Peterborough (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

The Bundesliga is obviously a level down from the Premiership in general. Outside of Bayern who i still consider to be the best club team in the world right now.

How much do you think you'd have to pay for JCH right now?
Same question for our strikers?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's a top 5 euro league. It's not a drop down like championship to league 1.

Jch worth 1m? Around same as we sold Chaplin for.

Horses for courses. Some players click at a club and it doesn't happen foe them elsewhere.

Grendel

It's a top 5 euro league. It's not a drop down like championship to league 1.

Jch worth 1m? Around same as we sold Chaplin for.

Horses for courses. Some players click at a club and it doesn't happen foe them elsewhere.

£1m for a player who scored more than Toney in league 1 - ok

Evo1883

Toney cost Brentford 5 million plus 10 million in add ons .

Harris scored more and is 1 year older

I'd say Pete was right 3 -4 Mill upfront with add ons

covcity4life

Fair enough my valuation low I can accept that

Regardless considering how club has done since then not sure why we should regret it

He didn't score that amount for us so maybe if we kept him we wouldn't be in championship right now?

Grendel

Regardless considering how club has done since then not sure why we should regret it

He didn't score that amount for us so maybe if we kept him we wouldn't be in championship right now?

Guess if we hadn’t got rid of Maddison we not be either - thank god for Shipley

TomRad85

I'm not quite sure why people keep saying look how we've done since as an argument. I'm banging my against a brick wall but it's completely unrelated.
He didn't score that amount for us because we didn't realise what we had. That is the mistake.

SlowerThanPlatt

Toney cost Brentford 5 million plus 10 million in add ons .

Harris scored more and is 1 year older

I'd say Pete was right 3 -4 Mill upfront with add ons

Toney only played 32 games tbf, he was on track to score more over a season.

Being able to score 30 goals at any pro level is some going though

Grendel

Maddison is a international level talent jch is not. We don't even know if jch is championship level yet.

Guess it’s a good job we have biamou and not Adam Armstrong then

covcity4life

You can't have a go at MR for getting rid when he went on to have success without him

You can wiah he had stayed personally but ultimately unless JCH smashes it in championship you cannot say MR got it wrong in grand scheme of things

NortonSkyBlue

I'm not quite sure why people keep saying look how we've done since as an argument. I'm banging my against a brick wall but it's completely unrelated.
He didn't score that amount for us because we didn't realise what we had. That is the mistake.

He didn't score that amount for us because he couldn't be bothered half the time, went down like a lead weight most of the time and we did realise what we had. That is why he was off loaded.
Well done to him since though and that is him rectifying his mistake.

TomRad85

but that doesn't mean he'd be worth 5 million if he'd stayed with us.
Sometimes the move is best for both parties and I think that was the case with him.
I don't think it was the best for both parties. For him maybe, not for us. Can't see how JCH coming off the bench last season would have seen us any worse off than bringing either of the deadly duo on.

clint van damme

I don't think it was the best for both parties. For him maybe, not for us. Can't see how JCH coming off the bench last season would have seen us any worse off than bringing either of the deadly duo on.

I don't disagree wit that, but coming off the bench and doing better than Max or Baka doesn't mean we'd have had a 5 million Championship striker on our hands.

procdoc

Of course in hindsight it may have been a mistake to let JCH go. No one (including Grendel) said they thought he’d go on to be a prolific goal scorer. We done fine without him and he’s done fine without us.
There are countless players throughout history that were let go only to blossom elsewhere, that’s football

TomRad85

I don't disagree wit that, but coming off the bench and doing better than Max or Baka doesn't mean we'd have had a 5 million Championship striker on our hands.
No I don't disagree with that either. His path has led him to be worth that much. But what we would have at an absolute minimum is a better option off the bench currently. If you look at it that way it's not a glaring error, but it still is one, in my eyes.

Ccfcisparks

No I don't disagree with that either. His path has led him to be worth that much. But what we would have at an absolute minimum is a better option off the bench currently. If you look at it that way it's not a glaring error, but it still is one, in my eyes.

So you are saying that JCH would have been willing to sit on the bench then for the whole season

stupot07

Surely Charlie Wyke is the best striker in League one? 25 goals all from open play at 137 minutes per goal..JCH has 31, but 10 were penalties so scored 4 less from open play than Wyke. 21 at 186 minutes per goal is still impressive but not as lethal as Wyke.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

He was one of our highest earners. We couldn't afford to have someone on his wage on the bench.

Had we not offloaded JCH were wouldn't have had the funds in the wage bill to strengthen elsewhere. Ffs just give it up and move on.

Skybluefaz

Surely Charlie Wyke is the best striker in League one? 25 goals all from open play at 137 minutes per goal..JCH has 31, but 10 were penalties so scored 4 less from open play than Wyke. 21 at 186 minutes per goal is still impressive but not as lethal as Wyke.

Wyke looked a cart horse for Sunderland when they played us at St Andrews. Are we now valuing him as a 5 million pound player? It's a ridiculous argument playing out here. As obvious as it seems to say we should have kept him, there is nothing to say we would have won the league with him. It is what it is.

TomRad85

He was one of our highest earners. We couldn't afford to have someone on his wage on the bench.

Had we not offloaded JCH were wouldn't have had the funds in the wage bill to strengthen elsewhere. Ffs just give it up and move on.

I have moved on you weirdo, I couldn't really give 2 shits about JCH. It just so happens a discussion broke out whether letting him go was an error, I can't see any argument for it not being as we'd absolute kill for a player with his goal record over the last couple of seasons. If Peterbrough had a player not called JCH on their books doing what he's done and we signed him, everyone would be going bananas with excitement.

TomRad85

So you are saying that JCH would have been willing to sit on the bench then for the whole season
Well no, I think he'd have got plenty of game time actually and probably had enough opportunity to nail down a starting spot. The current crop aren't pulling up any trees are they.

Ccfcisparks

Well no, I think he'd have got plenty of game time actually and probably had enough opportunity to nail down a starting spot. The current crop aren't pulling up any trees are they.

Anything else you can tell us that you've seen in your crystal ball

stupot07

I have moved on you weirdo, I couldn't really give 2 shits about JCH. It just so happens a discussion broke out whether letting him go was an error, I can't see any argument for it not being as we'd absolute kill for a player with his goal record over the last couple of seasons. If Peterbrough had a player not called JCH on their books doing what he's done and we signed him, everyone would be going bananas with excitement.

You say you have moved on yet you're still commenting on it.

Users who are viewing this thread