Pitch Invader at Arsenal (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboCCFC90

The lad who invaded the pitch at Arsenal has been given an indefinate ban from attending games by the Club, according to CT.

Ashdown1

Thing is, how do they enforce it at away games and I doubt very much he wants to attend Sixfields anyway, Fuck 'em, SISU aren't my club !

SkyBlue_Bear83

“The strongest sanction the club can bring is a ban on attending home games and that is what we have done in this case, for an indefinite timescale."

Bet he is gutted

runner

Might be a stupid question, but how do they enforce it at all ... ok you yourself can't book the tickets, but if someone buys him a ticket and he turns up ... not all the stewards are going to have pictures of him to look at like a line up in the police station are they ?

ecky

The lad who invaded the pitch at Arsenal has been given an indefinate ban from attending games by the Club, according to CT.

Who's banned him? The club or the FA?
Seems a bit harsh that the guy got carried away and was no doubt frustrated by the state out club is in.
Silent protest in my opinion..

It was his message that got him banned

Last edited:

bradwellskyblues

will this shower who run our club ever learn,sadly i suspect not aLL THE DO IS CREATE MORE RESENTMENT,maybe they are past the point of caring

pusbccfc

The club are a disgrace.

RoboCCFC90

Who's banned him? The club or the FA?
Seems a bit harsh that the guy got carried away and was no doubt frustrated by the state out club is in.
Silent protest in my opinion..

It was his message that got him banned

Well entering the field of play is a Footbal Banning Order technically, the Club have acted, whether that'll be it I am not quite sure, but CCFC must know he doesn't attend Sixfields so in a sense it makes no odds.

With regards to everyone asking about enforcing the issue at Away Games it's a good question, as runner stated it's not likely that every ground they're going to have the lads face shot, strange.

Moff

“The strongest sanction the club can bring is a ban on attending home games and that is what we have done in this case, for an indefinite timescale."

Isn't that what they tried to enforce on the fans by moving us to Sixfields

RoboCCFC90

Unfortunately those who are cursing the Club are in the wrong, it is a Football Banning order running on to a field of play from the supporters area, nothing that the Club can do about it, if it goes no further it actually may work out alright.

RoboCCFC90

yes i agree but let the courts deal with it if ccfc had any sense they would keep out of it and let courts deal with it

Bradwell you're completely misunderstanding, if the Courts deal with it they ban him for x amount of years all games, the Club ban him from going to home matches (which he probably doesn't attend anyhow) and you hope that's as far as it goes.

In truth if he doesn't attend Sixfields he won't be missing out on anything.

Edit: So the Club have banned him from home fixtures and refuse to sell him away tickets, was facing the prospect of a banning order for a lifetime from the courts.

Last edited:

Sub

so if the club ban him while at sixfields will he be ok when they build the new stadium to go to that as it is different 'home ground' to when he was given the ban ?

RoboCCFC90

For instance this season the lads who invaded the pitch at Crawley were given similar punishments, the lad who invaded the Ricoh pitch in the JPT tie last year got 3 years, the wolves fan who ran on the pitch against City got an indefinate banning order similar Alan Howe from Wolves.

Mr Howe said “It might have had something to do with my shirt. Was it Coventry City or Sisu that banned me? It probably was Sisu. - No offence Alan but I am not sure one polo shirt is going to matter to Sisu.

“But if they’re going to ban me for protesting against the owners, they might as well ban 8,000 or 9,000 other people because they all feel the same. - Well no 8,000/9,000 others didn't run on the pitch which is a criminal offence.

“I am just shocked that they have done this to me, I know I have done something wrong, but I didn’t give my club a bad name.

“I have been treated like a hooligan, but I’m not a hooligan, I’m a person who stands up for what they believe in; and I believe in getting Coventry City back to Coventry.” - We all stand up for what we believe in, but each has their own way of protesting, your way is illegal.

Mr Howe plans to appeal against the ban. - There will be no grounds for appeal.

I have made this sound really harsh and like I have no soul, but I am a realist who deals with the facts, fact is what Alan did was a criminal offence and it is likely he will get a lifetime banning order, the Club taking action is obviously not just Sisu as other Clubs are doing it as well as with my Wolves example.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

i understand what you say but the point i am making is the club makes itself look harsh at a time when it can ill afford to,

They're not the only Club to do so though Bradwell.

RoboCCFC90

so if the club ban him while at sixfields will he be ok when they build the new stadium to go to that as it is different 'home ground' to when he was given the ban ?

That will be a downside whether it's Lego land or the Ricoh unfrotunately, but it's the law.

Nick

Administrator
So they are just doing what most clubs done? He shouldn't have run on the pitch if he didn't want a ban.

This isn't me sticking up for anybody, but on what grounds shouldn't he have got a ban?

RoboCCFC90

So they are just doing what most clubs done? He shouldn't have run on the pitch if he didn't want a ban.

Agreed, the fact that he has come out it must of been Sisu means he has no clue as Wolves did the same to one of their own fans earlier in the season.

Grendel

This isn't me sticking up for anybody, but on what grounds shouldn't he have got a ban?

There is no defence.

He invades the pitch and the penalty is a lengthy ban he should just admit its correct and stop bleating.

Grendel

i think you will find they ARE NOT in coventry thats the issue !

Er, no - invading the pitch incurs a ban - there is no excuse for it.

_brian_

He didn't invade the pitch, everyone in the front row just took a step back!!! LOLLING my a$$* off! I'd use this as my defence if I were him!!! LOL!!!

(*Please replace the $ with an s. Didn't want to offend anyone with my profanity!)

Sub

if he had been wearing a ACL/CCC out shirt do you think the club would of banned him for so long ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread