Pitch Invader at Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

torchomatic

I know you're trying to belittle what he did with your amusing "piece of grass" quip, but it's illegal. You're not supposed to do it. There's not one fan in the country who thinks it's OK to run on the pitch. Well, apart from you and a few others on here.

Of course but we know what law he's breaking the one of you may not run onto a piece of grass and postpone a kick about for 2 minutes.

Noggin

I know you're trying to belittle what he did with your amusing "piece of grass" quip, but it's illegal. You're not supposed to do it. There's not one fan in the country who thinks it's OK to run on the pitch. Well, apart from you and a few others on here.

I've made my feelings on the matter quite clear in this thread and they don't even in the slightest resemble ' I think it's ok to run onto the pitch' but lets be clear the law he broke absolutely is as I described it, it's an exceptionally minor crime as long as you don't follow it up with any other crimes. I've said he should of expected and deserved a ban. But don't let the facts get in the way of you trying to mislead as usual.

While in the majority of cases it's a worse crime than parking on double yellow lines there are literally thousands of examples of where parking on double yellow lines is a more serious crime (not in terms of the law perhaps but in terms of harm/potential harm.

You said I guess it's all according to what law you are breaking, as to weather taking the footclub away is worse or not, so I put the seriousness of his crime in context (which is not in the slightest bit serious)

skybluetom

Rules are rules and you can't run onto the field of play. We all want Cov back, we don't all run onto the field every game though do we.

torchomatic

As you said it's a "crime", regardless of how minor you believe it to be. He shouldn't have done and he knows he shouldn't have done it. If he hadn't have had a SISU OUT t-shirt on then this thread wouldn't even exist.

I've made my feelings on the matter quite clear in this thread and they don't even in the slightest resemble ' I think it's ok to run onto the pitch' but lets be clear the law he broke absolutely is as I described it, it's an exceptionally minor crime as long as you don't follow it up with any other crimes. I've said he should of expected and deserved a ban. But don't let the facts get in the way of you trying to mislead as usual.

While in the majority of cases it's a worse crime than parking on double yellow lines there are literally thousands of examples of where parking on double yellow lines is a more serious crime (not in terms of the law perhaps but in terms of harm/potential harm.

You said I guess it's all according to what law you are breaking, as to weather taking the footclub away is worse or not, so I put the seriousness of his crime in context (which is not in the slightest bit serious)

Nick

Administrator
If it had been a 19 year old beered up chav from the opposition fans who stopped the game when we were on the attack then people would be talking a lot differently.

valiant15

But it wasn't was it. It was one of our own who probably just got carried away.

Why don't we just tar and feather him in broadgate?

Noggin

As you said it's a "crime", regardless of how minor you believe it to be. He shouldn't have done and he knows he shouldn't have done it. If he hadn't have had a SISU OUT t-shirt on then this thread wouldn't even exist.

It is a crime, he shouldn't have done it and he should be punished, everyone has agreed on that, including me, multiple times in this thread so I'm not sure why you insist on repeating it.

However do you know who enforces the law? it's not sisu, it's the police and the courts and they should be the ones that determine the severity of the punishment. The punishment he has received from sisu isn't reasonable and its so serious that it's what the courts decide will be irrelevant, that's why there is a thread.

His was a minor breaking of this specific law with no malice and no violence and was a protest against unacceptable behaviour, this will be taken into account by the courts and he will be judged and punished fairly as he should be.

I booed him by the way, his protest was unhelpful, ineffective and disrupted the game, reducing sympathy from the arsenal fans, so if you are thinking im bias im not, im looking at this objectively, you don't seem be. I do respect the fact he stood up for a personally sacrificed for what he believes in though even if I do think it was stupid and pointless.

Noggin

If it had been a 19 year old beered up chav from the opposition fans who stopped the game when we were on the attack then people would be talking a lot differently.

I wouldn't this beered up chav should be judged and punished by the courts too, his punishment should be slightly more serious though.

Grendel

I wouldn't this beered up chav should be judged and punished by the courts too, his punishment should be slightly more serious though.

