Peter Bankes needs investigating (5 Viewers)

Jim

aliens seriously GIF

MalcSB

Yeah, and my problem with conspiracy theories has always been - where are the whistle blowers? When you have so many people working in an industry, and involved in the technology and decision making, surely one would stand up and say something if it was all a massive conspiracy.
How do we know that messiahrobins isn’t that person?

messiahrobins

Off course the gap between the yellow and blue lines get bigger as it comes across.

It’s called perspective.

Look at the size of the light green shade of grass. See how that gets bigger too. Perspective.

Is there a massive conspiracy against Coventry city or does MessiahRobins simply not understand perspective….
So now you are backtracking lmao. Perspective means that the video evidence cannot be relied upon!!. Thats what most people are saying. 99% of people are saying it was onside. The debate is was there a conspiracy. Those of us who are more aware of the Establishment will be aware of how things work.
Not sure why you are getting so defensive over this?

napolimp

So now you are backtracking lmao. Perspective means that the video evidence cannot be relied upon!!. Thats what most people are saying. 99% of people are saying it was onside. The debate is was there a conspiracy. Those of us who are more aware of the Establishment will be aware of how things work.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

messiahrobins

Oh shit you're right you know. How did none of us see that? I'm sending it over to NASA now for analysis. Going to get the satellite data.
Or..just watch in real time! Wright was onside absolutely clear as a bell.
You really havent been paying attention to the issues with VAR that if you follow NFL and their version of it, have been open to abuse for years.

Jim

Let’s go through this very slowly…..

The red lines are drawn parallel to the grass mowing lines. The assumption here is that the groundsman has mowed close to parallel to the goal lines or perpendicular to the sidelines. Not too much a stretch given it’s the national stadium and the ground staff are very good at their job.

These two red lines intersect at the vanishing point for the photo. They will grow wider as you approach closer to the location of the camera. That’s called perspective

You can now draw a line from the vanishing point to each of the players feet.

Blue for Wight. Yellow for Bassako.

This eliminates any error for parallax etc.

The only minor error here is that bassako’s shoulder is ever so slightly forward of his foot. I did a quick check and it’s about halfway between the yellow and blue.

So still offside…..

Now don’t get me wrong. I wished it was onside but it technically isn’t.

Now we get into the debate of margins of error, use of VAR and the offside rule itself. And in that point according the spirit of the game this goal should have stood.
image001.png

Jim

It’s almost like VAR is capable of understanding perspective. That’s why you’ll always see the lines drawn to vanishing points.

The debate is that you said it’s a fact that there’s a conspiracy. And I’ve shown that the only issue here is that you don’t understand perspective and that your “facts” are not facts.

What should be under debate is use of VAR and the offside rule itself.

messiahrobins

Let’s go through this very slowly…..

The red lines are drawn parallel to the grass mowing lines. The assumption here is that the groundsman has mowed close to parallel to the goal lines or perpendicular to the sidelines. Not too much a stretch given it’s the national stadium and the ground staff are very good at their job.

These two red lines intersect at the vanishing point for the photo. They will grow wider as you approach closer to the location of the camera. That’s called perspective

You can now draw a line from the vanishing point to each of the players feet.

Blue for Wight. Yellow for Bassako.

This eliminates any error for parallax etc.

The only minor error here is that bassako’s shoulder is ever so slightly forward of his foot. I did a quick check and it’s about halfway between the yellow and blue.

So still offside…..

Now don’t get me wrong. I wished it was onside but it technically isn’t.

Now we get into the debate of margins of error, use of VAR and the offside rule itself. And in that point according the spirit of the game this goal should have stood.
View attachment 35307
So you admit i am right. Perspective is just an excuse being peddled to cover up the conspiracy. The simple fact is if you look at it level (this vid is the wrong angle as it isnt level) Wright is a foot onside. The further right you move Wright would look more onside so if this pic was taken to the right of Wright he would look even more onside. hence why you need to look at it level.
As many have said, why did this decision happen so quickly. Why was there apparently no discussion at all on the telly as to whether it was onside like they usually do? Apparently the pundits didnt even discuss it. Why has X been deleting the pictures showing the blue line over Bassaka's foot?

messiahrobins

It’s almost like VAR is capable of understanding perspective. That’s why you’ll always see the lines drawn to vanishing points.

The debate is that you said it’s a fact that there’s a conspiracy. And I’ve shown that the only issue here is that you don’t understand perspective and that your “facts” are not facts.

What should be under debate is use of VAR and the offside rule itself.
The offside rule is irrelevant here because Wright is definitely onside. The issue is how corrupt VAR is, as Nottingham Forest have called out. I assume you are angry at Nottingham Forest and think they are causing issues for the game?
The lines drawn can be manipulated, as we have seen with the blue line that was over Bassaka's foot.

Jim

FML

Drawing the lines to a vanishing point allows you to correct for perspective.

It’s evident you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

IMG_1279.jpeg

Presumably these rails aren’t parallel either according to your logic….

messiahrobins

FML

Drawing the lines to a vanishing point allows you to correct for perspective.

It’s evident you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about.

View attachment 35309

Presumably these rails aren’t parallel either according to your logic….
LOl wtf has this got to do with anything lmao. I have proved to you why Wright is onside. The yellow line gets further away from the grey line, thats not perspective mate, that is manipulation.

rob9872

My posts look out of place now. This definitely said Peter Barnes last night 😞

Jim

You’re either trolling or genuinely this stupid and I’m not sure which is worse.

Old Warwickshire lad

It’s left a bad taste in all our mouths. We all know who won that game, and so do 99% of the people watching the game on tv.
But we pick ourselves up and move on,it’s gone.
This super league shit is coming, the fa are clinging on to the big boys for grim death. They are making themselves a laughing stock to the masses, licking the arses of the so called big 6 .
Let them fook off and have their super league.
Cut em adrift and leave em to it. We can thrive without them.
4 divisions of 20 ,fa cup with replays.League cup. Play on Saturdays. Kin hell be like having football back.

Skyblueweeman

It’s left a bad taste in all our mouths. We all know who won that game, and so do 99% of the people watching the game on tv.
But we pick ourselves up and move on,it’s gone.
This super league shit is coming, the fa are clinging on to the big boys for grim death. They are making themselves a laughing stock to the masses, licking the arses of the so called big 6 .
Let them fook off and have their super league.
Cut em adrift and leave em to it. We can thrive without them.
4 divisions of 20 ,fa cup with replays.League cup. Play on Saturdays. Kin hell be like having football back.
Cor...that sounds perfect. Totally agree - let the 'big 6' go.

Skyblueweeman

How much money have we lost as a result of the conspiracy?

I guess whatever the losing finalist gets? £1m.

If we've lost money as a 'conspiracy', we should complain.

But as we've lost to potential ineptitude, there's nothing we can do.

Look, 99% of fans think we've been robbed. It is what it is - nothings going to charge. They might release the audio or might issue some sort of 'we're sorry' (they won't) but nothing is going to change.

Let it go, move on.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I think we all know that any frozen frame is a going to cause some errors, the frame before or the frame after will given different conclusions and that is also allowing for you to judge when the ball has left the boot to get those two precise frames.
People cite cricket, look at how hard it is to see the ball being caught in the slips with the distortion and deception of angle so that's the same for picking the exact frame when the ball leaves the foot, that could be one of about 5-6 frames that creates a real potential inaccuracy on such tight decisions.
You cannot create a system that says, its ok, its so close that its fine, its about defining the right tolerances for percentage accuracy and the frames before and after the selected one - but then people want an answer in 30 seconds and that's not possible.

Semi automated next year will be interesting, I am assuming it picks up the easy ones and these types have an intervention of human review.

JSL

When I was watching the match my instincts immediately said Wright was offside as the ball was played but the linesman's flag stayed stayed down to my delight. My only gripe is that if the ref and linesman (two match officials) didn't see anything wrong why was VAR called upon? Let it go. its gone and cannot be undone now.

Users who are viewing this thread