Play-offs (1 Viewer)

Otis

Don't want to tempt fate talking about it now, but I think it is wise to look at the scenario in terms of dates etc.

I know someone yesterday said they were away on holiday for the play-off final.

Season ends on the 8th May and the play-off final is on the 29th May.

My concern is when the play-off dates will be. My daughter is performing down London on Sunday 15th. Obvious concern is if that is one of the two play-off legs.

Anyone else got possible clashes? Or booked a holiday that they might well live to regret?

I would be devastated if we made it and I missed out.

A long way off yet, but arrangements for other stuff could well be being made now, as is in my case.

mullingar

Yes Otis I've been thinking the same. Should be available for the final but will be out of the country on the weekend of 14th. Can't seem to find dates for the first pair of matches.Can anyone enlighten me?

Otis

Nope. Don't think it is arranged until the end of the season and they know who is involved!

Which is a complete bummer!

no_loyalty

Regarding the play off semi finals, does the team that finishes higher in the league always play the first leg away from home?

I am praying we finish top 2 as I fly out on holiday two days before. I have already looked at flight prices back from the Canaries for Me and My Daughter. Will leave the wife at the hotel for two days. I reckon I can fly in to London and then get to Wembley if I need to easily enough.

AngryAnt

I work every second weekend, so a quick scan of the calendar shows I'm off for the play off final but I'll be working for everything else. Which means, I'll tell them I'm either having the holidays or they can fire me. I'll stand outside with soaking wet hair and nothing on to get a cold for the Monday if I have to, but I never saw the FA Cup win (9months too late...), so I won't be missing this if we manage to get there.

no_loyalty

Just realised I'm on holiday from 16th May until 23rd, just told the missus that we could miss the playoff semis, but she insists we are gonna fcuk it up and not finish in the top 6

chiefdave

Just realised I'm on holiday from 16th May until 23rd, just told the missus that we could miss the playoff semis, but she insists we are gonna fcuk it up and not finish in the top 6

Have a bet with her, if she's right you go on holiday. If not you go to the play offs.

Bennosdancingfeet

Nope. Don't think it is arranged until the end of the season and they know who is involved!

Which is a complete bummer!

Normally the week after season ends. Then 2nd leg on the Tuesday/ Wednesday depending if you played first leg on a Saturday or Sunday.

Having read all these posts of people being on holiday and our kid being away too, getting a play off final ticket will be a piece of piss!

Otis

I didn't receive any advice at all and just did it off my own back, thank you very much!!

covcity4life

I still think we can do autos. Will requite a run of 3 or 4 wins on bounce tho at some point. We already have 1 and confident we will beat fleetwood too

But bar pboro and Bradford I'm not too worried about playoff chasers. It sounds weird but I think cov are most definitely gonna have exciting end to season for once.

Wether it has a happy ending or not remains to be seen

Paxman II

I meant we will get autos. Think we will get 2nd spot. With the recruitment we have made and letting JOB go to Scunny it demonstrates exactly our intent. It took a few games to get the newbies up to speed but I truly believe we are set for a good run in.

Gazolba

I very much doubt we can make the top 2. People's thinking is clouded by a single 6-0 win. I wont say it's impossible but at the moment all signs point to Burton and Wigan. If we can string together four or five consecutive wins, I might change my mind.

covcity4life

I very much doubt we can make the top 2. People's thinking is clouded by a single 6-0 win. I wont say it's impossible but at the moment all signs point to Burton and Wigan. If we can string together four or five consecutive wins, I might change my mind.

Not clouded at all. I been saying autos since start of season.

It's got slot harder but still possible

ccfc92

I work every second weekend, so a quick scan of the calendar shows I'm off for the play off final but I'll be working for everything else. Which means, I'll tell them I'm either having the holidays or they can fire me. I'll stand outside with soaking wet hair and nothing on to get a cold for the Monday if I have to, but I never saw the FA Cup win (9months too late...), so I won't be missing this if we manage to get there.

So you're an FA Cup win baby ;)

ccfc92

I am praying we finish top 2 as I fly out on holiday two days before. I have already looked at flight prices back from the Canaries for Me and My Daughter. Will leave the wife at the hotel for two days. I reckon I can fly in to London and then get to Wembley if I need to easily enough.

This is brilliant :laugh: :claping hands:

Otis

For anyone who is interested (yes, I know there is still a long way to go and anything can happen, but people do have holidays and commitments etc), the play-offs dates previously have panned out like this:

Not an exact science at all you will see, but usually the first legs of the play-offs are within 7 days of the end of the season.

This season ends on Sunday 8th May. First leg of play-offs should be Wednesday 11th May/Thursday 12th/Friday 13th/Saturday 14th.

Second leg could therefore quite possibly be Sunday 15th/Monday 16th/Tuesday 17th May/Wednesday 18th.

It does vary a bit, but here are the last few seasons.

Last season the season finished on Sunday 4th May and the first legs of the play-offs were Wednesday 7th May (both ties). 2nd legs were over 2 days, Sunday 10th and Monday 11th.

So play-offs within 3 days from the end of the season.

The season before that the season finished on Sunday 3rd May and the first legs of the play-offs were on Saturday 10th May (later this year for some reason) and the second legs on Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th.

First legs this time were 7 days after the last game.

Year before that, season finished on 27th April and first legs of the play-offs were on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th. Second legs were both on Monday 6th.

Play-off first legs 5 days after end of season.

Year before that the season finished on the 5th May and the play-off first legs were on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th May. 2nd legs were Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th May.

Again 5 days after the end of the season.

Year before, end of season Saturday 7th May. Play-off first legs, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th. 2nd legs Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th.

First legs 7 days after the last game of the season.

Didn't realise what a quagmire it was and now wish I hadn't bleedin started!

Last edited:

clint van damme

That works out perfect for me. Flying to Berlin on 20th for a few days and back in time for the final. As long as final tickets are available on line.

Users who are viewing this thread