Paul Fletcher (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
After the book thread, I just bought his book on the Kindle for £4.99.

Went straight to the ccfc chapter and wasn't expecting it to be so damning.

He explains about the Tesco stuff as well.

"It was clear there was no love lost between the council and Football club, the hostility was obvious"

"The football club is effectively in a straight jacket. I did once wonder what the council's attitude to the football club was"

"I'm 2007 asked about giving the 1987 team the freedom of the city. Told with a blunt "no".

"It made me wonder even more if Coventry city council actually really valued their final club"

Also gives examples of working with councils at other clubs.

"I became the football clubs managing director, from that moment on I was as good as working against the city council in trying to safeguard the football clubs best interests"

Evo1883

Crazy. I sent that to anti sisu mate and he responded with

Paul Fletcher a knob and sisu lost in court

Oh my

Your friend sounds like he's prepared to listen
giphy.gif

covcity4life

Does he realise this was before sisu were here?
Yup but Paul Fletcher was a knob so it's ok

Also wasps need ccfc here so havnt lied. NDA is business and proven to be right in court

Also bscks any tactic to get sisu out so actually admits dont care if council corrupt

shepardo01

Yup but Paul Fletcher was a knob so it's ok

Also wasps need ccfc here so havnt lied. NDA is business and proven to be right in court

Also bscks any tactic to get sisu out so actually admits dont care if council corrupt
Why is he your mate??
Bet he reads the Coventry Telegraph and is on the City Facebook group- and they are his only methods of gaining news around CCFC? ??

jim20

Wow, if the club had just got their share of the profit from the Tesco deal, everything would have been so different. They were well and truly screwed over by the council

covcity4life

I think they just see CCFC as their cash cow, they hate Sisu because they've tried to get their greasy paws out of the club.
Such a dumb way to about it. Lose so much matchday money for cov community in hope they sell us. Could take abother decade!

I might even buy a round foe my.matesif thid Warwick stadium goes ahead.

Soon as back in cov district I left my wallet at home of course

cc84cov

The Council are scum who don’t give a shit about the football club we all know that

I’m glad finally people are opening their eyes & seeing them for what they are this will only snowball now more & more people will begin to see this and turn on them

Philosorapter

I do have a few questions here.

Who was leaders of the Council when this was happening?

From what I can understand by the text, the Council took the income of the shopping complex away from CCFC because the funding was not there from CCFC.

Was there any other board members or benefactors of CCFC who stepped down or left the board around this time, or a bit earlier?

What has happened to the income from the shopping complex?

I am sure someone quoted this income as being worth £2 million a year to the club.

Just trying to fill in the dots.

Last edited:

djr8369

Thanks for sharing Nick. Very interesting. All very well saying vote them out but it never seems to happen, or maybe the issues are too entrenched and there are just too many in the council who have the same view?

Maybe we can launch some kind of guerrilla campaign to help, a la Led by Donkeys, or something.

wingy

I do have a few questions here.

Who was leaders of the Council when this was happening?

From what I can understand by the text, the Council took the income of the shopping complex away from CCFC because the funding was not there from CCFC.

Was there any other board members or benefactors of CCFC who stepped down or left the board around this time, or a bit earlier?

What has happened to the income from the shopping complex?

I am sure someone quoted this income as being worth £2 million a year to the club.

Just trying to fill in the dots.
As far as I recall there was a Dutch company involved somewhere?
May have been involved with the land cleaning , think they may have taken some of the financial benefit.
Think it was a Spanish bank pulling out that exposed us to vultures.

Colin Steins Smile

Vote who out? Aren't these things decided at full cabinet meetings by everybody?
Both Labour and Conservatives have backed the decisions relating to CCFC. To elicit change there needs to be a pro-CCFC candidates standing across the city in the next local elections. If a few of those we elected and there was a balance of power issue between the two main parties...that might influence attitudes to the club.
I'm not holding my breath on this!

Flying Fokker

We need a ‘White Knight’. No not a racist dumbf*** but someone who can rescue the club from years of pathetic posturing from people in meetings.

Fletcher would surely have known that the relationship was adversarial when he worked for ACL? Another ego in the mix of our misfortune.

Nick

Administrator
We need a ‘White Knight’. No not a racist dumbf*** but someone who can rescue the club from years of pathetic posturing from people in meetings.

Fletcher would surely have known that the relationship was adversarial when he worked for ACL? Another ego in the mix of our misfortune.

Yeah, there's a bit in there saying when he started with ACL the council harassed him and made it difficult for CCFC. Then he goes to work for CCFC and was still dealing with the same stuff.

Bumberclart

I've said it all along, Fletcher was a good bloke who got wrapped up in other peoples mistakes.
He did a fantastic job at Huddersfield and was certainly the driving force which led to the new ground and the agreements with Kirklees Council.

All of our issues stem back to McGinnity and Richardson. Anyone who was on the board at that time has blood on their hands.

Bumberclart

I think he's a Bolton fan, He certainly played for Burnley in his younger years.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It would be great if someone who knows a bit about who was involved from the council and how to vote them out could put together a quick guide of what us folk not so much in the know can follow. We can then target our voting at the next elections or whatever to really make them unstuck and get the right people out of office.

Their behaviour is totally unacceptable and has been for a long time. Even some of the tweets I have seen this week are quite unsavoury.

steve cooper

As far as I recall there was a Dutch company involved somewhere?
May have been involved with the land cleaning , think they may have taken some of the financial benefit.
Think it was a Spanish bank pulling out that exposed us to vultures.
HBG, now called BAM Nuttal I believe

Users who are viewing this thread