Peter Bankes needs investigating (2 Viewers)

messiahrobins

A perfectly sensible explanation for drawing of the lines was posted on another thread. As we look at it, the attacker’s toe touches the LEFT side of the red line, and the defender’s toe touches the RIGHT side of the blue line (hence being drawn over the boot). Any separation (no matter how small) between the lines says offside. Maybe consider that possibility before openly proposing to stalk an FA official?

It’s a ridiculously over-precise measuring system that takes no account of the uncertainties in photo frames etc., and gives no benefit of the doubt to the attacker. But it’s not a conspiracy.
Blatant corruption and you are naive to say what you have.

Last edited:

messiahrobins

Yeah, you've made a few too many posts with the same theme now. It's a shit way to lose, and not in the spirit of the game, but time to move on.
Woke nonsense. No way am i moving on. bankes needs to face consequences and at minimum be made to explain his decision, and if he cannot be sacked.

Last edited:

messiahrobins

Yeah, I don't think there is any conspiracy to be found here at all. Same with Forest, which I find a little embarrassing. If they are going to vet every official , you would have hardly any officials left to officiate.

This, yesterday.was just hasty, ill-judged, incompetence.

I can't believe for a single second that anyone on the VAR panel wanted us to lose, or would aid Man U in winning.

It's fantasy stuff.😂
Woke nonsense. We were cheated plain and simple, and it is now established fact.

rylee

Woke nonsense. No way am i moving on. barnes needs to face consequences and at minimum be made to explain his decision, and if he cannot be sacked.

Fully with you, I cannot believe how many people are just taking this saying nothing can be done and not even putting up a fight. Really says a lot for the fan base and I’m shocked.

Skyblueweeman

Woke nonsense. We were cheated plain and simple, and it is now established fact.
You instantly lose a bit of credit by using the word Woke.

VAR is a pile of sh!te mind but it's done - nothing will change. We look great, albeit losing semi-finalists, Utd look like losers & idiots and PGMOL look even more incompetent than they did before.

messiahrobins

Fully with you, I cannot believe how many people are just taking this saying nothing can be done and not even putting up a fight. Really says a lot for the fan base and I’m shocked.
I think it is younger fans as younger people have been conditioned to accept Establishment decisions without questioning them.
The more i look at what happened, and now i can without the emotion as the dust has settled, the more blatantly obvious it is we were cheated and it was definite corruption.
There is a huge cover up going on over this.

messiahrobins

How on earth was that woke? You clearly don’t know what the word means.

And “established fact”? Pull the other one.
Blue line drawn over the foot.
Lines not even remotely accurate given live footage from the other side showed Wright about a foot onside when the ball was actually released.
It is fact we were cheated and corruption was at work, and there has to be consequences for those involved and thankfully there are people ensuring that will happen.

Jim

Lines not even remotely accurate given live footage from the other side showed Wright about a foot onside when the ball was actually released.
It is fact we were cheated and corruption was at work, and there has to be consequences for those involved and thankfully there are people ensuring that will happen.
The footage from the other side showed nothing of the sort.

wingy

It's not that I don't think it's just a blind acceptance of rules and technology, pretty disgusting if you ask me, flawed in thought from inception to creation!

Samo

I must admit that the game has left me with a bad case of indigestion. It's really staying with me. I'm generally not one for conspiracy theories but this has left me wondering if it has permanently damaged my enjoyment of football.
We won, but the history books won't say that and we won't play in the final.

Sick Boy

Presumably, you thought our win at Notts County in the play-offs should have been replayed?

messiahrobins

I must admit that the game has left me with a bad case of indigestion. It's really staying with me. I'm generally not one for conspiracy theories but this has left me wondering if it has permanently damaged my enjoyment of football.
We won, but the history books won't say that and we won't play in the final.
It is about as clear a conspiracy as you will ever see. And the fact X keeps deleting posts showing the blue line over the foot suggests the FA are putting pressure on to get the evidence removed.

napolimp

Keep up! The conversation is about when has the ball been played, is it the first moment O’Hare touches the ball, or when it leaves his boot?

I don't agree with the use of VAR for tight offside decisions, and I understand there are nuances - in the sense of at what point are the lines actually drawn. But if they are using VAR to call offside decisions (which they are) then that is offside. The dumb suggestion being made on here is that there's a conspiracy based on "lines being drawn over boots".

shmmeee

I don't agree with the use of VAR for tight offside decisions, and I understand there are nuances - in the sense of at what point are the lines actually drawn. But if they are using VAR to call offside decisions (which they are) then that is offside. The dumb suggestion being made on here is that there's a conspiracy based on "lines being drawn over boots".

The image they showed had the line drawn over the boot and if correct would have had him onside

A VAR fan account image is the only one showing him offside and there’s debate about whether either he or VAR picked the right frame.

shmmeee

Like I’m over it. It’s done. But to claim “it’s clearly offside” is just massive cope. There’s been nothing from the FA that proves that. Just some bloke on Twitter.

MalcSB

Taking a step back and looking at the offside, it was technically correct given the facts presented at the time.

However it does beg a couple of questions.

Firstly, there are too many margins for error in the process.

At what point in time is the snapshot taken? Foot striking ball? Ball leaving foot? In this case Callum scooped the ball so there was a slightly extended time when the ball was in contact with him.

The frame rate had also been questioned and the various distances travelled etc have been measured.

So to make a decision on that fine a margin with the margins of error involved makes me that the process should change to a cricket like review.

Ie it’s too close for us to call either way so therefore it either goes back to the referee to re watch and decide or the on pitch decision stands.

Secondly, even assuming that VAR is all correct and margin of error removed, the context of offside and the spirit of the rule needs to be looked at.

in this case Bassaka was tracking back and Wright has actually paused. There was no “goal hanging” or clear intention to gain an advantage by being ahead of the defender.

I really don’t think there is a corrupt decision in this case - it was far easier for the officials to ignore our penalty shout or even give the handball against us.

The offside rule and the interaction of VAR is what needs closer scrutiny in order to preserve the flow and spirit of the game we love.
It really wasn't easier to ignore the penalty shout, the ref saw it and gave it and VAR would have found it impossible to overturn. Clearly struck an arm away from the body and prevented the ball carrying through to a dangerous area. Immediate appeal from multiple City players. The Man Utd players didn't appeal for Haji being offside, they feel to the floor crushed. Their GK waved his arms about, probably more in hope than expectation that Torp was off.

napolimp

The image they showed had the line drawn over the boot and if correct would have had him onside

A VAR fan account image is the only one showing him offside and there’s debate about whether either he or VAR picked the right frame.

This looks more definitive than the image with thick ass lines drawn using permanent markers.

Didn't someone else explain why the boot was inside that line anyway?

MalcSB

What worries me is the vehemence with which the media are saying there are no conspiracies. If there were such conspiracies, they would be heavily involved, as might the betting industry.

As Mandy Rice-Davis put it - they would say that, wouldn't they. :)

shmmeee

This looks more definitive than the image with thick ass lines drawn using permanent markers.

Didn't someone else explain why the boot was inside that line anyway?

Must have missed that. The “thick ass lines” are the official VAR ones so that’s why the focus on them.

It would be nice to have the video released so we can out it to bed TBH.

napolimp

Must have missed that. The “thick ass lines” are the official VAR ones so that’s why the focus on them.

It would be nice to have the video released so we can out it to bed TBH.

Know as much about the "frames" as everyone else obviously, but once you start down that route you really are entering conspiracy theory territory.

Sick Boy

There was someone on here claiming he's from Lancashire, is that actually true? From what I can see he's from Merseyside.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

Know as much about the "frames" as everyone else obviously, but once you start down that route you really are entering conspiracy theory territory.

This is the issue with VAR though. Decisions made in hidden rooms do tend to draw conspiracy theories 🤷🏻‍♂️

shmmeee

There was someone on here claiming he's from Lancashire, is that actually true? From what I can see he's from Merseyside.

Wiki says Lancashire. He started at the Liverpool FA though. Not that I’ve been googling cos the missus is texting me conspiracy theories that are going round her work.

Users who are viewing this thread