Performance Graph (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Looks like it has the potential to be a high points total this season to make the playoffs.

skybluesam66

Looks like it has the potential to be a high points total this season to make the playoffs.
not necessarily - teams always go through patches of form - I expect 73-74 points should be enough
we are currently targetting in that range so need to keep it up through to the end

SkyBlueSoul

Thought I'd only missed a few weeks but turns out it's been nearly 2 months! I'm sure you've all been at your wit's end without the updates... Doesn't make quite as pretty reading as it did, we seemed to have flatlined a little bit.

Luton.png

Nick

Administrator
I do like looking at these as they make sense!

I was expecting a ski slope but then realised the number of points can't go down although we may well go into the yellow zone :(

oucho

I'm on tenterhooks spending the season waiting for this to get updated every month!!!

Seriously I have no head for stats really...what's this telling us that we can't glean from the league table?

Fergusons_Beard

I'm on tenterhooks spending the season waiting for this to get updated every month!!!

Seriously I have no head for stats really...what's this telling us that we can't glean from the league table?

What it’s telling us is that we need at least 10
Wins in the last 13 odd games left to reach playoffs and 4 wins to be mathematically safe from relegation.

So close yet so far....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robbiekeane

It shows the trend lines for average points per game needed to land in a certain league position based on historical averages. You can then see how your form is trending against these

skybluesam66

if we could go on another 5 wins on the bounce we would have 55 points from 36 games - play offs would then be a possibility
if we lose 5 on the bounce league 2 would then look a probability

anything in between 3 - 12 points from the next 5 and league 1 looks a probability for next season

Captain Dart

One thing at a time. Lets get those 12 pts for safety in the bag first.

Mcbean

Excellent - what might be nice - not that i want you to put much work into it - is our progress last year by points rather than the straight line - might give people the idea of form dipping and rising through the season - pretty please !

fernandopartridge

Excellent - what might be nice - not that i want you to put much work into it - is our progress last year by points rather than the straight line - might give people the idea of form dipping and rising through the season - pretty please !

We are 4 points behind our total at this date in 2018 :

League 2 last season: P33, W15, D5, L12, F36, A27
League 1 now: P33, W13, D7, L13, F36, A37

Liquid Gold

It was around this time last year we were on that horrible run, about 5 points out of the playoffs and we were all depressed.

Mcbean

Yep but the graph would show the trend throughout last season - 4 points more but how did we get there last season ?

SkyBlueSoul

72a39e2a81818952f304982f70011f87.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Yep but the graph would show the trend throughout last season - 4 points more but how did we get there last season ?
In all seriousness, would last season's graph help? I'll leave it as a thumbnail so it doesn't get confused with the last update. This time last year we'd just drawn 1-1 with Mansfield after 3 defeats which I think most of us see as the catalyst for our run to the play-offs.

Attachments

• 2017:2018.png
    2017:2018.png
    852.2 KB · Views: 41

Mcbean

In all seriousness, would last season's graph help? I'll leave it as a thumbnail so it doesn't get confused with the last update. This time last year we'd just drawn 1-1 with Mansfield after 3 defeats which I think most of us see as the catalyst for our run to the play-offs.
Ok beaten into submission by the sloth :)

MalcSB

Yes, last year we had 2 poor runs, this year we have had 4. So many of those games we could have come out with some points.

Captain Dart

Bump :)

Captain Dart

I’m afraid I won’t be able to update until the Peterborough game. Working away until Saturday :(
Lets hope the form line ends up even nearer that yellow line. :)

Users who are viewing this thread