Peter poloskei (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Or we are getting tip offs as part of deals :)

Up North Sky Blue

Where have all these foreign trialists suddenly come from? Hasn't been heard of since Gunnar (maybe)? Have we suddenly got European scouts again?

Thorn has decent links around the UK and Europe, but most clubs get inidated with offers to trial players via their agents.

torchomatic

We wont sign him whoever he is.

Nonleagueherewecome

Where have all these foreign trialists suddenly come from? Hasn't been heard of since Gunnar (maybe)? Have we suddenly got European scouts again?

Thorny found out about Firstrowsports :)

Sutty

Striker in the Jutkiewicz mould. Wins headers but looks like he gets in the right places to score goals as well.

RichieGunns

Striker in the Jutkiewicz mould. Wins headers but looks like he gets in the right places to score goals as well.

You know the annoying thing...when we sold Jutkiewicz...i'd only just started saying his name right....lol....it took me all that time and when i finally get it right...he's sold...oh well!

Hopefully if they sign this lad, ill be able to get his name right before they sell him :D

AFCCOVENTRY

Looks the part, can shoot, can head, has some pace.... :eek:

[video=youtube;64uxyXiRBbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64uxyXiRBbs[/video]

AFCCOVENTRY

Some more of his goals from last season... SIGN HIM UP....

[video=youtube;KokCz2NfKYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KokCz2NfKYI[/video]

AFCCOVENTRY

Peter Poloskey
When you become the top goal scorer of Ferencvaros in any season you usually get yourself higher then 49th in our list, as arguably Ferencvaros are the greatest team in Hungary, with 28 league titles they have won more titles then any one in the country. However, they have suffered a lot in recent times and spent a few years in the second division of Hungarian football. In the 2011/2012 season they had another disappointing season, as they finished 11th in NB1. Poloskey already had a lot of pressure on him since his father is a Fradi legend and has scored goals in the highest of stages including the World Cup, meanwhile his brother Zsolt Poloskei has spent loan spells at Liverpool who are one of the greatest clubs in England. Peter finally did show some of his talents this season though, as under the new manager ,Lajos Detari he finally became a regular at the club. A lot of fans wanted him to play because they have saw him play coming off the bench and they believed he could make a bigger impact starting games. They got their wish because Poloskey started a lot of games under Detari. He didn’t let his manager down either as he scored some important goals for the club against arch rivals Ujpest and Diosgyor. All together he scored six goals and gave four assists in 27 appearances for Ferencvaros which isn’t the best for a striker, but if we consider that Ferencvaros didn’t score many goals during the season, it is actually a pretty good stat for Poloskey. After the disappointing season a lot of changes are expected at the club and next season, Poloskey will have a new striker partner and better players to supply him, which means that he will get his chance to fulfil his full potential.

http://hungarianfoci.com/news-2/peter-poloskey/

please can we sign this player!

RichieGunns

This guy looks pretty good on the youtube videos.

Good intelligent striker with a nice touch as well.

He seems to be able to use both his right and his left. (Mainly right footed but he controlled a ball in one clip with his left, got it away from the defender which then allowed him to set up for the shot with his right)

Shows some speed too which is something people have said we need and willing to run at the defenders...confidence is always a good thing :D

And that shot where he chested the ball down onto the floor and then without even turning around, he twisted and shot the ball past the keeper...now thats gotta be worth something :D

-----

And im pretty sure on the offal he was reported to have hit the post with his first shot of the game, and did it off his own back rather than waiting for a pass (i think)...He could be a very good signing for us me thinks :D

Last edited:

RichieGunns

Certainly better than Bruno by miles?

How can you make that assessment?

You can't, so lets just see what happens on saturday...and make our decision on whether they are bette or not when we actually see him on the pitch.

But for the sake of saying it...from what i heard, Bruno was slow and needed dedicated service to get his goals as a lot of his goals he scored (on youtube) were headers, not with his feet. He also seemed like the person who waited to be passed to rather than actually going at defenders.

From what ive seen of Peter (on youtube), he seems the exact oppersit. Pacy, intelligent thinking striker, good footwork and an eye for goal even when he's not looking at it. Also he's willing to put the work in to get a goal and doesn't wait for players to play him through...hence why AFCC said he was better than Bruno...but thats just my reading of his post...

AFCCOVENTRY

Certainly better than Bruno by miles?

How can you make that assessment?

Based on the youtube vids it's pretty obvious to me that Peter is better than Bruno. Peter seems more mobile than Bruno. Peter seems to be able to use both feet, gets into good positions, shoots on the turn, can header, a bit of pace etc.

Astute

And he fits in with the foreigners with british christian names.

RichieGunns

And he fits in with the foreigners with british christian names.

I'm sure the name Peter origionates from Greece...i might be wrong ;)

(Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "stone" or "rock")

----------

That aside...if we did buy him we'd have Peter, William and Kevin lol So yeh...Bill and Kevs excellent adventure anyone? Or Peter Pan, the boy who always scored? lol

Users who are viewing this thread