Photography thread (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Try Wales, I got this map googling Waterfalls Wales.
upload_2019-3-13_9-47-46.png

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Now, that's a plan! Might just start looking at a few when the weather improves. Cheers for that Capt.!

Gazolba

Try Wales, I got this map googling Waterfalls Wales.
View attachment 11728
Pistyll Rhaedr in Wales is spectacular.
It's also near a quaint Welsh village (Llanrhaedr-ym-Mochnant) where you will hear people speaking Welsh.
I've been there a couple of times. I even have photos of it stashed away somehere.

Houchens Head

Pistyll Rhaedr in Wales is spectacular.
It's also near a quaint Welsh village (Llanrhaedr-ym-Mochnant) where you will hear people speaking Welsh.
I've been there a couple of times. I even have photos of it stashed away somehere.
Just had a look at their webpage. Me and the missus have decided to make a day of it in the summer.

Gazolba

Just had a look at their webpage. Me and the missus have decided to make a day of it in the summer.
Let us know how you like it and post a photo. Looks like it's changed quite a bit since I was there. There was no cafe or paid parking that I remember. In any case we didn't drive, we walked there. There used to be one or two B&B's in the village. Also a pub/inn called the Wynnstay Arms. Don't know if they are still there.

Houchens Head

Let us know how you like it and post a photo. Looks like it's changed quite a bit since I was there. There was no cafe or paid parking that I remember. In any case we didn't drive, we walked there. There used to be one or two B&B's in the village. Also a pub/inn called the Wynnstay Arms. Don't know if they are still there.
With my dodgy knees and other health issues, I doubt that we'll be walking there! No plans just but it's now on our "places to visit" list for this year.

Gazolba

Couple of birds I shot recently.
These are both regular visitors to my garden.
Difficult to photograph. Photographed zoomed all the way out to 500mm through a glass window.
Then I had to crop to just a small portion of the image, so the results are not great.
First is a white-crowned sparrow. Just like a normal sparrow except they have black and white stripes on their heads.
Second is an Abert's Towhee; they are only found in the most south-western tip of the US.
DSCF4417-White-Crowned-Sparrow.jpg DSCF4401-Aberts-Towhee.jpg

Paul Anthony

Taken on a recent visit to Kenilworth, maybe two weeks ago. Thought it made for a very interesting scene, looked very pretty too. Went back there Saturday just gone, and they were nowhere to be seen!

Attachments

• 20190222_133445.jpg
    20190222_133445.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20

Houchens Head

Taken on a recent visit to Kenilworth, maybe two weeks ago. Thought it made for a very interesting scene, looked very pretty too. Went back there Saturday just gone, and they were nowhere to be seen!
I don't think they last more than a few days to a couple of weeks Paul. Lovely colours though. As I've said before, I'm a sucker for pictures of flowers! I have about 200 or so. Not even sure what they all are either! I just love nature.

Houchens Head

That's what holidays are about though NW. Well, my sort of holidays are, anyway!

Gazolba

Holiday in Somerset a couple of years back. No idea who the people are, but I liked the way they were looking out to sea.

View attachment 11847
Fantasic picture! Love the way the three people are transfixed by the view, which is so serene.
A clear sky like that is so rare in Britain.

Captain Dart

Flowers on a tree
upload_2019-4-3_14-56-4.png

Houchens Head

Took me a while to identify what this lovely plant was in our local park, but then I did a "reverse image search" on Google. It's a Crown Imperial...….
IMG_7155.JPG

Houchens Head

Also this was in the same flower bed. Lovely begonia...…….
IMG_7154.JPG

Houchens Head

Spring Crocus. Unfortunately, they don't last that long. Lovely colours. They come in lavender, orange, pink, purple, white, and gold.

richnrg

Also this was in the same flower bed. Lovely begonia...…….
View attachment 11888
looks more like a Chaenomeles to me.

e.g.
32599837034_5a333a10b1_z_600x@2x.jpg

Captain Dart

Pool reflections.
upload_2019-4-4_12-19-17.png
Canalside reflections.
upload_2019-4-4_12-21-40.png

Gazolba

Took me a while to identify what this lovely plant was in our local park, but then I did a "reverse image search" on Google. It's a Crown Imperial...….
View attachment 11887
The natural world is amazing. The colours and shapes and the permutations are almost infinite.
I've been a lover of flowers since I was about 5 years old and saved up my pocket money to buy a little book entitled "The Observers Book of Wild Flowers".

Houchens Head

The natural world is amazing. The colours and shapes and the permutations are almost infinite.
I've been a lover of flowers since I was about 5 years old and saved up my pocket money to buy a little book entitled "The Observers Book of Wild Flowers".
Same here. Although I didn't have the Observers Book Of Wild Flowers. I am passionate of all things in nature; animals, insects and plant life. I love it. Can't get enough of it.

Gazolba

This is a Gila Woodpecker on one of the palm trees in my back garden.
It was really high up and they tend to hide behind the tree if they see you.
They have a bright red patch on the top of their heads, which unfortunately you can't see it in these shots.
All taken fully zoomed out to 500mm.
DSCF4457-Woodpecker-1.jpg DSCF4514-Woodpecker-2.jpg

Gazolba

Birds on my bird feeder.
This is a House Finch.
The males are very pretty and reddish coloured.
Both taken through a glass window zoomed out to 500mm.
DSCF4466-House-Finch-1.jpg
DSCF4489-House-Finch-2.jpg

Last edited:

Gazolba

Abert's Towhee at my bird feeder.
This shot is the best of many I took since it shows its face really well.
Taken through a glass window at 500mm zoom.
DSCF4500-Aberts-Towhee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread