people turning on the team today is an embarrassment (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

This site is where we debate and of course we don't all agree with each other. . .otherwise it would be boring!

I've been to a game full of booing and slagging off the team. Same team who have been on a fantastic run and who a week ago people were praising like 11 messi's

If I want to be called a w@nker ccfc92,for stating what actually happened today, I would go out in cov on a sat night.

I agree that it wasnt a bad performance, and not saying it is. But saying to people oh it doesn't matter, will make people more wound up. I know it was an unlucky day, and on another day, we would have won by 5 goals, but after the run we have been on, to lose against shrewsbury, its hard to take

Brighton Sky Blue

People are slagging the team off out of pure frustration at the result against a God awful team. It's heat of the moment stuff and I wouldn't read too much into it.

coundonskyblue

Can't have it both ways.

Your asking fans to be passionate about the team, but then expecting them not to be frustrated when we lose at home to Shrewsbury.

coop

we played well created loads of chances and got done by a sucker punch pissed off but ill get over it . only thing for me today was robins leaving two of the worst players.on the park on baker and mcg imo

H

Harry Grout

Nothing new here, the City have been doing this for years. Excellent run of results, bigger crowd all expecting us to roll over a supposedly poor team who have a wily old Manager. You could almost have predicted the result. Even the great JH had these games and it took him a while to turn things round.

It's all part of being a Cov fan. The season doesn't end today, it's one bad result in the last twelve or so. Time to look at the bigger picture and be ready for the next league game.

PUSB

ccfcrob

We could have stayed out there til midnight and the ball still wouldnt have gone it doesnt matter its football shit happens if someone would have told me where we are now in the leaguebafter the Bury gane i would have laughed in their face

skybluesteve76

Nothing new here, the City have been doing this for years. Excellent run of results, bigger crowd all expecting us to roll over a supposedly poor team who have a wily old Manager. You could almost have predicted the result. Even the great JH had these games and it took him a while to turn things round.

It's all part of being a Cov fan. The season doesn't end today, it's one bad result in the last twelve or so. Time to look at the bigger picture and be ready for the next league game.

PUSB

We haven't been doing this for years tho have we!? That's the point.

H

Harry Grout

We haven't been doing this for years tho have we!? That's the point.

In terms of putting a good run together, expectation building with the fans leading to bigger crowds, only to fail on the big stage, yes. We've seen it happen so many times over the years, usually against the so called weaker teams.

Much as we'd love to win every game, it ain't going to happen, Robins has said as much himself. My point was to accept that the odd crippler will come along and hit us, the bigger picture is to look where we are likely to be come the end of the season.

PUSB

wal3590

For the first time today I disagreed with a few of Robins' decisions..

When fleck went off injured I would have brought bailey on, think he just gets us playing by sitting and spraying the ball about, by bringing Clarke on it meant changing the system that has been so rewarding for us, especially after just 60 minutes! Also I was shocked Elliott didnt get some kind of appearance after his brace on sat, that could really crush his confidence, and when we needed a goal surely a lad who bagged two in his last game deserves a chance?

Grendel

All those claiming its Robins who has turned the team around, when in actuallity its been DM's ability to score virtually every game!

So are you saying that any manager that has a player who had scored 35% of the goals scored is poor?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

So are you saying that any manager that has a player who had scored 35% of the goals scored is poor?

I wouldn't even debate that post if I was you, you're wasting your time. Clear for all to see the guys a complete idiot!

BurbageSkyBlues

For the first time today I disagreed with a few of Robins' decisions..

When fleck went off injured I would have brought bailey on, think he just gets us playing by sitting and spraying the ball about, by bringing Clarke on it meant changing the system that has been so rewarding for us, especially after just 60 minutes! Also I was shocked Elliott didnt get some kind of appearance after his brace on sat, that could really crush his confidence, and when we needed a goal surely a lad who bagged two in his last game deserves a chance?

Was thinking similarly to your points, to which I would add that DMG looked a bit out of it today; it might have been better to start with Elliott, then replace him with DMG then maybe introduce Clarke later on?

sussexshark

Keeping things in perspective

Sorry if I repeat this from the match thread... but you've probably moved on from that thread now.

I call this: Perspective:

I can understand the disappointment of a blip in such a good run, but it still shouldn't cloud the amazing turnaround in Coventry's fortune since MR arrived, and the pride that has been restored.

I was at the earlier fixture between the two sides when Shrewsbury ran Coventry ragged, which ironically was the catalyst in setting into motion the events that have have restored Coventry's fortunes.

And BrightonSkyBlue, I think the defeat is colouring your view of Shrewsbury, as "one of the worst sides they have ever played". From the commentary it sounded as though they played their part in an entertaining game that produced almost 40 shots at goal and one that was played in a good spirit. Even you said that they could have had 5 goals! Not what you would expect from "a poor side."

Shrewbury's manager Graham Turner has had to combat the difficulties of playing in a higher league, having lost four of the stars of their promotion team: Sharps, Collins, Wroe and Cansdell-sheriff, but whose results have not been a fair reflection of their performances. On Boxing day, the Brentford Manager, Uwe Rosler, praised Shrewsbury for having fought out two evenly matched draws at home and away, claiming that they were the equal of his side in both games. And they are now on a run of just one defeat in eight games.

Now just as that 4-1 defeat at Shrewsbury galvanised the good run that has seen the SkyBlues rise from relegation candidates to promotion hopefuls, so maybe this setback against the same side will set them off on another good run, starting with the luxury of being big underdogs at White Hart lane, through into two mid table supremacy games against Preston and Carlisle... and then taking on clear leaders Tranmere at the Ricoh in a fortnight: a match that could show exactly what your aspirations should be.

A side that has gone almost two months unbeaten does not turn into a bad side because of one unexpected defeat. In fact it may be a blessing by keeping Coventry's feet on the ground and make them work harder. The next two months will be key. Losing to Shrewsbury is better than losing to Tranmere, Brentford, Swindon and the other promotion contenders, as those games will be six pointers, whereas although I expect Shrewbury to rise to mid table, they are unlikely to trouble the leaders.

As it seems, David McG will be leaving, it creates a big void that his prolific scoring feats have filled, but Stephen Elliot will be hungry to do just that, as his performance at MK showed. The midfield today may not have been as robust as in recent weeks... but there was enough creativity to conjure up 20 goal efforts, which was twice as many as in the home match against Preston. ten days ago.

Doubtless MR will be noting his options in the transfer window, but I think that the squad you have is good enough to mount a serious promotion charge. You had a great two month run before today's loss to Shrewsbury; another two months undefeated will have you all singing again.

So then perhaps all of you will be toasting Shrewsbury again for giving you a boot up the backside... even you, BrightonSkyBlue!

Brighton Sky Blue

They were made to look good sharky boy. It's a City specialty to make any side look like world beaters. Shrewsbury went as far as to set up an open goal for us and we still contrived to feck it up. Should've been a cricket score had anyone's shooting boots been on.

Grendel

I hope there are takers for Malaga, bell, Barton, fleck, Hussey, McDonald and o'donovan and we are allowed to send brown and ball ball back. Then we can start again and hopefully push on. We cannot have so many squad players on high wages that are nowhere near good enough.

Covstu

Today we lost due to piss poor finishing (or unfortunate luck take your pick). From the moment sheffs shot hit the bar and keeper and out I knew it wasn't going to be our day. We could have had at least 5 or 6 clear chances to score but failed. They played a shrewd game against us which worked but I do question our second half tactics in particular; who deep moussa played, the move from attacking from the left to the right for starters!!

this was a game we should have won but didn't, I am not worried about this result in isolation however the home form is worrying the shit out of me!!!

Macca

I think it is the occasion that was a disappointment more than anything else. Sod's law. On a great run, scoring lots if goals,winnable home game, one of the biggest fixture dates if the year, much bigger crowd..... Fail. Always the way.

Won t make much of a difference in the greater scheme if things and hey we ve had a lot if unexpected points recently

mark82

I hope there are takers for Malaga, bell, Barton, fleck, Hussey, McDonald and o'donovan and we are allowed to send brown and ball ball back. Then we can start again and hopefully push on. We cannot have so many squad players on high wages that are nowhere near good enough.

Would keep Bell, Barton & Fleck but otherwise agree. The only way Robins will be allowed to bring players in is to move some of the above on.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
its one game, it is not a crisis.

we wont win every game or even only draw the ones we don't win.

we are still on a good run and playing decent football

not so long ago we couldn't buy a win, couldn't score home or away ............ now we lose one every so often, have one game where we do not score and it is a crisis, the manager is not so good, we rely on one player and the team is poor ..... really ?

get a grip :facepalm:

Chinny_Hill

Like a poster alluded to earlier I guess its all about opinion. Mine is that we were by far the better team today, and played entertaining football for the level we are at. I go back a fair way following the club, but also have enough of a footballing brain to be able to detach the frustration of losing and ending the run we are on from the reality that we are truly making progress and will continue to do so this year. For a good number of our "fans" a defeat will always bring on a bout of backlash, but looking around me a good number of these "fans" have never kicked a ball and have little to form their opinions on as a result.

PUSB

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Can't have it both ways.

Your asking fans to be passionate about the team, but then expecting them not to be frustrated when we lose at home to Shrewsbury.

Maybe the point being that if people put as much effort in showing their passion and getting behind the team rather than using all their energy on the negatives then this would help the team, especially at home.

We have been on a great run but very few teams go a season without loosing and so it was bound to come to an end at some point. We played some good football in spells today, created lots of chances and on another day might have won 3 or 4-0.

The atmosphere was poor again today despite the recent run of form and the fairly bright start by city. As soon as there is a stray pass or missed shot the groaners are out. We loose a game and suddenly half the team isn't good enough anymore.

I was disappointed that we lost today obviously but it is one game in a whole season. After the strides we have made under robins are we going to allow one defeat to railroad our season by berating the players.

Showing frustration / disappointment is different to focusing on the negatives and ignoring the positives in todays game.

I couldn't believe the booing at the end of the game. Are we basically saying that we will only get behind team when they are scoring and winning but as soon as things don't go for them they are on their own?

Moff

Like a poster alluded to earlier I guess its all about opinion. Mine is that we were by far the better team today, and played entertaining football for the level we are at. I go back a fair way following the club, but also have enough of a footballing brain to be able to detach the frustration of losing and ending the run we are on from the reality that we are truly making progress and will continue to do so this year. For a good number of our "fans" a defeat will always bring on a bout of backlash, but looking around me a good number of these "fans" have never kicked a ball and have little to form their opinions on as a result.

PUSB

Totally agree with your post.

I thought we were the better team, created numerous chances of which we should have scored a hatful and of which we didnt due to either woeful finishing, great defending or pure bad luck, and that this was just one of those games, and in the scheme of things we are moving onwards and upwards and will continue to do so.

Shrewsbury played their part by also creating chances, but resorted too often to hoofball, and were one of the most cynical timewasting teams I have seen for many years.

Grendel

covcity4life

we didnt play well

but we made alot of chances

mark of a good team?

keep making chances and we will score again, gotta hope for another run now

torchomatic

It's always a problem that. People's expectations are sky high. Football teams lose sometimes, big deal. We should have won yesterday but we didn't but we played well and created chances.

Booing at the game was ridiculous, though some will claim not to have heard it....:thinking about:

I'm reading the thoughts of the 'fans' today slagging off the team and negative comments,

With the run we've been on its a bloody joke and its embarrassing to support cov with the idiots like this who support us

this is football people and this is what can happen.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread