Penalty and red card (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Saw something posted online about a penalty and red card that we should have had at the end of the first half today.
I Didn’t see or notice anything at the game. Anyone watch it on telly and know what happened?

skyblueinswansea

Waghorn strangled from a great cross in but var maybe a pen but never a red card 😀

I think it’s more the challenge on o’hare, looked like as the ball was whipped in, their centre half struck him in the face. I can see why ref missed it, however wouldn’t have got past VAR in my opinion

PVA

3 possible penalties:

Waghorn being grabbed when going for a header
O’Hare slapped in the face
Handball in the second half

skybluegod

To be fair it wasn't a handball offence in the second half. Didn't make his body unnaturally bigger, would have been very harsh under the new ruling.

Also think waghorn was looking for the push first half.

Definetley a slap on O'Hare, I suspect there will be a ban there

stay_up_skyblues

To be fair it wasn't a handball offence in the second half. Didn't make his body unnaturally bigger, would have been very harsh under the new ruling.

Also think waghorn was looking for the push first half.

Definetley a slap on O'Hare, I suspect there will be a ban there

I was far away from it, but it appeared very similar to the handball he gave them first half when their guy kicked it at Waghorn and it hit his hand. That was obviously not in the box but as with certain fouls it seems two different rules being applied depending on the area of the pitch.

skybluegod

I was far away from it, but it appeared very similar to the handball he gave them first half when their guy kicked it at Waghorn and it hit his hand. That was obviously not in the box but as with certain fouls it seems two different rules being applied depending on the area of the pitch.

Don't remember the waghorn incident tbh, but as an overall point the level of refereeing at this level still has a huge amount of inconsistentcy, it's a bloody hard job for them mind you

stay_up_skyblues

Don't remember the waghorn incident tbh, but as an overall point the level of refereeing at this level still has a huge amount of inconsistentcy, it's a bloody hard job for them mind you

It was a nothing incident really, he wasn’t through on goal, but he made his point to the ref quite passionately (I presume that he felt it was unintentional - which it was). Very similar to the penalty that wasn’t.

Hobo

Wasn't much in Waghorn incident and seemed to be looking for it.

Handball player was turning away from ball trying to take it on chest. Ball to upper arm rather than arm to ball. Not a pen in my book.

Slap to O'Hare face was a pen and a red. As Forrest player used right arm to come across his own chest to slap O'Hare would be hard to spot if ref was viewing from behind both players? But in fairness I don't know what position the ref was in?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Wasn't much in Waghorn incident and seemed to be looking for it.

Handball player was turning away from ball trying to take it on chest. Ball to upper arm rather than arm to ball. Not a pen in my book.

Slap to O'Hare face was a pen and a red. As Forrest player used right arm to come across his own chest to slap O'Hare would be hard to spot if ref was viewing from behind both players? But in fairness I don't know what position the ref was in?
I felt the handball was one of those ones that get given. The team who it happens for would deffo be annoyed at not getting it, but you’d be fuming if it was given against you

SkyBlueMatt

It was a definite red card for Bong.

I felt the handball was one of those ones that get given. The team who it happens for would deffo be annoyed at not getting it, but you’d be fuming if it was given against you

It looked a penalty regarding the handball. Then again like you say other way around I would be saying completely the opposite!

Luckily, neither incident cost us in the end so it's much easier to forget about. These decisions usually even themselves out over the season so thats one in the bank for us.

the rumpo kid

Forest fans think we are a dirty side , hammer should have been sent off and the only way we could deal with them was to kick lumps out of them ? What were they watching.?

shmmeee

Forest fans think we are a dirty side , hammer should have been sent off and the only way we could deal with them was to kick lumps out of them ? What were they watching.?

Must’ve had the colours switched on their TV. Speaking of Hamer they were lucky to just get a yellow when they hacked him down from behind IMO.

And about half their team should’ve been sent off on double yellows for time wasting. Bunch of shit housing wankers.

D

Deleted member 4439

No big deal, he can skip round players with his eyes closed anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread