Play-offs (2 Viewers)

Covstu

It would be a tall order to get automatics in my opinion, Burton were excellent against us and Wigan are flying (don't see that stopping either). I would take playoffs but then anything can happen. It would be the rush for tickets for the play off semis which would be interesting. All of these 'fans' appearing again!

Terry Gibson's perm

For anyone who is interested (yes, I know there is still a long way to go and anything can happen, but people do have holidays and commitments etc), the play-offs dates previously have panned out like this:

Not an exact science at all you will see, but usually the first legs of the play-offs are within 7 days of the end of the season.

This season ends on Sunday 8th May. First leg of play-offs should be Wednesday 11th May/Thursday 12th/Friday 13th/Saturday 14th.

Second leg could therefore quite possibly be Sunday 15th/Monday 16th/Tuesday 17th May/Wednesday 18th.

It does vary a bit, but here are the last few seasons.

Last season the season finished on Sunday 4th May and the first legs of the play-offs were Wednesday 7th May (both ties). 2nd legs were over 2 days, Sunday 10th and Monday 11th.

So play-offs within 3 days from the end of the season.

The season before that the season finished on Sunday 3rd May and the first legs of the play-offs were on Saturday 10th May (later this year for some reason) and the second legs on Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th.

First legs this time were 7 days after the last game.

Year before that, season finished on 27th April and first legs of the play-offs were on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th. Second legs were both on Monday 6th.

Play-off first legs 5 days after end of season.

Year before that the season finished on the 5th May and the play-off first legs were on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th May. 2nd legs were Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th May.

Again 5 days after the end of the season.

Year before, end of season Saturday 7th May. Play-off first legs, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th. 2nd legs Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th.

First legs 7 days after the last game of the season.

Didn't realise what a quagmire it was and now wish I hadn't bleedin started!

Otis do you have the date for the final ( I know as a city fan this is a daft question and tempting fate) but Mrs tgp works weekends and I said that she will need to book some time off just in case.

Otis

My daughter has a show on in London on Sunday 15th, so hoping one of the legs wouldn't be then if it were the play-offs for us.

CCFC88

Doesnt give you much time to prepare for the first leg does it? Hopefully we will be garunteed 2nd by the last day of the season, failing that hopefully we will be secure in a play off place that we can afford to rest players (Joe cole) on the final day!

CCFC88

Also if we had a home leg first, how would the ticket office cope with selling 32,609 tickets in 3 days?

Otis

Yep, I know. Even in 5 days. Think we would struggle and it would be meltdown central.

covcity4life

Also if we had a home leg first, how would the ticket office cope with selling 32,609 tickets in 3 days?

no idea, but i can guarantee someone will post on here "i dunno how people are finding it hard to get tickets, i bought mine online like normal"

lol

Nick

Administrator
no idea, but i can guarantee someone will post on here "i dunno how people are finding it hard to get tickets, i bought mine online like normal"

lol

Along with the

"I chose to collect and got here at 2.57 and there was a massive queue".

covcity4life

Along with the

"I chose to collect and got here at 2.57 and there was a massive queue".

no doubt about it!

i wonder how they would sell tcikets. obv ST and half ST first. then what? straight to general sale? would be a slap for those that got match package tickets in bulk. the club pushed them so really should reward them imo.

Terry Gibson's perm

no doubt about it!

i wonder how they would sell tcikets. obv ST and half ST first. then what? straight to general sale? would be a slap for those that got match package tickets in bulk. the club pushed them so really should reward them imo.

If we have to do it then it should be ST,half ST and match package fans (all the same in my eyes as a st holder) all at the same time but the match package fans could only have spare seats and not st ones, really there should be plenty to go around as they will be full price and we are not filling the ground every week.

covcity4life

If we have to do it then it should be ST,half ST and match package fans (all the same in my eyes as a st holder) all at the same time but the match package fans could only have spare seats and not st ones, really there should be plenty to go around as they will be full price and we are not filling the ground every week.

i agree with first bit but i think we will sell out

it will be like chelsea game where we sold out with lots of non fans. sure playing gillingham for e.g wont be as big a anme but a playoff semi may be pull enough ,especially as it will prob count towards wembley tickets too i imagine?

speaking of wembley another reason i dont wanna be in playoffs instead of autos(like it even needs to be said) is that i would hate it if i didnt get tickets but some people i know did who never go cov games and support other teams etc. would be very annoying

chiefdave

In the past some sides have sold through the FA's ticketing system. That's not a brilliant system either but at least its designed to cope with a fair number of people and queues people rather than just falling over.

skybluelee

Naively didn't even consider play-off dates when booking our holiday to France. Such issues are not usually relevant. We get back the day before the final. Potential close shave.

wingy

Not certain on this but I think taking the membership option gives similar or same status as ST holder.

lifeskyblue

Naively didn't even consider play-off dates when booking our holiday to France. Such issues are not usually relevant. We get back the day before the final. Potential close shave.

Just keep fingers crossed there isn't a ferry strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I have already warned my missus that if we play a play-off leg on Sunday 15th, she's got to take our daughter to London.

She's hating me over that. I have a ticket for the show and travel booked, but I won't be missing the City. :)

If my daughter had a main part I would go, but this time she is just in the chorus, so I feel fully justified.

Moff

Nice one! I wasnt so clever, still abroad at the time of the final so would be gutted if we got there and i missed it, so hoping, and praying, for automatic promotion.

covboy1987

Don't want to tempt fate talking about it now, but I think it is wise to look at the scenario in terms of dates etc.

I know someone yesterday said they were away on holiday for the play-off final.

Season ends on the 8th May and the play-off final is on the 29th May.

My concern is when the play-off dates will be. My daughter is performing down London on Sunday 15th. Obvious concern is if that is one of the two play-off legs.

Anyone else got possible clashes? Or booked a holiday that they might well live to regret?

I would be devastated if we made it and I missed out.

A long way off yet, but arrangements for other stuff could well be being made now, as is in my case.

Don't think the automatic places are certain yet - next 5 games can change the whole picture - Burton have lost 3 out of the last 6 Walsall slipping up - wigan look strong but a little inconsistent - Cov could very well come in with a late run to nick an automatic spot

Otis

Don't disagree.

As a contingency though I think it would be prudent to make sure we are all available for the play-offs should it come to that.

H

Huckerby

Do they ever take into account ticket receipts or stubs? I haven't bought any kind of package but will have 7 or 8 ticket stubs by the end of the reason I reckon

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skybluelee

no doubt about it!

Members will get priority ahead of general sale. They better do.

Gaz71

45885940bf10b83ebf51bab9c9c5522b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread