Phillips: new contract or not? (1 Viewer)

ptr

Despite what some say he's been decent since coming back into the side. Kept it simple and got forward as much a possible, just needs to be given the ball more. And for people saying Reid had him yesterday it was Vincelot who struggled most with Reids pace. Phillips is another player who as well he plays, will always be criticised by people on here. seriously he can't be on much and what better could we do with those wages?

I do agree he goes backwards with the ball but that is just about retaining possession which for those that done know, that's what you do when you grind out 1-0 Victories in a tough old league one. Keep the ball don't mess around with it.

Despite a high amount of games this season he's probably our 3rd, 4th choice right back but for me he's proved better than lorentzon who's a lot slower and just as small, Willis who's a centre back and Ricketts who is Ricketts. This can't be doing the lad any good psychologically but honestly think he's worth a go.

And for people saying Phillips is slow, behave. I have my favourites in the squad and have people I don't rate but will always give whoever starts on the day a clean slate and a chance to prove themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread