Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

How are they mistakes? Football is about the sum of all parts and those parts all functioning together. We’ve kicked on every season under Robins and there isn’t a manager in the world who hasn’t made mistakes in signing players or letting players go.

Hiwulla and Baka were/will be released after we spent transfer fees on both. Calling their signings a mistake isn't a slight on Robins per se, they're just hopefully lessons we can learn from

Grendel

Understood, but at this moment in time I don't think anyone would choose Biamou over Clarke-Harris.

Clarke Harris scored more goals in the championship anyway poor Tony

Evo1883

I wouldn't. But the fella who's got us from L2 to the Championship did so that's good enough for me.

I don't think you can say biamou got us up the divisions mate .

He contributed very little during seasons in league 2 , 1 and the championship.

I still remember him missing a ridiculous amount of sitters when he first came ok fair enough adapt to the level , but he was woeful, he's constantly been a player that needs 10 to score 1 .mcnulty was the one who got us up .

Godden got us out of league 1 too

The idea that he's a good target man frankly annoys me , because it's a load of crap ...

clint van damme

Hiwulla and Baka were/will be released after we spent transfer fees on both. Calling their signings a mistake isn't a slight on Robins per se, they're just hopefully lessons we can learn from

no one gets there signing s 100 percent correct. For example, Juan Veron and Di Maria failed at Man U, but both great players.
Expecting every signing to hit the mark is unrealistic, our success rate has been decent, though for me the foreign signings have been disappointing.

Brighton Sky Blue

JCH was, at best, average for us for us. I still have nightmares about that miss at Walsall away. His goal against Mansfield away was destiny changing, but so was Maxs overhead kick against County.
Another player whose legend grows now he's gone.
Being better than Biamou and Baka means fuck all.
I wouldn't. But the fella who's got us from L2 to the Championship did so that's good enough for me.

Of course, but that fella makes mistakes like anyone else. I think at home to Sunderland JCH showed what he was about, not long after he was gone. After he scored just once in 20 something games in League 2 I was surprised we carried the deal through in the first place, mind

clint van damme

I don't think you can say biamou got us up the divisions mate .

He contributed very little during seasons in league 2 , 1 and the championship.

I still remember him missing a ridiculous amount of sitters when he first came ok fair enough adapt to the level , but he was woeful, he's constantly been a player that needs 10 to score 1 .mcnulty was the one who got us up .

Godden got us out of league 1 too

The idea that he's a good target man frankly annoys me , because it's a load of crap ...

I was referring to Robins!

Brighton Sky Blue

no one gets there signing s 100 percent correct. For example, Juan Veron and Di Maria failed at Man U, but both great players.
Expecting every signing to hit the mark is unrealistic, our success rate has been decent, though for me the foreign signings have been disappointing.

Nowhere did I say I expect every signing to work out, my point is actually the opposite. He makes mistakes like any other manager and pointing these out doesn't change my overall view of him

clint van damme

Of course, but that fella makes mistakes like anyone else. I think at home to Sunderland JCH showed what he was about, not long after he was gone. After he scored just once in 20 something games in League 2 I was surprised we carried the deal through in the first place, mind

And sometimes people need a fresh challenge. Maybe that was the case with JCH

skybluetony176

Understood, but at this moment in time I don't think anyone would choose Biamou over Clarke-Harris.
I doubt anyone connected to Peterborough would but I’d rather have Robins here as manager than JCH here as a striker that doesn’t fit in. JCH going benefited both him and CCFC. There’s no losers in his departure from us.

Evo1883

I doubt anyone connected to Peterborough would but I’d rather have Robins here as manager than JCH here as a striker that doesn’t fit in. JCH going benefited both him and CCFC. There’s no losers in his departure from us.

I do think JCH would do well here in our wing back system .

A luxury he never had when at city

Evo1883

Keeping Baka & Max over Jch has turned out to be a comical decision that has been more than proved it wasn’t

To be fair , even Alex ferguson admitted he made a huge mistake letting jaap stam go as he thought he was past it ...which turned out to be completely wrong .

Mistakes are made everywhere

cc84cov

To be fair , even Alex ferguson admitted he made a huge mistake letting jaap stam go as he thought he was past it ...which turned out to be completely wrong .

Mistakes are made but even back then it was clear who was the better striker...

JCH was much better than max or Baka he let him go as Luke Thomas was crying over bullying as he didn’t get on with JCH & derby we’re gonna pull the loan

Evo1883

Mistakes are made but even back then it was clear who was the better striker...

JCH was much better than max or Baka he let him go as Luke Thomas was crying over bullying as he didn’t get on with JCH & derby we’re gonna pull the loan
I'm going to suggest that it was attitude rather than ability that saw JCH leave .

Maybe he's just grown up , mind you he's the centre of attention at both Bristol and posh , it's where he wants to be

As clint said , how would he feel being used as a squad player ...I think he has a good point

skybluetony176

Diego Forlan being another. Couldn’t click at Man U but did great things at Villarreal and Atletico.

stupot07

It was the right decision to let him go at the time, he was on reportedly on good money, and we needed to release some money, and he was pretty shit for us. We wouldn't be able to keep him on the wages he was on, as 3rd or 4th choice. He wouldn't have scored anywhere near as many goals for us.

Good luck to him, people need to move on.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread