Perspective (1 Viewer)

Martin180

This kind of hits the nail on the head. We really haven’t been playing well enough in 2024.
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

clint van damme

I think Hull are the team that have adopted this model this season followed by Ipsw

In January they were 2 points ahead of us. They invested heavily on loans and today are …. 2 points ahead of us !

Ipsw also have invested in quality loans. They were top or second in January and brought in 2 loans and today are either first or second …

It’s really not as straight forward as people would have you believe …. Most clubs sign loan players because they cannot afford to buy players of a similar capability themselves.

I do think there is a place for them but it’s not a guarantee of a better outcome

Our squad has started to look threadbare every January since our return to the Championship. The only season we made meaningful additions was the first season back with Gyokeres and James and it paid dividends.

You're right, there's no guarantees but when you're short on numbers chances are bringing people in will be more effective than not bringing them in.

We only got away with it last year because 2 exceptional players whose like we'll be very lucky to see again dragged us to the final.

Deity

Our squad has started to look threadbare every January since our return to the Championship. The only season we made meaningful additions was the first season back with Gyokeres and James and it paid dividends.

You're right, there's no guarantees but when you're short on numbers chances are bringing people in will be more effective than not bringing them in.

We only got away with it last year because 2 exceptional players whose like we'll be very lucky to see again dragged us to the final.
I don’t disagree … it should improve your chances but the stats don’t lie … it’s not made any difference so far to our relative position

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure why we are cucking for a derisory league position. We've been right up there and lost 3 of our last 4 games in the fight for promotion at the crucial time. I get that there are some variables that have made things harder for us, but the reality is that we've caved and I wish people would stop making excuses.

We could have done with Kelly playing a bit more to offer some genuine leadership. The captaincy right through the pitch to our goalkeeper are fragile and weak, and we've been turned over by some pretty average to shit teams. It's poor and I think people have a right to be frustrated with what's happened.

Viktor17

That is true, but Hull for example have took it to extremes and have a massive wage bill and rebuild now because of it

If we can add 3 or 4 signings of quality, with 1 or 2 prospects, a premier league level loan or 2 could make the difference
Spot on. Let’s hope DK reflects in summer when we review. Lesson to learn, to be fair he he’s learnt some lessons and acted off field, so I’m hopeful.

Viktor17

Exactly why we need a couple of shit houses in summer -agree we are fragile, need a centre half or midfield who’s got circa 20 odd games in them and be a leader.
Not sure why we are cucking for a derisory league position. We've been right up there and lost 3 of our last 4 games in the fight for promotion at the crucial time. I get that there are some variables that have made things harder for us, but the reality is that we've caved and I wish people would stop making excuses.

We could have done with Kelly playing a bit more to offer some genuine leadership. The captaincy right through the pitch to our goalkeeper are fragile and weak, and we've been turned over by some pretty average to shit teams. It's poor and I think people have a right to be frustrated with what's happened.

pusbccfc

Kelly would have been torn to shreds yesterday. Under a press he would have struggled.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Kelly would have been torn to shreds yesterday. Under a press he would have struggled.

Given how shit our midfield have been in the last few games other than Eccles, I don't think he would have been much worse anyway. It's not really my point though. We're crying out for some leadership and our captain is weak. We've lost 3 from 4 at a crucial must win time of the season. It's piss poor.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

IMG_7791.png

Hincha

Predicted we'd finish 8th so happy with this transitional season. The FA Cup run has been a real bonus - albeit probably has harmed our league form.

If we start playing before November next season we'll comfortably be in the play offs next year for me. With a bigger, more settled squad this will hopefully be the case.

Hincha

No loan signings in Jan did make our task incredibly difficult. However, if we have an extra 1m-2m in the summer window instead I'm OK with us wanting to develop our own.

Not sure we would have got promoted with another 2 players anyway - think this squad needs longer to develop these young lads who can be inconsistent and another 5/6 players who can be trusted with regular minutes. Think we'll get them in the summer and make a real push.

ptr

Talking of loan signings, I’d still take Norton-Cuffy back.

For those that will say ‘he wasn’t that good’…neither were Sheaf and Gyokeres when they were on loan.

messiahrobins

It was always going to be a transitional season with the big turnaround in the squad.
We have repalced the Gyokeres and Hamer goals with Simms and Wright.
We have a squad of players we actually own (bar 1 loan) compared to last season.
Potential Top half finish.
FA Cup Semi Final.
I for one am encouraged by this season.
Yes, true to an extent although i am seeing worrying signs of big time charlie attitudes from some of these players that is a huge concern. There seems to be a pattern emerging of showing their best against the better opposition but then having the cuban cigars out against the dross and getting a spanking, Bham and Rotherham two good examples.
If that is an attitude within the squad, we wont be making play offs next season either. If Robins is seeing that some of this squad will be gone in the summer btw whom you may have thought would be long term propsects

shmmeee

If you get to ten games left and need to win 7 or 8 of them, you’ve fucked up already really. Yes we’ve been poor the last few, but it only really matters because we needed to win every game in the run in aside from the odd one against the top four.

SkyBlueMatt

We turned 1 mil into 20 because of a player who started as a loanee, its short sighted not to use the system. Hope you're right and he can see its benefits.
Completely different situation, we loaned because we couldn't afford to buy. A player who wasn't even playing for a Championship side. Is that the calibre of player that you'd be happy with now?? Would it bollocks.

The players that we want will be expensive loan PL players who we would never be able to afford to buy if they were successful.

Heads must roll for not bringing in loan players in January........

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

long way home

Building the squad on loans players is different than adding depth with loan players. Play off final we had 3 loans in the starting 11 and 2 coming on, with none of them signing with us after. They were all development loans which although successful for that side, didn't turn out successfully for the club.

The model that seems to be in place is the right one and allows us the time to add the pieces we need. We just need to be patient with the process and understand it's early in doors with Doug. It may be frustrating but it has to be done in stages and with the right players signed. Any loans should be experienced loans or loans to buy ie Sheaf. We cant go filling a squad with young loans that walk away and leave us trying to rebuild every year. Its all about building the business and allowing that extra income to trickle onto the field and infrastructure of the club.

Very early stages of the model, foundation has been laid lets just see what and how the layers are added. In time we will see and get to judge the path chosen.

clint van damme

Completely different situation, we loaned because we couldn't afford to buy. A player who wasn't even playing for a Championship side. Is that the calibre of player that you'd be happy with now?? Would it bollocks.

The players that we want will be expensive loan PL players who we would never be able to afford to buy if they were successful.

Heads must roll for not bringing in loan players in January........

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

But we don't always need to be looking to buy. We could use them just to bolster the squad in the finalfew months of the season.

and PL loans arent necessarily expensive, it depends on the cluband the conditions attached to the loan

Users who are viewing this thread