Unless he had a sisu out shirt on

Noggin

Unless he had a sisu out shirt on

having a sisu out shirt on would mitigate some of the slightly more serious bit yes because then hes doing it for a valid reason not because he was being an ass. Doing it as a valid protest is absolutely an extenuating circumstance that will be taken into account by the courts, it won't and shouldn't prevent a punishment but should and will be used when determining the severity of that punishment.

but of course you like nick and torch believe that we are defending him because he is against sisu, that just shows how all of you are completely unable to be objective, all prefer to read what they want to read instead of whats actually in front of you because we arn't defending him.

Moff

Did the guy who ran on in the JPT semi against Crewe last year and got a kick from Cyrus get this much coverage?
He wasnt wearing a SISU out T-shirt and I believe pissed a lot of people off by disrupting the game when we were trying to get back in to it.

Also what was his punishment? Things can differ both fans and clubs perspectives on things, leading to pages of new stuff to argue about.

RoboCCFC90

It is a crime, he shouldn't have done it and he should be punished, everyone has agreed on that, including me, multiple times in this thread so I'm not sure why you insist on repeating it.

However do you know who enforces the law? it's not sisu, it's the police and the courts and they should be the ones that determine the severity of the punishment. The punishment he has received from sisu isn't reasonable and its so serious that it's what the courts decide will be irrelevant, that's why there is a thread.

His was a minor breaking of this specific law with no malice and no violence and was a protest against unacceptable behaviour, this will be taken into account by the courts and he will be judged and punished fairly as he should be.

I booed him by the way, his protest was unhelpful, ineffective and disrupted the game, reducing sympathy from the arsenal fans, so if you are thinking im bias im not, im looking at this objectively, you don't seem be. I do respect the fact he stood up for a personally sacrificed for what he believes in though even if I do think it was stupid and pointless.

We have had 3 of these incident's in one year, the Club need to show they're doing something to put an end to to it, the Court ban isn't obviously enough to stop people from thinking it's big and clever, the club are in there right to do this and have.

valiant15

We have had 3 of these incident's in one year, the Club need to show they're doing something to put an end to to it, the Court ban isn't obviously enough to stop people from thinking it's big and clever, the club are in there right to do this and have.

Did you realise the hornets nest you'd stir up by starting this thread lol.

RoboCCFC90

Did you realise the hornets nest you'd stir up by starting this thread lol.

I did about five minutes ago when I logged on to see that people were still arguing about it lol

Noggin

Now what could the club do to put an end to it? oh I know, MOVE BACK TO COVENTRY!!!

Noggin

Did the guy who ran on in the JPT semi against Crewe last year and got a kick from Cyrus get this much coverage?
He wasnt wearing a SISU out T-shirt and I believe pissed a lot of people off by disrupting the game when we were trying to get back in to it.

Also what was his punishment? Things can differ both fans and clubs perspectives on things, leading to pages of new stuff to argue about.

Yes he got Cyrus booked and not only was he not wearing a sisu out shirt he wasn't wearing a shirt at all. What this guys punishment was should put an end to any question on weather sisu are being spiteful. If this guys ban was the same then they presumably aren't, if this guys punishment (for a slightly more serious and less understandable crime) was less serious then it suggests they are. Unfortunately I looked through a few pages of google and can't find anything, just him apologising, the telegraph mentioned the expected ban would be 3 years but I can't see any mention of the actual punishment.

RoboCCFC90

Now what could the club do to put an end to it? oh I know, MOVE BACK TO COVENTRY!!!

People were running on the pitch before then like the night in the JPT as an example.

I was thinking we could have snipers on tops of stadiums shooting people automatically..

RoboCCFC90

I bet!

Good to meet you on Tuesday by the way. We got soaked walking back to the travelodge.

Likewise fella!

I suggest everyone do the same at some point and meet many of the posters they interract with daily. It was a nightmare, I got absolutely drenched waiting for my train home, just to make it worse the damn thing was late by 45 minutes :(

valiant15

Likewise fella!

I suggest everyone do the same at some point and meet many of the posters they interract with daily. It was a nightmare, I got absolutely drenched waiting for my train home, just to make it worse the damn thing was late by 45 minutes :(

That's nothing,the wife drove home the next day, shes only got a little panda but tries to keep up with the big boys in the outside lane!!

Yes it's nice meeting people off here, im not sure if torchy would be so keen to meet me lol.

RoboCCFC90

yes but it happens infrequently enough that clubs don't need to show they are on top of the problem and the courts punishment is deterrent enough.

Well whether you like it or not on this occasion the Club did.

RoboCCFC90

That's nothing,the wife drove home the next day, shes only got a little panda but tries to keep up with the big boys in the outside lane!!

Yes it's nice meeting people off here, im not sure if torchy would be so keen to meet me lol.

LOL!

I am sure most including Torch would be willing to give it a go :)

Nick

Administrator

To be fair, I think 99% of it is just difference of opinion and I would like to think most would happily have a beer with one another. After all in the Champion League Final 2020 we will all be on the same side when the mighty CCFC beat Barca.

valiant15

To be fair, I think 99% of it is just difference of opinion and I would like to think most would happily have a beer with one another. After all in the Champion League Final 2020 we will all be on the same side when the mighty CCFC beat Barca.

I agree 100%.

A lot of it on here is just frustration and a difference of opinion. We all share the same passion.

I'd by torchy a beer but he doesn't drink!

L

limoncello

but of course you like nick and torch believe that we are defending him because he is against sisu, that just shows how all of you are completely unable to be objective, all prefer to read what they want to read instead of whats actually in front of you because we arn't defending him.

Here's the weird thing; I actually think I'm objective and from my position you don't appear to be very objective. If you can prove that you're more objective than me I'll let Kant and Hegel know.

chiefdave

If the argument is that he should be banned as its illegal doesn't it then follow that it should be left to the appropriate authorities, the courts, to deal with and decide on punishment? Where do you stop, it's illegal to smoke at most, if not all, grounds. Do with give everyone caught having a crafty fag an indefinite ban. It's illegal to drink in view of the pitch, do we give indefinite bans to all the old boys having a crafty sip from a hip flask at half time?

torchomatic

magic82ball

It never ceases to amaze me that whatever the topic, whatever the circumstances, the same people always polarize opinion.

there is a big difference between a protest and a nob head looking to cause disruption. This guy is obviously the former and wearing a t shirt emblazoned with"sisu out" which is a cause close to my heart, i sympathise with him - got no problem with anyone taking non violent militant action to help the cause.

Grendel

It never ceases to amaze me that whatever the topic, whatever the circumstances, the same people always polarize opinion.

there is a big difference between a protest and a nob head looking to cause disruption. This guy is obviously the former and wearing a t shirt emblazoned with"sisu out" which is a cause close to my heart, i sympathise with him - got no problem with anyone taking non violent militant action to help the cause.

How did it help the cause?

If the national media had captured the moment the stereotype image of a football thug would do the "cause" no good at all. Seriously, listen to yourself.

RoboCCFC90

If the argument is that he should be banned as its illegal doesn't it then follow that it should be left to the appropriate authorities, the courts, to deal with and decide on punishment? Where do you stop, it's illegal to smoke at most, if not all, grounds. Do with give everyone caught having a crafty fag an indefinite ban. It's illegal to drink in view of the pitch, do we give indefinite bans to all the old boys having a crafty sip from a hip flask at half time?

The club have taken action because obviously they feel that the court hasn't given a ban sufficient enough to put people off doing it, Alan Howe knew what he was doing, why he expected less I don't know.

Moff

Whether protest or not a protest, he went on the pitch and it caused disruption, so you run the risk of punishment. SISU are hardly the fans friend so what did he expect a Thank You Card and a crate of beer?

If someone were to protest as you put it rather than disrupt at an England game, do you think he would be applauded in the same way?

I totally disagree with the indefinite ban, and would let the Courts sort it out instead, but the way people are talking about the bloke as if he's just a cheeky little diamond as the cocknies would say is also way off the mark

chiefdave

The club have taken action because obviously they feel that the court hasn't given a ban sufficient enough to put people off doing it.

But where do you draw the line? If we're not going to accept sentences given by court for illegal activity shouldn't we apply that to everything?

My point is people are saying he deserves the ban as it's illegal. So if it's an illegal act leave it to the courts to decide the punishment.

magic82ball

How did it help the cause?
If the national media had captured the moment the stereotype image of a football thug would do the "cause" no good at all. Seriously, listen to yourself.

in isolation you are of course right, it does nothing to help. I sympathise with his frustration and feeling of being poweless towards the situation and salute him taking a stand, it was just ill judged on his part to do it when he did. However i believe if more supporters had the bollocks to follow suit, en mass, at "home games" it might get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread