Transfer Rumour Panzo coming back? (3 Viewers)

Martin180

I think he lost confidence for a spell then lost his place. I think he has ability but I'd only sign him permanently not on loan
I wouldn't , we've moved on and are recruiting better than at this stage last season . Panzo was ultimately a bad loan and didn't really offer anything for the second half of the season

Martin180

he was really good at times as well

just because because our young player of the year was better doesn't mean he wasn't good
I think if we're getting another lcb it needs to be a more experienced player as when Fadz is out our back line is very young

Martin180

Did you watch him on that great run we had pre World Cup!

he’s a good player
I was asking where the massive improvement was to come ?
He was athletic and physical but technically inept , improving that is difficult in the short term

Matt smith

Im saying I would take him , you asked if I would be opposed to it and I said I definitely wouldn't be
Please read the replies 😁
Yes I read them

you said you wanted experience ie no Panzo but you want humphries so you’ve contradicted yourself

I’m sorry that run we had pre World Cup Panzo was very good

I think people's perspective of Panzo is poisoned by a recency bias, particularly after what happened in the play-off final. He wasn't actually a bad player, he just fell out of form and was probably lacking in confidence after being displaced by Callum Doyle (who was class) in the latter half of the season. Realistically, as a left-footed CB around the age of 22-23, he currently fits our model of recruitment, and I think people have written him off far too soon. There's no doubt a decent player there imo. Definitely wouldn't mind having him back, especially for some much needed squad depth in the defensive department.
Alternatively, I also wouldn't mind taking a punt at Humphreys who would seem to offer some potentially similar qualities minus the trauma attached to Panzo due to that play-off incident

Martin180

Yes I read them

you said you wanted experience ie no Panzo but you want humphries so you’ve contradicted yourself
No you asked if I would take Humphries after I stated I would prefer an experienced player
I would absolutely take Humphries but worry about the age and experience of our back line without another older head

Matt smith

No you asked if I would take Humphries after I stated I would prefer an experienced player
I would absolutely take Humphries but worry about the age and experience of our back line without another older head
Panzo would be a great permanent addition, clear to see he has a great relationship with Adi too

David O'Day

I think people's perspective of Panzo is poisoned by a recency bias, particularly after what happened in the play-off final. He wasn't actually a bad player, he just fell out of form and was probably lacking in confidence after being displaced by Callum Doyle (who was class) in the latter half of the season. Realistically, as a left-footed CB around the age of 22-23, he currently fits our model of recruitment, and I think people have written him off far too soon. There's no doubt a decent player there imo. Definitely wouldn't mind having him back, especially for some much needed squad depth in the defensive department.
Alternatively, I also wouldn't mind taking a punt at Humphreys who would seem to offer some potentially similar qualities minus the trauma attached to Panzo due to that play-off incident
also in the play-off final if the Luton doesn't slam dunk the ball he's flicked over him and everything is fine

Users who are viewing this thread