Transfer Rumour Panzo coming back? (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Can’t understand the play-off “howler” talk, it was handball and should have been seen immediately by the referee and linesman.
It’s the horrible error by Panzo that leads to that, he had a bit of good fortune for sure.

These things happen though, players are only human, he hadn’t played a lot, was probably very nervous, and in a position where you’re very exposed if you dawdle on the ball.

As others have said, great on a permanent, less arsed about a loan.

Saddlebrains

Never seen a defender get caught under the ball so much from the diagonal as Panzo.

Soon as he had someone on his outside snd the ball was coming over its like he lost all sense of spatial awareness and balance, absolute all over the shop. Cant actually remember him disposessing someone in a one on one either.

Decent in the air, blocking and bringing the ball out, but its a no from me

David O'Day

Never seen a defender get caught under the ball so much from the diagonal as Panzo.

Soon as he had someone on his outside snd the ball was coming over its like he lost all sense of spatial awareness and balance, absolute all over the shop. Cant actually remember him disposessing someone in a one on one either.

Decent in the air, blocking and bringing the ball out, but its a no from me
Utter nonsense

Bennettbarnet

Can’t understand the play-off “howler” talk, it was handball and should have been seen immediately by the referee and linesman.
Well, some of us didn't see it at the time either, hence the despair.

And although in hindsight it was a clear handball, it was very poor defending where our last man has lunged in after being caught off balance. If he misses the ball or it ricochetes off his chest instead of his hand, people's views on him would be a lot worse than they are now.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Panzo would be a great addition.

Technically very good and comfortable on the ball. He is a solid defender and actually showed in several games last year he’s a very good defender and is capable of dominating opposing players.

He loses concentration and is clearly a confidence player. Both things that we can work on with him here on a perm.

Rounds off our defensive options really well.

Brighton Sky Blue

If he’s the best LCB we can get on a permanent basis with the remaining funds available then sure, but I don’t think he is. If we went in for him, then he must have been.

slowpoke

We have Luis Binks not seen him play properly yet just 30minutes at Exeter, but we have him, McFadz, Thomas and Joel L plus Bidwell who can fill in if necessary okay to kick-off with imo.
I’m sure as we speak our recruitment team are scurrying about looking at CBs and might yet come up with another out of the blue unknown like Haji Wright Wright Wright.

Offhegoes

Would be very happy if panzo is the last addition to CB group
I liked Panzo. He was very good up until that Wrexham game, when he was switched to the centre of the back 3. Everyone had a shocker that day (Moore, Burroughs & Kelly were worst offenders than Panzo IMO). Then he got injured, and Doyle got his place back and hardly put a foot wrong. If he arrives on a permanent and is fighting it out with Brinks for the LCB position I'd be very happy with that.

slowpoke

I still think if we go for another CB it will be one more suited for the central roll of the three eventually replacing McFadzeen.

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought this was dead in the water… Surely we would have signed him by now if we were interested.

Permanent deal, I’d be up for it but a loan seems like a half measure.

Levship20

I thought this was dead in the water… Surely we would have signed him by now if we were interested.

Permanent deal, I’d be up for it but a loan seems like a half measure.
Sat back and now seems Forest want a sale! Make a cheeky bid? Why not… but wouldn’t pay the £2m he was rumoured to be going to Rangers for.

Hod dog

If we sign him on a permanent i will be very happy with that, he is a good player, only didnt play more because he had a future England International in front of him in Callum Doyle.

oddly though i do not have the same interest if only a loan though

AOM

I'd have him back if it's permanent, thought he was good alongside an experienced player like McFadzean and his form dropped once McFadzean was out.
He then couldn't get back in the team ahead of Doyle.

If on loan, ideally it would be only be if it somehow was with a view to become permanent afterwards

vow

Not for me...... unfortunately.

Really think he went downhill after the Wrexham result.

Looked like a rabbit in headlights at times, no composure, distribution was terrible at times giving the ball straight to the opposition a lot and that was way before the playoff final.

To be clear, I'm normally behind most of MR signings and think there could be a player in there with coaching but I think we'd best give this one a swerve.

Jamesimus

If you rate him or not, that's fair enough it's all opinions. He is capable of lapses of concentration. However, there are people in the thread saying he's technically not very good. That's daft. He's really good on the ball and bringing the ball out.

I'm not sure if the lapses of concentration thing is something that could be sorted though.

vow

He's really good on the ball and bringing the ball out.
initially early on in his loan yes, but then started gifting the opposition the ball, not want you want from a ball carrying centre back tbf.

Hertsccfc

It's a difficult one. Lots of ability. He's quick, strong and pretty good on the ball so has the attributes of a top defender. But he does make a lot of mistakes. I guess it all hinges on whether the management team think they can coach him into being more consistent. If so, he could become a very decent player in a few years time.

Jamesimus

initially early on in his loan yes, but then started gifting the opposition the ball, not want you want from a ball carrying centre back tbf.

Yeah that's fair, that's just errors. But what I was mainly getting at is that he's clearly a skillful player. Whether he can cut out the mistakes is another matter.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread