Plain or stripes? (1 Viewer)

Plain or stripes

• Plain sky blue

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Sky blue with stripes

Votes: 57 60.0%

• Total voters

skybluelee

Would go for something based on the 87 kit from this point forwards. I really like the sky blue with dark blue. Think it looks fantastic.

This season's kit has to be one of the worst ever. It is indeed very insipid.

Personally disliked that kit more than any we have ever had. Looked better with the white shorts that were the first choice ones but still horrible.

Astute

Haha. Did you look at the photo yet?

Certainly have. Only noticed one team at first. I then noticed there was two teams. One of the teams were playing in green and had blended in with the grass :p

WillieStanley

All my favourite kits have dark blue in them but its a mixture of stripes and plain. I think it's good that we mix it up, I can't think of another club that does it as often and as well as we do. I'd love us to go back to the Sky Blue and Dark Blue stripes.

I loved the one with the dark blue arms and pin stripes... second year in Champ, maybe?

Going against the grain... I love this seasons kit. The last two we've had have been the best since the Prem IMHO.

Otis

Each and every to their own, but to me this season's kit just looks pasty.

Sky blue and dark blue go beautifully together to my eyes.

Astute

Each and every to their own, but to me this season's kit just looks pasty.

Sky blue and dark blue go beautifully together to my eyes.

Cornish pasty?

What is the use of sky blue and dark blue when you can only see the dark blue?

Monkeyface

Plain blue for me, never been a fan of stripes, makes us look like Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, WBA, Brighton, Colchester and Bristol Rovers , I'm sure there are more. Just think the plain blue looks smarter, as long as its not this baby blue they keep confusing for Sky Blur!

skybluedaze

Stripes for me. My earliest memories were of City in stripes winning the cup at Wembley. Maybe if the club reverted back to stripes Cov's fortunes might change for the better. A long shot, but worth a try.

Otis

Plain blue for me, never been a fan of stripes, makes us look like Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, WBA, Brighton, Colchester and Bristol Rovers , I'm sure there are more. Just think the plain blue looks smarter, as long as its not this baby blue they keep confusing for Sky Blur!

But it'd be sky blue stripes, not dark blue stripes. Can't see how we would look like anyone else.

Even more so if it was sky blue and dark blue stripes.

Or go for a modernised version of one from way back when. I really like this one below.

coventry_city_1898-1904.gif

1898-1904

superskyblue

But it'd be sky blue stripes, not dark blue stripes. Can't see how we would look like anyone else.

Or go for a modernised version of one from way back when. I really like this one below.

View attachment 1283

1898-1904

Too Wycombe Wanderers for me, their kits never look great in my opinion

Astute

View attachment 1283

1898-1904

More chance of getting on a horse than playing football looking like that

Mucca Mad Boys

Plain I like, Stripes I like but hoops, no! Wouldnt suit us IMO. Just out of curiosity, have we ever had a hoops kit?

skybluesham

id go for thck rows left to right, two sky blue and the other one in the middle a bit darker, or like barcelonas white in middle, fading into sky blue

wingy

Maybe we could use some heat sensative material that gets darker the warmer a player gets ,you get mi= drift.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Bristol Rovers play in quartered blue and white i believe, as for the stripes yes please, am tired of the whole sky blue thing, just not purple and yellow for the away kit. How about the black away shirt i really liked that but trimmed with sky blue instead of gold.

Otis

Todays kit is far to pale, I much prefer the JH darker/bolder Sky Blue kit.
What song would we sing.....Mark Robins, Sky Blue and Royal Blue Striped Armyyyyy!.....Don't think so Otis!;)

But we have had stripes in 1983-1987, then 1989-1992, then 1996-1999, 2000-2001, 2003-2004, 2005-2007 and 2008-2009.

We were still singing Sky Blue army throughout that lot! 15 years of stripes there.

Can't say it's not in our history and one of our very first ever strips was sky blue and white stripes.

Moff

Stripes - so when I look across the stadium it doesnt look like an empty chair has possession of the ball.

wingy

The diachotomy here ,when we adopt Stripes ,thus improving our pass completion,rising swiftly up the leagues playing to full houses and De ja vu .:facepalm::p

Sky Blue Kid

@ Otis....

We wore Black and Red for a number of years too. In the days of "The Bantams" it was dark blue and white stripes.
If we were to revert back to the Sky Blue and Dark Blue Stripes I would feel as if we had(As I did then) lost our identity.
We are the "Sky Blues" meaning majority of Sky Blue, not a mish mash of colours mate.......My opinion, of course;)

Otis

Well yes, of course. just at least 15 years we played as the Sky Blues in sky blue with stripes. That's all I'm saying.

Don't recall anyone ever saying we had stopped being the Sky Blues when we had the stripes. I certainly didn't feel we'd lost any identity. I just thought we had a great kit for a change!

Otis

It matters because we can be shit in a nice kit rather than shit in a shit kit.

Users who are viewing this thread