Platt wants to win games (1 Viewer)

Astute

Platt has said that he wanted to go to Northampton to win games...

Is that saying something about what he thinks about our setup?

Some people also look too much into what is said sometimes. "I have come to Northampton as I want to lose games" would not go down too well. How many players than Fatwood don't want to be a part of a winning team?

Brighton Sky Blue

I've been moaning about inevitable relegation for almost a year now, I don't honestly see any reason to change my viewpoint for this season. When I screamed "Plymouth! Luton!" around this time last year, people thought "nah, we're too big a club for that kind of fate". I think a lot more people are worried about that now than they've ever been.

Will we be worse than: Crewe, Shrewsbury, Orient, Crawley, Carlisle, Bury and co?

smileycov

Facebook User
Completley disagree, we will have a squad and a team for next year. Even our kids and unwanted seniors will be too good for most of the shite that hangs around Div 1. I am not happy in all that is and is not happening at the moment, but i am very confident the season will start and we will be competing.

bulkoskyblue

i really do hope you a right smiley and wish i shared your optimism. i can jsut see the kids being too weak physically, getting bullied a bit, and if we are looking for senior pros like david bell, carl baker etc to lead us to promotion i fear the worst

at the minute with the embargo in place we are missing all the decent free agents. sisu wont give us a penny to spend so our best hope is probably loans.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't see us being a lot worse than any of those teams if I'm honest-though the best time to judge that is August and not now.

bulkoskyblue

yeah you are probably right, i just remember being at bury and getting beat 3-1 comfortably, our 11 then was stronger than it will be next season too!
hopefully we will have a few new faces in by august tho!

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is all down to squad depth, I would say our first 11 would have a good crack at getting promoted. However rarely a team gets to field there first 11 maybe less than 10 times a season. As soon as we have 2/3 players are injured/suspened we will be looking at academy players.

smileycov

Facebook User
Most of the discussions/rows on here are pointless to be fair. We have to just wait and see. May is not over yet, so i am sure a lot will change by pre-season. If i am honest the likes of cranie keogh are far to good to be in Div 1 so i think they will go and so be it. We cant slag sisu off until the embargo is lifted , beacuse that is the only time we can buy players, so that is when we truly find out if they will invest/spend or not. Until then it is a slow and painfull waiting game.!!

Completley disagree, we will have a squad and a team for next year. Even our kids and unwanted seniors will be too good for most of the shite that hangs around Div 1. I am not happy in all that is and is not happening at the moment, but i am very confident the season will start and we will be competing.

you been drinking?

we have the smallest team in a physical league.

competing with whom? you need to realise same was said 11 years ago when we were relegated. looked what happened since

Brighton Sky Blue

yeah you are probably right, i just remember being at bury and getting beat 3-1 comfortably, our 11 then was stronger than it will be next season too!
hopefully we will have a few new faces in by august tho!

Yeah I know what you mean bulko but our record in the League Cup's been absolutely terrible against all sorts of crap sides (I still have nightmares from Morecambe) and is more a reflection of how lightly we probably take the tournament and how the lower sides raise their game for the cup. Sides like Bury will no doubt relish coming to the Ricoh, but I *think* even in our current state we should be favourites-the squad is far too small, though.

Users who are viewing this thread