Platt wants to win games (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Platt has said that he wanted to go to Northampton to win games...

Is that saying something about what he thinks about our setup?

CJparker

Who knows.,...maybe he really justed liked Aidy, or perhaps he is southern-based to Northampton is closer to home.

I didn't like him at first but he grew on me over time. Having said that, it comes to something for CCFC when Clive Platt leaving on a free is seen as a blow!

CovFan

Maybe Platt wants to win 3 more matches than he did last season with one of our most underperforming managers ever?

Nick

Administrator
I think he is from Leicester way so not too much difference I don't think. He clearly gets on with Aidy as he brought him to us too.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe Platt wants to win 3 more matches than he did last season with one of our most underperforming managers ever?

To be fair, Boothroyd has been at Northampton for 27 games and won 8 and Thorn has been at city for 56 and won 12.

SkyBlue_Bear83

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ning-team-says-aidy-boothroyd-92746-31067908/

AIDY BOOTHROYD says Clive Platt opted to join Northampton Town and snub Coventry City's contract offer because he wanted to play in a winning team.
Last week, the veteran striker opted to move to Sixfields on a two-year contract and turn down the chance to stay at the Ricoh Arena for another year.
And Boothroyd - who signed Platt for the Sky Blues when he was the manager in 2010 - believes that winning games was the reason that Platt decided to sign for the Cobblers.
He told the Northampton Chronicle & Echo: "The first thing he said to me was that he wanted to be somewhere where he was playing in a winning team.

“His time at Coventry last season will have re-ignited his hunger to win things because they didn’t win a lot when he was there.”
He added: "He has spent a lot of time in the lower leagues but he made a big difference to us at Coventry and I think it is a coup to bring him here."

They were Boothroyds words not Platt, sounds like Boothroyd just having a little dig at the club because we sacked him maybe

It's Boothroyd making snide remarks which his record cannot justify. I'm sure Platt will enjoy the mentality of another 18 game winless run.

smileycov

Facebook User
I hope we play Northampton in the cup and ram those words back down his Hoofball throat! Prick!

Nonleagueherewecome

I think he is from Leicester way so not too much difference I don't think. He clearly gets on with Aidy as he brought him to us too.

I'm pretty sure he's a Brummie-obviously going on the accent, but also I think he came through the youth system at Walsall.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

We'll be facing League Two in 12 months.

I think we've kinda started facing it now..who says we aren't prepared, eh?!

Nonleagueherewecome

Majority on here seem to think we'll be in the play offs.

I've been moaning about inevitable relegation for almost a year now, I don't honestly see any reason to change my viewpoint for this season. When I screamed "Plymouth! Luton!" around this time last year, people thought "nah, we're too big a club for that kind of fate". I think a lot more people are worried about that now than they've ever been.

smileycov

Facebook User
Majority on here seem to think we'll be in the play offs.

Based on what??

always looking to divide on here of late....such a happy, united set of fans we have!

considering we are shipping players at an alarming rate, have an embargo so we can not (even if sisu let us) replace them. I doubt that quote very much.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I've been moaning about inevitable relegation for almost a year now, I don't honestly see any reason to change my viewpoint for this season. When I screamed "Plymouth! Luton!" around this time last year, people thought "nah, we're too big a club for that kind of fate". I think a lot more people are worried about that now than they've ever been.

There was a time when I thought your username was just showing your sense of irony.

Over the last 18 months, I've come to understand that it was a prediction.

Sky Blue Kid

Our fans who think we are play off contenders are too complacent by half!...We will be lucky to stay out of the relegation fight.:facepalm:

Marty

Based on what??

always looking to divide on here of late....such a happy, united set of fans we have!

considering we are shipping players at an alarming rate, have an embargo so we can not (even if sisu let us) replace them. I doubt that quote very much.

I went into this not long back. can't be bothered again. look through my posts if you like.

Marty

Been saying it for ages too. I seem to get shouted down by the eternal optimists, I try to tell it like it is but I don't think people like that.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and being a one trick pony will need the spade to clear up .......... good for the garden though :)

bluesky88

I'm sorry but if Clive (I can only play one game a week) Platt had got his finger out and scored a few more goals he may just of been playing in a winning team.
In the Championship he was way out of his league.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he was out of our league, we had players who couldn't cross so the way we played didn't fit his style. If we played with wide players whipping crosses in I would think he would score a few more.

Good luck to him!

bluesky88

If you do not have wingers who can cross the ball into him what is the point of playing him in the first place.
Ball control zero - passing ability zero -goal scoring zero - league two should suit him just fine and aidy boothroyd has found his level also

Nonleagueherewecome

If you do not have wingers who can cross the ball into him what is the point of playing him in the first place.
Ball control zero - passing ability zero -goal scoring zero - league two should suit him just fine and aidy boothroyd has found his level also

That said, I can remember 5 or 6 times when great balls were put into him and he didn't even move into the position that, say Juke would have been in to be able to connect. For a big guy, he was bloody dreadful at scoring goals with his head. How many did we get from corners last year? He had zero goalscoring instinct whatsoever. I'm upset that he's gone as he won't be replaced and we needed an older player around the dressing room, and his hold up play was superb and an asset. But he had plenty enough service last season to more than double his tally-Lukas isn't prolific, but he scored plenty with us last season, at a better S/R than he did at 'Boro.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Can we just stop talking about Clive Platt please, the guy has opted to play in Division 4 with a division 4 manager. Where he belongs. They finished 20th by the way. Talk about ambition from Clive Pratt.

Yorkshire SB

Can we just stop talking about Clive Platt please, the guy has opted to play in Division 4 with a division 4 manager. Where he belongs. They finished 20th by the way. Talk about ambition from Clive Pratt.

echo this, plus he's been offered a two year deal, whereas we'll have only offered him a one year deal (surely?), at 34 I can see him retiring after his two years at cobblers

Users who are viewing this thread