Petition (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

His posts seem very similar to Jon Gaunts! What reason do they have for calling him a thug? I thought all protests were peaceful? Have I missed something or is it just libellous mud-slinging?

I thought the same word for word. My feeling now it is Gaunty opposed to Mutton and F all to do with SISU and the Stadium.

I imagine it was initially part of his campaign to become Mayor

Grendel

First time I've ever heard kduffy described as a voice of reason (just kidding).
If they do get a percentage of the stadium I would love to be proved wrong. However, what with the recent ARVO debenture, we can clearly see they have liquidation in their thoughts. I don't think people realise what a mistake that would be.

I am always the voice of reason (!). I am certainly not in favour but the tone of this mornings interview suggests to me it seems likely to happen. There was then an interview with some football business expert who suggested sisu may have investors behind the scene to work in partnership with them. Let's hope do as if they are funding through mortgages and loans we will be worse off.

mark82

I am always the voice of reason (!). I am certainly not in favour but the tone of this mornings interview suggests to me it seems likely to happen. There was then an interview with some football business expert who suggested sisu may have investors behind the scene to work in partnership with them. Let's hope do as if they are funding through mortgages and loans we will be worse off.

I just cannot see anyone wanting to invest on SISU's terms.

I just hate seeing our club in this mess.

dongonzalos

Yes SISU are trying to get other investors investors in to raise the money to do it.

Which begs the question if you believe they can get other investors in to buy half the stadium and develop a hotel to improve conferences.

Why do you not believe that it would only take the tooth fairy to come in and do it if SISU were gone?

dongonzalos

Also Duffy do you notice the profits bit. They could be sustainable with a suscessfull football team or not.

However I agree it is much better for them to have a sucessfull team which wont happen under SISU

Cllr. Kevin Maton ‏@Cllr_KevinMaton Spot on letter from John Mutton in @Covtelegraph today about Arena. Should be required reading for all esp Jon Gaunt
Retweeted by Coventry Telegraph

Looks like the telegraph do not agree with Gaunty they have retweeted this

italiahorse

Which posts have not been constructive?

The ones that want SISU out regardless of the consequences.
The ones that oppose SISU plans yet offer no other plan other than liquidation or Administration.
The ones that woud see us start again on Hearshall Common.
The ones that oppose SISU plans even though they don't know what they are.
The ones that speculate without any substance.

Wait for SISU plans and then make your judgement.

coundonskyblue

We've been waiting for that for 5 years thats the problem!

They don't have a plan and never have!

I heard a story off someone I know at the Council the other day. A month or so after Sisu took over he met with Ray Ranson and asked him what the business plan was. Ray's reply was 'to get into the premier league'. Now that isn't a plan, its an ambition. They just thought they could fluke a promotion.

mark82

The ones that want SISU out regardless of the consequences.
The ones that oppose SISU plans yet offer no other plan other than liquidation or Administration.
The ones that woud see us start again on Hearshall Common.
The ones that oppose SISU plans even though they don't know what they are.
The ones that speculate without any substance.

This thread is about not giving SISU a share in the stadium. Not SISU out at all costs. Some have that opinion and are entitled to it, as much as you are to yours of let SISU have the stadium so they have some assets to liquidate.

mark82

By the way, I believe the only way forward is for the club to eventually own the stadium. But SISU are not responsible enough to be given it. The council should not sell to them until they can prove they have the clubs best interests at heart or we have new owners.

gary_ccfcforever

Gaunt has an issue with me unfortunately because i refused to get involved in his dropccfcrent campaign, not because i dont think the rent should be dropped, but because i simply can't stand the bloke. He tries to bellittle anyone who doesn't agree with him and then results to personal insults, mud slinging and practically bullying.

Anybody who knows me will know i am not a thug and i resent the man slurring my character on twitter in this way.

For the record as you all know it was not my idea to start this petition i just did it as somebody suggested it and wasnt sure how to go about it, however i do agree with it an i think if sisu were ever to be given any slice of the ricoh we need to be told what their plans are and also what safegaurds have been put in place to protect coventry tax payers, ccfc fans and the future.

It needs to be for the betterment of CCFC not SISU

BurbageSkyBlues

Absolutely Gary, well done and well said.
I have signed, but (as can be seen from my name) I am not a Coventry resident these days.....well, for about 35 years to be more accurate!

italiahorse

I heard a story off someone I know at the Council the other day. A month or so after Sisu took over he met with Ray Ranson and asked him what the business plan was. Ray's reply was 'to get into the premier league'. Now that isn't a plan, its an ambition. They just thought they could fluke a promotion.

"The ones that speculate without any substance"

Do you truthfully think SISU purposely did this.
They and anybody else who takes over will run it as a business, operating within their income. 5 years is not a long time to sort a business out, although as a fan it seems it.
We are about to find our financial equilibrium this year and we then need to build on it. Just watch other clubs in this league get caught out with the same rules.
Do you think someone taking over will put more money in than they are earning. Knock SISU for operating within the new league finance restraints 5 years early.

italiahorse

This thread is about not giving SISU a share in the stadium. Not SISU out at all costs. Some have that opinion and are entitled to it, as much as you are to yours of let SISU have the stadium so they have some assets to liquidate.

It's the same thing. SISU need the stadium for the club to survive and/or to be able to sell it on as a profitable concern to someone who will make a better go at it. As long as they buy it from ACL at what its worth they will not be able to sell it immediately for a quick profit..

coundonskyblue

"The ones that speculate without any substance"

Do you truthfully think SISU purposely did this.
They and anybody else who takes over will run it as a business, operating within their income. 5 years is not a long time to sort a business out, although as a fan it seems it.
We are about to find our financial equilibrium this year and we then need to build on it. Just watch other clubs in this league get caught out with the same rules.
Do you think someone taking over will put more money in than they are earning. Knock SISU for operating within the new league finance restraints 5 years early.

Do you think Sisu have ran us as a business over the last 5 years? If so what sort of business people invest £40m into a failing company and manage to make it worse?

rustyredline

Gaunt tries to bellittle anyone who doesn't agree with him and then results to personal insults, mud slinging and practically bullying.

Isn't this why he was sacked from talksport - Calling someone a nazi on air. I heard him on talksport for a couple of times and the guy tries to be bully, but I got the impression none of the other presenters liked him either.

gary_ccfcforever

We as Coventry City Fans and also Coventry City Tax Payers, oppose any attempt to sell any share in the Ricoh Arena to our current owners Sisu Capitol/Sconset LLP/ Arvo Mastertrust, Over the 4 years of SISU ownership, SISU have shown themseleves to be economical with the truth, and show a complete disregard to CCFC, its fans and the people of Coventry and Warwickshire, We urge all involved not to sell any part of The Ricoh Arena to these people!

Any chance we could change the wording here? SISU have shown themseleves to be economical with the truth, and show a complete disregard to CCFC, its fans and the people of Coventry and Warwickshire is just an opinion.

The petition just needs to state that fans do not wish shares or part ownership of the Ricoh Arena to go to the present owners of this football club. Don't see how you can says things like "being economical with the truth" and "showing complete disregard."

It's all rather subjective.

Can we change it? I don't feel comfortable signing that in it's present format. People can put their reasoning in the comments. The petition itself needs to be a lot more simple and just state the stance that fans do not wish to see Sisu get any ownership of the Ricoh.

Done Otis.

Otis

Isn't this why he was sacked from talksport - Calling someone a nazi on air. I heard him on talksport for a couple of times and the guy tries to be bully, but I got the impression none of the other presenters liked him either.

He has got one massive fan.

He sees him every time he looks in the mirror.

I wonder if you called him a 'thug' he'd threaten to sue?

Users who are viewing this thread