Pace, pace and more pace! (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

:)14, 16, 17 whatever...we are splitting hairs...

My opinion is still merely that he was generally a shit player....yes he had one hot streak...

....but thats 1/2 a season in over a decade....a decade of shitness

Its not just me that thinks he shit...

..otherwise someone...anyone....please...somebody...would have signed him up....but no...not a single taker....why...cos hes shit!

Look how he progressed after Coventry & Barnsley decided he wasn't worth paying a wage....

As I said before......born off-side, shit touch, poor attitude......hence a shit career.:whistle:

lordsummerisle

:)14, 16, 17 whatever...we are splitting hairs...

My opinion is still merely that he was generally a shit player....yes he had one hot streak...

....but thats 1/2 a season in over a decade....a decade of shitness

Its not just me that thinks he shit...

..otherwise someone...anyone....please...somebody...would have signed him up....but no...not a single taker....why...cos hes shit!

Look how he progressed after Coventry & Barnsley decided he wasn't worth paying a wage....

As I said before......born off-side, shit touch, poor attitude......hence a shit career.:whistle:

To be fair we've gone from strength to strength since he left, so can see where you're coming from.

jimmyhillsfanclub

:claping hands::claping hands:

.....We'd be in the champions league if he & Wayne Andrews stuck around....

Tomh111

I honestly dont understand the born offside argument, his game was playing on the shoulder of the last defender which elevates the amount of times he will be causght offside as he looks to spring the defence?
Now I am not arguing that he didnt have an awful attitude but he was not an awful striker. He spent most of his career stuck out on the wing which was painful to watch him try and track back and tackle, but when he was up front he scored for fun.
Even when the goals did dry up his pace was a constant threat that led defences to focus on him and therefore fashion chances for our other players in the space he had drawn for them. There is more to being a striker than scoring goals, yes that is a big part, but pace is dangerous at all times as we are sadly finding out in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread