Plain or stripes? (1 Viewer)

Plain or stripes

• Plain sky blue

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Sky blue with stripes

Votes: 57 60.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Following on from the favourite kit thread, it got me thinking whether or not fans preferred plain sky blue or sky blue with stripes (either dark blue or white as worn before).

So, simple question, if we the fans had our say would we go for plain or stripes?

Stripes for me. Think our best kits have been the ones with stripes, be that sky blue and white or sky blue with dark blue!

steveo1987

Following on from the favourite kit thread, it got me thinking whether or not fans preferred plain sky blue or sky blue with stripes (either dark blue or white as worn before).

So, simple question, if we the fans had our say would we go for plain or stripes?

Stripes for me. Think our best kits have been the ones with stripes, be that sky blue and white or sky blue with dark blue!

Plain sky blue everyday

Southerner79

Good thread! Never understood why we flip flop between them. Definitely stripes. And we should stick to it. Can't think of any other club to switch so frequently.

WestEndAgro

As much as I hate Celtic, and trust me I find the club repulsive I would quite like to see us in sky-blue and white hoops.

Otis

It would also help differentiate between Man City and ourselves.

Don't think anyone else has a sky blue striped kit do they? Be nice to have something unique for a change.

Just had a quick look at Man City's kit history and they have never really had stripes for the past 100 years.

Otis

Wonder if this became quite unanimous whether the club would listen or not to the fans?

DukeOfCov

Have always preferred the striped kits, they alwys look more impressive IMO

TheHellion

Totally agree.

Our finest moment was in stripes too.

But to balance that out, so was one of our worst. That said.....

Most of my favourite kits involve stripes. I loved the 2005/2006 kit. Also liked the 97/98 home kit, which was an improved version of the 96/97 kit. Always loved our FA cup kit.

Astute

I say keep it to sky blue. Nobody will notice our ground is full as we would blend in with the seats ;)

redsox

Facebook User
Stripes for me, though I like sky blue(go figure), certain shades can be very err wishy- washy, i.e current kit

I've always identified CCFC with the promotion strip of 66-67 or the Admiral strip in WestEndAgro's avatar. Maybe pin stripes similar to the New York Yankees perhaps. The Man Citeh strip has been classy the past few years.

Otis

No, I don't genuinely think changing the kit will improve the side. Where on earth have you conjured that one up from? Very vivid imagination you have there I have to say. Nowhere has anyone said such a thing. :facepalm:

This thread and the historical kit thread is simply about which kit looks best. Nothing else.

If you're cracking up I suggest you see a psychiatrist. :whistle:

Covstu

stripes, hoops anything but the same old boring plain top that we get every friggin year!!!

Astute

No, I don't genuinely think changing the kit will improve the side. Where on earth have you conjured that one up from? Very vivid imagination you have there I have to say. Nowhere has anyone said such a thing. :facepalm:

This thread and the historical kit thread is simply about which kit looks best. Nothing else.

If you're cracking up I suggest you see a psychiatrist. :whistle:

So lots of us have misread that we are shite as our players can't pick each other out as they blend in with the empty seats and our fans as we wear a wishy washy colour and it must be right as MR says so?

Otis

MR is talking about the seats being a problem not the kit.

This thread is just about which kit we like the best.

The two threads are in no way related. You have indeed misread. And who's the 'lots of us?' Just the two of you you mean?

Astute

Check out the other thread Otis. It is you and Cyril agreeing with each other. Or can you only count to two? ;)

kepit 2 yusen

As long as we stay Sky Blue (it is who we are), I don't care if there's white stripes or not. Man U and Liverpool and Arsensal have done some good imaginative things with red. Sure our lot could go the same.
As for darker blue - not for me !
I don't and never have liked the 87 cup year kit. Looks like a vintage faded Newcastle kit.

pusbccfc

I'd like us to have a striped home and Away shirt. Different colours obviously.

Otis

Can I just confirm this thread is only about whether we prefer the look of a plain kit or a striped one and nothing else.

Be a great shame if it was hijacked into something else.

ccfcdan

Plain for me, no stripes in any form.Id prefer just a plain skyblue shirt, white shorts and white socks. Does anyone know how long citylink have left on their sponsorship deal? I don't like there logo either!

Tank Top

I remember the club was in a crisis when Jimmy Hill arrived and re branded us as "The sky Blues" New KIt, New Song, and new momentum, that momentum stopped when Jimmy could not get the contract he wanted, and we now find ourselves back in a situation identical to the one before the arrival of jamesmesiahhill.com.
From a personal point of view, which I know will be unpalatable with some fans, I feel that its time for a rebranding, new imaging, and time to throw away the washed out, washed up, specticle that we have morphed into.
Firstly the KIt! Plain Sky Blue, is probably, the most incipid, bland and hard to pick out colour, on a dark and gloomy, Winters afternoon, Barring Man Utds infamous grey abomination some years back.
I think everyone without exception liked the Cup final KIt of blue and white stripes, it stood out, and served as a symbol of Success on that Wonderful day, and I think that we could do far worse that reintroduce the kit, Perhaps for a trial period, to see how it is recieved.
Sky Blue isn't doing it at all, lets be brave and try a change
before we run out of leagues to drop into.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Rebranding these days is a no go, for most its all about keeping history and tradition. Look what happened a few years ago when they tried to change the badge.

Otis

I remember the club was in a crisis when Jimmy Hill arrived and re branded us as "The sky Blues" New KIt, New Song, and new momentum, that momentum stopped when Jimmy could not get the contract he wanted, and we now find ourselves back in a situation identical to the one before the arrival of jamesmesiahhill.com.
From a personal point of view, which I know will be unpalatable with some fans, I feel that its time for a rebranding, new imaging, and time to throw away the washed out, washed up, specticle that we have morphed into.
Firstly the KIt! Plain Sky Blue, is probably, the most incipid, bland and hard to pick out colour, on a dark and gloomy, Winters afternoon, Barring Man Utds infamous grey abomination some years back.
I think everyone without exception liked the Cup final KIt of blue and white stripes, it stood out, and served as a symbol of Success on that Wonderful day, and I think that we could do far worse that reintroduce the kit, Perhaps for a trial period, to see how it is recieved.
Sky Blue isn't doing it at all, lets be brave and try a change
before we run out of leagues to drop into.

Would go for something based on the 87 kit from this point forwards. I really like the sky blue with dark blue. Think it looks fantastic.

This season's kit has to be one of the worst ever. It is indeed very insipid.

Sky Blue Kid

Todays kit is far to pale, I much prefer the JH darker/bolder Sky Blue kit.
What song would we sing.....Mark Robins, Sky Blue and Royal Blue Striped Armyyyyy!.....Don't think so Otis!;)

Astute

Can I just confirm this thread is only about whether we prefer the look of a plain kit or a striped one and nothing else.

Be a great shame if it was hijacked into something else.

But how can it be a fair question when Cyril and yourself can't see the kit? You should ask for a half price season ticket as you can only see one side ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Todays kit is far to pale, I much prefer the JH darker/bolder Sky Blue kit.
What song would we sing.....Mark Robins, Sky Blue and Royal Blue Striped Armyyyyy!.....Don't think so Otis!;)

Users who are viewing this thread