Match Thread Peterborough away (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Moore was a major signing and is being benched for a league 1 and league 2 back up journeyman - I’d be less than pleased if I was him
This is where I don’t get it. What are you suggesting? Robins is rubbish? Robins doesn’t know what he’s doing? Robins has or is losing his mind? Or that hes forgotten more about football management than you’ll ever know

Esoterica

If I was in the Peterborough dressing room my confidence would be through the roof after seeing our team sheet. No Fadz to bully their strikers, a keeper they'll be making an extra effort to test and a backline that would have been worried about the pressure they'd be put under again by Gyo and Waghorn but will now be happy they're up against a one-paced Godden.

The 4 in the midfield box are really going to have to step up today. Looking forward to hailing Robins genius in a couple of hours :D

SBT

Power move from Robins to start our three best players of the season on the bench!

And Wilson, huh?
giphy.gif

Bugsy

Please can I just remind the pessimistic posters that it's a game of 2 half's..

obviously I would like to see Simon Moore mcfadz and gyko in the team to start but MR sees these players everyday to know either fitness or tactics is to play here......PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

That side is as expected imo. though you could perhaps expect Moore to have returned. Their forwards are 'ickle' and Fadz is better against a lump, Shippers - no-one else to play out there. City win and if we sign Bidwell next week, everyone on here will be full of joy (for a few days at least!)

fatso

Anyone else worried about where the goals are going to come from?
Looks like we've set out to get a 0-0
I fucking hope I'm wrong, but that's an unbelievably negative set up against a team that leak goals for fun!

And how fucking shit must Reid be if Shipley gets the nod ahead of him?

Esoterica

Please can I just remind the pessimistic posters that it's a game of 2 half's..

obviously I would like to see Simon Moore mcfadz and gyko in the team to start but MR sees these players everyday to know either fitness or tactics is to play here......PUSB
I'm just in a grump. Sun is shining, wife has taken our daughter off to a birthday party so I've got a free house and that line up drained all the enthusiasm out of me. Should have had my pre-match wank before checking the line up because now, a bit like Peterborough, it's got no chance of staying up.

chiefdave

But a goalkeeping error (and Wilson makes) many is usually significant, you cannot afford to have this philosophy with goalkeeper. Wilson is just about good enough as back up and that's it.
Not saying I agree with it, personally I'd have Moore back in at the earliest opportunity, but I can see a reason the decision might have been made.

Grendel

This is where I don’t get it. What are you suggesting? Robins is rubbish? Robins doesn’t know what he’s doing? Robins has or is losing his mind? Or that hes forgotten more about football management than you’ll ever know

Russell slade by definition forgotten more about football management than anyone would know. I fail to see your point. If Moore was never good enough why sign him? If Shipley has a good game do we keep him in ahead of Maatsen?

Johhny Blue

I'm just in a grump. Sun is shining, wife has taken our daughter off to a birthday party so I've got a free house and that line up drained all the enthusiasm out of me. Should have had my pre-match wank before checking the line up because now, a bit like Peterborough, it's got no chance of staying up.
At least Peterborough might come back up next year

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Russell slade by definition forgotten more about football management than anyone would know. I fail to see your point. If Moore was never good enough why sign him? If Shipley has a good game do we keep him in ahead of Maatsen?
Moore is number 1 and best keeper we’ve had for years
Shipley will be leaving in January but will still play more league games than maatsen for us in January

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hmmm....

Can only hope some of those decisions are due to injury/Covid recovery.

Moore is the better keeper, Fadz has been incredible all season and Godden on his own up front doesn't tend to be great.

Showing how little we have at LWB that Shipley is there. Doesn't like to tackle and often looks fucked after 15 minutes in a position that relies on running around a hell of a lot. I would imagine we'll be seeing Jones replace him an hour or so in.

Still think we can win, but that team is making it uneccesarily harder for ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread