Pace, pace and more pace! (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

I said it at the start of the season and I will say it again and again until it changes we need someone in the side who is quick. Teams in this league are beating us physically they are fitter and faster than we are. What they lack in technique they more than make up for in physique, we need a pacey winger and a pacey striker and we need it fast just hope Robins can pull them out of somewhere.

stupot07

I believe he is a central midfielder though so cant see the issue here.

To quote Robins he's a utility player who also plays wide.. "Franck can play central or right-sided. He's got enough pace, he's tricky and can score so he gives us utility across the midfield.

We lack pace, especially wide attacking areas,...playing centrally he never gets forward enough to look like scoring, therefore his pace is ineffective

stupot07

Moussa stated himself that he wants to play in the centre

He may well have done, but I remember Waggot banging on about how all 3 candidates had stated we lack pace particularly in attacking wide areas......and it still hasn't been addressed.

LJC_CCFC

Well unless we r going to loan more players, we will have to wait til Jan. Tbf Mcgoldrick, Moussa, Reckord, Hussey and Christie despite not being lightning quick have a but of pace about them

stupot07

Well unless we r going to loan more players, we will have to wait til Jan. Tbf Mcgoldrick, Moussa, Reckord, Hussey and Christie despite not being lightning quick have a but of pace about them

Only one of them is an attacking player and even he drops deep 9 times out of 10. None of the, stretch defenses.

wingy

He may well have done, but I remember Waggot banging on about how all 3 candidates had stated we lack pace particularly in attacking wide areas......and it still hasn't been addressed.

So stick him wide ,I assume you mean right ,so Baker either goes left with Fleck center,and Bailey ,Henderson ,Jennings Barton fight it out.

Nunskyblue

Moussa hasn't shown any pace be it in centre mid or on the wing since he's been here. He did absolutely naff all today and was only the second worst midfielder today cause Baker was back to his woeful best.

stupot07

So stick him wide ,I assume you mean right ,so Baker either goes left with Fleck center,and Bailey ,Henderson ,Jennings Barton fight it out.

Fleck centre...god no he looked a liability when he went inside when Cody came on....it almost feels like we're trying to shoehorn players into the starting line up

WestEndAgro

Moussa hasn't shown any pace be it in centre mid or on the wing since he's been here. He did absolutely naff all today and was only the second worst midfielder today cause Baker was back to his woeful best.

He looks a really poor signing, no evidence of any pace or skill for that matter, very fortunate to be keeping his place in my opinion

italiahorse

Moussa stated himself that he wants to play in the centre

When I was a kid I wanted to play up front all the time. None of that midfield or defender crap. Goalkeeper, huh, no chance.
However when I got into a good local team I was told to play somewhere that the Manager thought I was good at. (In goals)
I argued that I wanted to play up front and guess what I was on the subs bench until my attitude changed.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Misfud may have been quick.......but he was also utter shite.

...Remember john "postie" Williams......another lightning quick but ultimately useless player.

ashbyjan

Mifsud wasn't crap - he was a decent player just not one who was as good as his agent convinced him he was. Delusions of grandeur by a greedy agent and a gullible player

jimmyhillsfanclub

I agree he had one hot streak where he scored a few.....

Hes City career stats are 16 goals from 86 appearances.

His career peaked at Coventry city. He was so good, we let him leave for nothing and no club paid any money to sign him ever again. He went on loan at Barnsley....who let his loan expire.....then not a single club in the world thought he was worth signing until he went home to that hot-bed of world football, Malta.

Some City fans remember him fondly cos he scored a few high profile goals in the league cup against Manure & Blackburn.....

I tend to remember his 2nd touch was often a tackle, he was always going missing for large chunks of games, he may as well have been born offside, & he had a shitty attitude.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

His career peaked at Coventry city. He was so good, we let him leave for nothing and no club paid any money to sign him ever again. He went on loan at Barnsley....who let his loan expire.....then not a single club in the world thought he was worth signing until he went home to that hot-bed of world football, Malta.

Some City fans remember him fondly cos he scored a few high profile goals in the league cup against Manure & Blackburn.....

I tend to remember his 2nd touch was often a tackle, he was always going missing for large chunks of games, he may as well have been born offside, & he had a shitty attitude.
Coleman ruined him by trying to turn him into a wide midfielder, I would guess the majority of his 16 goals came in the first 12 months under Dowie

Grendel

Coleman ruined him by trying to turn him into a wide midfielder, I would guess the majority of his 16 goals came in the first 12 months under Dowie

Didn't his decline co-incide with the selling of Adebola?

ricohman

The sale of Adebola and Coleman becoming manager were around the same time, personally I think the change of manager and change of position affected him more than the sale of Adebola

Your right, i remember him playing out wide 2nd season

lordsummerisle

Those figures are wrong for a start, he scored 17 goals for us in one season.

Wikipedia is not your friend.

lordsummerisle

If i remember correctly all 17 came in his 1st season all b4 jan

First full season, think about 16 that season BC(Before Coleman), and just the one after Coleman arrived that season in February.

Mind you, nobody really scored after Coleman arrived, useless Welsh twat.

lordsummerisle

Wrong.

His best ever return was 14 in all competitions for a whole season......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/13931/michael-mifsud?cc=5739

Apart from that "hot streak" he was shit.....as the rest of his career stats show.

Obviously that is all competitions excluding the League Cup, which would add another 4 goals to that, think two at both Carlisle and Man United.

So that would make it 18 that season, not 17 as I first thought.

Try using your brain before posting rubbish, may help stop you looking such an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread