely followed by walsh but you cant complain if any of the back four got it. I think our defence have been the difference this season and they are the unsung hero’s of the team when goal scorers get all the Publicity

Mucca Mad Boys

Maybe he just had a great respect and relationship with him from the Chelsea days. Maybe we are paying him decent wedge (I've got no idea). Never mind, he did rock up here and he's one of the highest quality players I've seen in a Cov shirt since the days of Fox and Dann

Not to mention that Dabo has improved massively over the season. I don’t think he was good enough for the Championship at the start of the season. Hopefully, he’s a hit next season in the Championship!

JulianDarbyFTW

Not to mention that Dabo has improved massively over the season. I don’t think he was good enough for the Championship at the start of the season. Hopefully, he’s a hit next season in the Championship!

That's how I feel about Walsh. I thought his first few games were quite iffy, although he was without Kelly at that time. He's got better and better as the weeks have rolled by.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Another one in the Dabo camp. Possibly my favourite player since we got relegated from the prem (note, not saying he’s the best, but he’s my favourite). He has everything a fan could want in a wing-back, defends well, can skin his man and get a cross in. Score a few more and he’s worth a shit-ton.

I’d love to get promoted so that we can maybe see players like Dabo (and Walsh?) supplemented with one or two new signings. Could be some team with the right acquisitions.

Blind-Faith

Surprised Hyam hasn’t got a mention?
But personally for me it would be Dabo. Hyam mcfadz Godden closely behind

DannyThomas_1981

Another one in the Dabo camp. Possibly my favourite player since we got relegated from the prem (note, not saying he’s the best, but he’s my favourite). He has everything a fan could want in a wing-back, defends well, can skin his man and get a cross in. Score a few more and he’s worth a shit-ton.

I’d love to get promoted so that we can maybe see players like Dabo (and Walsh?) supplemented with one or two new signings. Could be some team with the right acquisitions.

100% agreed with this. You could go even further with Dabo as he's always so confident, wants the ball and is never afraid to step in to defend his team mates when it's kicking off. Always the first one to arrive if there's a dust up. Someone I'd always want to have in my team. Just brings plenty of the right kind of attitude (kind of the opposite to JCH in terms of attitude who was most likely seen screaming at 19 year old youth players on his own team for misplaced passes).

Last edited:

harvey098

What’s interesting is if you read the first page... the most votes go to Mason and Shipley (who was an ever present in the team up until Xmas).. now both are being kept out by players that aren’t even in the conversation for player of the season (McCallum and O’Hare)... shows just how good we’ve been as a team

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe we can give out positional award this season: GKotS, LCBotS, CBotS, RCBotS, LWBotS (Giles obviously), and so on.

Isn't that commonly called "team of the season " or "starting XI of the year"?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd go for Dabo. Don't want to attract any attention to Walsh just in case we've got a chance of signing in off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread