Player of the season so far (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

Westbrook,Godden or Shipley

If Godden scores 20 this season he will get the freedom of the City for me

Paxman II

Morosi.
At last we have a competent keeper who exudes confidence and reliability bringing a whole new dimension to our style of play which projects onto the team.
Goodness knows what Sunderland saw in Burge. A good keeper your team is totally comfident in makes all the difference.

fernandopartridge

Marosi, isn't as busy as Burge was due to playing in front of a better back 4 or 5 but I think some of that is down to their confidence in him. His varied distribution has added a lot to our game, see the 4th goal yesterday for an example. Certainly the most secure I've felt with a keeper for a long time.

Gazolba

CT suggesting it’s between Shipley and o’hare.

Discuss...
You can't have a player of the season until the season is over.
You also can't have a goal of the season.

Skybluefaz

For me Dabo was nailed on for this. While his levels haven't dropped, Liam Walsh must have played himself in to contention. Then there is the form of McFadzean since the turn of the year....

Liquid Gold

Almost all of them deserve it. Hyam won it last year and his form hasn’t dropped at all. McFadz has been the leader in defence we’ve been craving. Walsh is just quality on the ball and moves us forwards perfectly. Marosi is the biggest single upgrade we’ve had in a position for years. Godden is sneaking up towards the magic 20. Dabo for me though, he’s just been an ever present beast. Great defensively, great going forward, great strong fighting presence that lifts fans and players. He’s going to be worth a hell of a lot of money after a year in the championship.

GaryJones

Dabo - all day long!
McFaz Walsh Marosi also very close.

Evo1883

Almost all of them deserve it. Hyam won it last year and his form hasn’t dropped at all. McFadz has been the leader in defence we’ve been craving. Walsh is just quality on the ball and moves us forwards perfectly. Marosi is the biggest single upgrade we’ve had in a position for years. Godden is sneaking up towards the magic 20. Dabo for me though, he’s just been an ever present beast. Great defensively, great going forward, great strong fighting presence that lifts fans and players. He’s going to be worth a hell of a lot of money after a year in the championship.

If we do go up, I think we will only get one more year from Dabo here sadly.

At championship prices and a good season we could probably command anywhere between 5 and 10 million for him

Londonccfcfan

Marosi, isn't as busy as Burge was due to playing in front of a better back 4 or 5 but I think some of that is down to their confidence in him. His varied distribution has added a lot to our game, see the 4th goal yesterday for an example. Certainly the most secure I've felt with a keeper for a long time.
Excellent point.

GaryJones

If we do go up, I think we will only get one more year from Dabo here sadly.

At championship prices and a good season we could probably command anywhere between 5 and 10 million for him
That would make Dabo one of the best investments we’ve had since Maddison - brilliant piece of work by the scouting department.

Londonccfcfan

1)Dabo
2)Walsh
3)Godden.....Big match player
4)Mcfadz
5)Marosi

The whole squad from Rose to Biamou have played a massive part.

theferret

Dabo or Walsh for me, but you can make a case for several others. So much talent in the squad, but matched with spirit, endeavour and leadership all over the pitch. Never has a city side been more fit to wear the shirt.

SlowerThanPlatt

The Championship is a massive step up and I’m sure the likes of Luton and Barnsley were saying the same about their players who were excellent in League One if they replicated their seasons they’d be worth millions.

Walsh who many think is too good for this level is not even needed in Bristol City’s squad

Evo1883

The Championship is a massive step up and I’m sure the likes of Luton and Barnsley were saying the same about their players who were excellent in League One if they replicated their seasons they’d be worth millions.

Walsh who many think is too good for this level is not even needed in Bristol City’s squad

Maybe age though, just coming to fruit now

GaryJones

I’ve said this before - if McCallum is worth £3million Dabs is going to be worth double or more!

torchomatic

Dabo
Walsh
Fadz
Godden

Liquid Gold

All down to Viveash you have to believe
I still don’t get this. Yes Adi was obviously aware of Dabo’s quality but it doesn’t explain why a player that is clearly championship quality ends up at a homeless league one club on a quarter of the wages he should be on. Does his agent do fuck all?

Users who are viewing this thread