Transfer Rumour Panzo coming back? (3 Viewers)

mark82

Think maybe reading too much into it. That said, if it was a permanent wouldn't be against it.

covcity4life

Like I said before i hope this one happens. He knows his cameo wasn't good. But it was just that. He's got all the attributes to put it together. Only reason he was on bench was cos Doyle was amazing Infront of him for LCB. Now might be his time to shine.

pusbccfc

No reason for Forest to keep hold of him.

Would he a great permanent signing.

skybluepm2

I definitely think there’s something in this, especially with the club and Palmer’s response.

Robins was after him for ages so it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we’d signed him permanently. He didn’t get a lot of game time after Christmas, when he had a run in the side beforehand, he was pretty solid. Someone who I think will improve and become a quality cb. Has age on his side too. 🤞🏻

David O'Day

We could do worse at LCB, it was the plan to play him more there but they were surprised at how good Doyle actually ended up being.

shepardo01

If we want to progress, we can't really be going for downgrades on what we had this year (Doyle). It is the job of recruitment to be scouring the market for a Doyle replacement (difficult), rather than settling for Panzo. Unless he's agreeing that he'll be happy to be part of the squad.

shmmeee

There was a point where he was the only outfield player to play in every clean sheet IIRC. He got injured and Doyle came into his own when Fadz came back, but Panzo still got minutes ahead of Rose.

skybluepm2

We certainly need 4 or 5 top quality centre backs imo. Having Panzo and McNally alongside Fadz would keep the continuity and familiarity of knowing how one another play and what Robins expects.

Will Fadz have yet another top quality season? I wouldn’t put it past him but he isn’t getting any younger and there may come a time where he isn’t able to play Saturday/Tuesday consistently.

CBS16

I'd take him permanent if it's low cost, there's big potential but he had some absolute stinkers

Great_Expectations

I like Panzo.

When he came on at Wembley I said to my mate ‘he’s a good player, but he has mistake in him’ - and then he did exactly that!

With some consistent game time and you’d hope confidence, I think he can be a good player for us - and critically cut out some of the mistakes.

Popular member of the squad and some continuity in a summer of change.

fernandopartridge

If we want to progress, we can't really be going for downgrades on what we had this year (Doyle). It is the job of recruitment to be scouring the market for a Doyle replacement (difficult), rather than settling for Panzo. Unless he's agreeing that he'll be happy to be part of the squad.
We can't progress and consolidate that progress relying on loans in key positions to be honest, for that reason I wouldn't be against Panzo as a permanent signing. It would be incredibly difficult to find another loanee that represents an upgrade on Doyle who is at the dominant club in British and probably European football.

larry_david

My memory might be tricking me but didn't an 'itk' say we were trying to sign Panzo on a perm deal and that's why the transfer took so long and we settled on a loan? I'm sure it was the missing presumed dom hyam skybluebeliever and the general hint was it was nearly almost done as a permanent move but they ran out of time so went loan.

If my memory is right, I'm pretty sure it will happen

Winny the Bish

Wouldn’t be surprised at all. Long term target, Forest don’t really need him, and it’s not easy to find decent left footed CB’s.

He is an ersatz Doyle, but we all consider Doyle a potential England player so it’s hard not to be in comparison.

Happy_Martian

Panzo had as many good moments as horrendous ones. And you can't compare him to Doyle. Doyle came to us on the back of almost a full season at Sunderland in a competitive league. Panz had only played 25 games in the previous 2 1/2 years in France when he arrived. So not even close to being at his best.

If he were to be loaned back (or we try and buy him), a full preseason and the chance to cement the CB role permanently instead of sharing with another loanee, I think we'd have another gem in our squad.

AOM

I'd have him back if possible.
Think he performed best alongside McFadzean and then fell out of form when Fadz was injured and there wasn't an experienced head next to him, from what I remember

Happy_Martian

Unlike Doyle, Panzo never really recovered from his ropey spell. Can't get excited at the thought of him at CB I'm afraid, he gives me the heebie jeebies.

Unlike Doyle, Panzo scored for us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread