Plague on all houses for me (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

We were given the option by all accounts and we agreed the CWG could be played there. We are complicit no matter how much we hate wasps
Got any proof that we had a veto?

mark82

We were given the option by all accounts and we agreed the CWG could be played there. We are complicit no matter how much we hate wasps

I'm not sure that's true. CWG was agreed whilst we were away. If you read the CWG statement they agreed to make the ground available to us when we returned.

Grendel

£3.5m will pay the wages for 10 weeks or so between the end of last season and now (i estimate the wage bill annually is around £16m), what income is going to pay August's wage bill?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

apparently season ticket isn’t paid out until each game takes place so we have no income in august unless we play

SeaSeeEffCee

We need more communication from the club on whether they could have played away for the first few weeks of the season and chose not to, and how long they expect the pitch to take to sort out.

Grendel

We need more communication from the club on whether they could have played away for the first few weeks of the season and chose not to, and how long they expect the pitch to take to sort out.

it’s pretty essential the Wigan game is played

Esoterica

Why would they admit to that, especially if there’s an intention to use this to further distress Wasps?

chiefdave

Where has this come from, not seen it mentioned anywhere. Not sure Wasps would have pulled out of the CWG because we asked them to

Voice_of_Reason

I hope the EFL is sympathetic to the situation the club finds itself in as the EFL are responsible for arranging fixtures and must have been aware that rugby would be played just before the season started.

shmmeee

Unless you are only living in your house every other Saturday, then it's nothing like it. The CBS and the pitch belong to Wasps, it's their responsibility.

They chose to take the money for the Commonwealth games and the earlier gig, do you seriously believe that we had some sort of veto power here we could have exercised?

Not about vetos, but I do think Wasps had a responsibility to get the pitch in order, ideally by replacing it before the games. It’s their responsibility to make sure their various bookings don’t get in each other’s way.

chiefdave

Not about vetos, but I do think Wasps had a responsibility to get the pitch in order, ideally by replacing it before the games. It’s their responsibility to make sure their various bookings don’t get in each other’s way.
Looking at the ground staffs twitter feeds they had 19 days between the last concert and the CWG and they describe the pitch as not exactly in great condition, "prepare the old, tired surface for multiple events".

Clearly it needs to be relaid as was promised by Wasps have booked so many events on it over the summer there doesn't appear to have been any point at which that could be done.

The Killers was at the end of May wasn't it. If they'd have said they couldn't stage the Rammstein show, and that been moved elsewhere, that would have given enough time to lay a new pitch prior to the CWG I would have thought.

Liquid Gold

Looking at the ground staffs twitter feeds they had 19 days between the last concert and the CWG and they describe the pitch as not exactly in great condition, "prepare the old, tired surface for multiple events".

Clearly it needs to be relaid as was promised by Wasps have booked so many events on it over the summer there doesn't appear to have been any point at which that could be done.

The Killers was at the end of May wasn't it. If they'd have said they couldn't stage the Rammstein show, and that been moved elsewhere, that would have given enough time to lay a new pitch prior to the CWG I would have thought.
They’ve obviously over booked it out of desperation to bring in some cash.

I hope we’ve got some solid clauses in about this and it ends up costing them more than they bought in.

shmmeee

It’s got strong “we’re fucked cut expenses and raise income by any means” vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread