Petition (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If that is correct then if SISU threatened to liquidate us last season. ACL and the council could have said jog on. Liquidate us. We would have gone to league 2. SISU and their debts would be gone. We would still have a CCFC (no players) and a stadium.

Someone could have bought the club (the tooth fairy) for nothing and paid the charity 6.5 million for 50% half the stadium. Which is actually worth 18.5 million.

Resigned some of the players on free trnasfers and rebought the training ground

They invest a couple of million on the playing side of things for league 2 standards should lead to Promotion = crowds, 50% of staduim revenue from matches and gigs.

If you have the right investor they build the hotel that the conference centre needs

More revenue for conferences and the hotel

However now the same concept would mean conference football?

so the choice really is SISU or conference football ?

If you think my ramblings in the past have been mental, you are going to love this one.

That was the response they were getting from the council last year jog on!!!

Did they look at it and think we need to get part of that stadium the council wont deal with us. If we threaten liquidation they may just well be happy with that and a new start in league 2 with out us.

We are stuck just bobbing along in the championship losing money not getting our hands on part of the stadium unable to sell the club, not prepared or unable to invest what it takes to take the club to the premiership.

We get part of the stadium we will possibly be able to sell the club.

If the club are relegated then the threat of liquidation means conference football it is a proper hammer to hit the council with.

This is the only logic I can see for selling your top scorer at xmas when you have a chance stay up. Instead of holding onto him for 4 months then selling him.

SISU probably got 750k for the sale but gambled on the 5 million loses of relegation.

Also the costs to them of League one football are a lot less than championship football.

So here is my mental rant Relegation was the preferred option for SISU.

It cost them less month by month it has taken them a step closer to getting part of the stadium and a rent reduction.

dongonzalos

‏@DonGonzalos @DropCCFCRentNOW is there something about the author of this petition I do not know, the petition seems quite reasonably worded.
Expand

1h DropCCFCRentNOW ‏@DropCCFCRentNOW
@DonGonzalos no I believe we have no real choice and this fool has normal alternative it's too late for petitions

I replied asking if he thought it was too late for petitions why is he taking the time to try and encourage people not to sign it suggesting the creator of it is a thug. Surely if it was too late it would not worry him

Grendel

If you think my ramblings in the past have been mental, you are going to love this one.

So here is my mental rant Relegation was the preferred option for SISU.

Yes of course. That's why they signed 3 players in January which helped with a significant increase in points.

Only argument in your favour here was the continued employment of the Clueless One.

dongonzalos

Yes of course. That's why they signed 3 players in January which helped with a significant increase in points.

Only argument in your favour here was the continued employment of the Clueless One.

You always bring it down to that don't you. :D

Those players plus Juke may have done it

who signed those players, anyway the clueless one

Otis

We as Coventry City Fans and also Coventry City Tax Payers, oppose any attempt to sell any share in the Ricoh Arena to our current owners Sisu Capitol/Sconset LLP/ Arvo Mastertrust, Over the 4 years of SISU ownership, SISU have shown themseleves to be economical with the truth, and show a complete disregard to CCFC, its fans and the people of Coventry and Warwickshire, We urge all involved not to sell any part of The Ricoh Arena to these people!

Any chance we could change the wording here? SISU have shown themseleves to be economical with the truth, and show a complete disregard to CCFC, its fans and the people of Coventry and Warwickshire is just an opinion.

The petition just needs to state that fans do not wish shares or part ownership of the Ricoh Arena to go to the present owners of this football club. Don't see how you can says things like "being economical with the truth" and "showing complete disregard."

It's all rather subjective.

Can we change it? I don't feel comfortable signing that in it's present format. People can put their reasoning in the comments. The petition itself needs to be a lot more simple and just state the stance that fans do not wish to see Sisu get any ownership of the Ricoh.

Tank Top

"Count me in Lads" with this message to SISU
10_6_10.gif

Grendel

The guy from the Higgs trust has admitted he hopes the sale of their share will go through. Said the current board are the best he has seen at the club for 20 years.

mark82

The guy from the Higgs trust has admitted he hopes the sale of their share will go through. Said the current board are the best he has seen at the club for 20 years.

Yes. SISU are wonderful. They got us relegated. They caused this mess.

italiahorse

It's actually only a minority that support SISU. You are in a group of very few.

No. I am a minority on this board. Most Coventry fans cannot be bothered perhaps knowing they have no chance of influencing what is going on.
I understand everyones frustrations but it is in direct conflict with running any business.
Any business taking over from SISU will do exactly the same. These businesses are all waiting on the sidelines waiting for administration so they can pick up the club without debt.
The downside is that we have point deductions, even more drastic loss of players and yet again another business plan based on income recieved which will be even more reduced.
You are playing into there hands. Stick with SISU warts and all.
Current score 149 Sisu Out, 10,000 can't be bothered. Another 15,000 waiting in the wings for success who can't be bothered.

italiahorse

Hoorah
Hoorah
Hoorah
"Mexican wave"
At last the voices of reason are arriving to support

mark82

<p>

I thought the reformed club takes its new place at the highest position available, which if it happened quick would be our place in league 1.

No, would be minimum 2 divisions. I think though there is now a set level for reformed clubs of step 5 of non-league (Midland Alliance).

However, I don't think we would go that far due to the size of our following. Grounds are not segregated at that level and most have maximum capacities of a few hundred. No clubs at that level I know of offer tickets in advance (season tickets aside) it is all pay on gate. Would cause massive health and safety issues.

Most likely would be Blue Square Premier. There are teams in that league who are not much smaller than us (eg Luton). Most grounds would be able to take a couple of hundred away fans. The majority have the ability to sell tickets in advance.

coundonskyblue

No, would be minimum 2 divisions. I think though there is now a set level for reformed clubs of step 5 of non-league (Midland Alliance).

However, I don't think we would go that far due to the size of our following. Grounds are not segregated at that level and most have maximum capacities of a few hundred. No clubs at that level I know of offer tickets in advance (season tickets aside) it is all pay on gate. Would cause massive health and safety issues.

Most likely would be Blue Square Premier. There are teams in that league who are not much smaller than us (eg Luton). Most grounds would be able to take a couple of hundred away fans. The majority have the ability to sell tickets in advance.

Either the BSP or Midland Alliance, I would be a lot happier supporting them then than I am now.

mark82

Hoorah
Hoorah
Hoorah
"Mexican wave"
At last the voices of reason are arriving to support

First time I've ever heard kduffy described as a voice of reason (just kidding).

If they do get a percentage of the stadium I would love to be proved wrong. However, what with the recent ARVO debenture, we can clearly see they have liquidation in their thoughts. I don't think people realise what a mistake that would be.

mark82

No. I am a minority on this board. Most Coventry fans cannot be bothered perhaps knowing they have no chance of influencing what is going on.
I understand everyones frustrations but it is in direct conflict with running any business.
Any business taking over from SISU will do exactly the same. These businesses are all waiting on the sidelines waiting for administration so they can pick up the club without debt.
The downside is that we have point deductions, even more drastic loss of players and yet again another business plan based on income recieved which will be even more reduced.
You are playing into there hands. Stick with SISU warts and all.
Current score 149 Sisu Out, 10,000 can't be bothered. Another 15,000 waiting in the wings for success who can't be bothered.

Why don't you set one up to support SISU and see how many you get. Do you genuinely think that over 25,000 people have seen this in under 24 hours?

italiahorse

Why don't you set one up to support SISU and see how many you get. Do you genuinely think that over 25,000 people have seen this in under 24 hours?

Because most people can't be bothered and cannot influence what is going on. No 25,000 can't even be bothered to look at this board or the petition. May be 25,001 if it does not offer constructive posts.

mark82

Because most people can't be bothered and cannot influence what is going on. No 25,000 can't even be bothered to look at this board or the petition. May be 25,001 if it does not offer constructive posts.

Which posts have not been constructive?

mark82

Have you got any sources for that? Everything I have seen suggests exactly the opposite.

mark82

‏@DonGonzalos @DropCCFCRentNOW is there something about the author of this petition I do not know, the petition seems quite reasonably worded.
Expand

1h DropCCFCRentNOW ‏@DropCCFCRentNOW
@DonGonzalos no I believe we have no real choice and this fool has normal alternative it's too late for petitions

I replied asking if he thought it was too late for petitions why is he taking the time to try and encourage people not to sign it suggesting the creator of it is a thug. Surely if it was too late it would not worry him

His posts seem very similar to Jon Gaunts! What reason do they have for calling him a thug? I thought all protests were peaceful? Have I missed something or is it just libellous mud-slinging?

Otis

I see Stuart Linnell retweeted the thug remark by Gaunt too. :eek:

Very surprised at that.

dongonzalos

Current score 149 Sisu Out, 10,000 can't be bothered. Another 15,000 waiting in the wings for success who can't be bothered.[/QUOTE]

169 and that is out of potentially 3222 members on this site. The highest ever people on this site in one day is approx 990.

Or do you think a petition put on this site yesterday which has 3222 members has already been seen by 25000 other people?

Grendel

Have you got any sources for that? Everything I have seen suggests exactly the opposite.

He was on CWR at 8 am. He was very critical of sisu in the past but I assume he was mainly complimentary to fisher.

dongonzalos

He was on CWR at 8 am. He was very critical of sisu in the past but I assume he was mainly complimentary to fisher.

Gaunty seems to think Higgs want to sell but the council don't.

Personally I am glad the council need to look at everyone's interests including the best for the fans.

I imagine Higgs as a charity have probably had enough of all the shit and all the hassle and want to walk away from it with a profit for the charity.

The council don't have that luxury they need to make sure they don't sell City down the stream.

We will vote or not for the council depending on their actions the Higgs charity do not have that pressure to get the decision right

Users who are viewing this thread