Plague on all houses for me (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Wasps, Sisu, CCFC, Commonwealth games organisers and EFL all deserve blame for this nonsense

We should have played games away till a week tomorrow

Can see a fine and a points deduction

Grendel

Wasps, Sisu, CCFC, Commonwealth games organisers and EFL all deserve blame for this nonsense

We should have played games away till a week tomorrow

Can see a fine and a points deduction

Strange Dave couldn’t visit the ground until yesterday and now needs urgent talks

Grendel

Doubt he could with the security in place at the stadium

Wasps are suggesting they were advised of this before - so i assume he went and looked before the exclusivity period started

Grendel

Unless we were advised to play our first 2/3 games away as alluded to in their statement, but either ourselves and/or the FL refused. Who knows?

I doubt the FL would refuse. Perhaps Dave had his phone switched off

Bugsy

"Promised investment by the Arena into a new pitch has unfortunately not materialised over the Summer, which has been compounded by concerts on the pitch and then a huge amount of use at the Commonwealth Games last weekend."

Bugsy

I doubt the FL would refuse. Perhaps Dave had his phone switched off

Your obsessions with dave are off the scale weird, what has he done to u so bad that u hate him so much

Grendel

Your obsessions with dave are off the scale weird, what has he done to u so bad that u hate him so much

seriously see the wood from the trees here - this is another game we are playing out

Bugsy

seriously see the wood from the trees here - this is another game we are playing out

Half of me agrees that something is untoward here, but it's hardly only just dave fault, wasps are to blame on this one for me

Grendel

Oh what a shock, it's all Dave Boddy's fault 🤣

What a shock Mr Binary can’t see the wood from the trees

As you are the self appointed war correspondent I’m sure “only obeying orders” is a well worn phrase you are familiar with

Boddy is the same as Fisher, Waggott et al. He does what he’s told and he takes his money and he will always put the club second

PVA

As you are the self appointed war correspondent I’m sure “only obeying orders” is a well worn phrase you are familiar with

Boddy is the same as Fisher, Waggott et al. He does what he’s told and he takes his money and he will always put the club second

Show me on the doll where Mr Boddy touched you

Perryccfc

Tbf he has done a shocking job to date.

SAJ

Sorry I’m not having that. We are not to blame here at all.
If the Wasps statement is correct the the club and the EFL are also the blame. It begs the question why didn’t we apply for all of August’s matches to be played away from home and if we did why did the EFL turn it down.

SeaSeeEffCee

If the Wasps statement is correct the the club and the EFL are also the blame. It begs the question why didn’t we apply for all of August’s matches to be played away from home and if we did why did the EFL turn it down.
SBB already answered this in another thread. We’re so skint that we can’t afford not to play at home every other week.

stupot07

SBB already answered this in another thread. We’re so skint that we can’t afford not to play at home every other week.
Yes, people seem to forget the importance of cash flow, playing potentially 4 games away in one go at the beginning of the season would be a big strain. Its not as easy as say, "no problem we'll play away"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Sorry I’m not having that. We are not to blame here at all.

It depends Ian. Did we agree to the 7s being played here ? Also, did we consider or even request playing the first couple away from home ?

I just can’t see how nobody saw the massive risk to have a home game so close to a rugby tournament being played on the pitch. Even if the game had gone ahead, it might’ve been considered safe but it would still have been mess especially as we’re a footballing team

If we didn’t have any say in the 7s being played here and were told we couldn’t move fixtures, I’m with you. If Wasps haven’t delivered on promises or breached terms under our lease, that’s also a different matter and obviously not our fault

I just think it’s weird that nobody at the club saw this potentially coming

Ian1779

It depends Ian. Did we agree to the 7s being played here ? Also, did we consider or even request playing the first couple away from home ?

I just can’t see how nobody saw the massive risk to have a home game so close to a rugby tournament being played on the pitch. Even if the game had gone ahead, it might’ve been considered safe but it would still have been mess especially as we’re a footballing team

If we didn’t have any say in the 7s being played here and were told we couldn’t move fixtures, I’m with you. If Wasps haven’t delivered on promises or breached terms under our lease, that’s also a different matter and obviously not our fault

I just think it’s weird that nobody at the club saw this potentially coming
I can’t see how we’d have had any say in the 7’s thing. Wasps will have taken the money to loan out the stadium to the CG - we won’t have had a penny.

CCFCSteve

Yes, people seem to forget the importance of cash flow, playing potentially 4 games away in one go at the beginning of the season would be a big strain. Its not as easy as say, "no problem we'll play away"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The could've/should’ve been factored into the deal between Wasps and Games organisers

CCFCSteve

I can’t see how we’d have had any say in the 7’s thing. Wasps will have taken the money to loan out the stadium to the CG - we won’t have had a penny.

You might well be right. Depends what our lease says and when this was all agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread