Phone signals (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Anyone else on 02 network and have next to no signal at the CBS??

annoyingly started 2 year deal in Jan so think I’m stuck with it- can hardly even sent a iMessage or text during a match.
yep, and I can only get the wifi to work if I'm outside the ground or in the concourse, as soon as I get into the stand nothing

O2 is complete shit for anywhere with more than a handful of people. Zero signal at the CBS, SkyDome or even the o2 branded venues

Been like that for years so don't hold your breathe for it changing, only keep it for o2 priority tickets

speedie87

Perhaps if everyone on o2 starts complaining to them they might stick a decent phone mast up at the stadium.

no_loyalty

Anyone else on 02 network and have next to no signal at the CBS??

annoyingly started 2 year deal in Jan so think I’m stuck with it- can hardly even sent a iMessage or text during a match.
Yes, it’s ok in the concourse but as soon as I’m in my seat then nothing. It was even worse at Wembley, sent WhatsApp messages at about 12pm and none were sent.

wingy

I always thought they used another network when their own is unavailable.
Thought it was blocked generally in the stadium?

Ccfcsj

That's one of the reasons I left O2

I'm on Voxi using the Vodafone network and it works well in and around the ground

SkyBlueSoul

What makes it worse is bloke next to me sat there watching videos etc…….i just wanna send a message or check ht scores!
Had it at Wolves where I had nothing, not even 3G, while the bloke in front got ITV playing to watch the Simms VAR decision

skybluetony176

I changed to O2 from EE last year as a cost saving exercise. Already feels like a false economy O2 coverage is so shit. I think it’s a case of you get what you pay for. I sometimes have to work in places that I wouldn’t necessarily consider remote and basically have no service. Never had an issue with EE when it came to coverage regardless of how remote I was.

shmmeee

I thought the whole point of 5g was it could support places like stadia, but aside from spells during the game I get nothing in the bowl at the arena on EE.

andy86

I'm on O2 and get no signal anywhere near the stadium. Walking home i won't regain signal until i pass the Cherry Tree.

Hasn't always been the case though, I used to get a full signal up there. Seemed to change when Fraser's took over.

stay_up_skyblues

Vodafone signal is almost non-existent in the stands too, certainly at half time. I always just assumed it was so many people at once eating up the 4/5G.

rob9872

Was agreeing with all of this thread as also O2 and then for the first time ever tonight it was fine! Even got WiFi in the stands!

napolimp

Vodafone signal is almost non-existent in the stands too, certainly at half time. I always just assumed it was so many people at once eating up the 4/5G.

Same on Vodafone, can barely load Google once it's within 15 minutes of kick-off, and then won't have decent 4g again until away from the ground.

MrBlueFace

If you want to play on your phone, stay at home. I actually like being able to escape the thing for a couple of hours while I'm watching football.

cowboy1850

It might be something to do with the area.

I used to live just off the Longford Rd and I remember I had loads of problems with never getting a signal. I ended up leaving after 1 year but I remember somebody telling me phone signal issues was a problem in that area. That was 2015 though.

?

San Francisco

Went yesterday and my mate sat next to me had good connection all match. Said he was with 3 if that helps anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread