Match Thread Oxford United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Oxford United vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

JulianDarbyFTW

I predict either a dull 0-0, or a depressing 2-1 defeat, either of which will be followed by a meltdown on here. Can't wait.

Sky Blue Harry H

I predict either a dull 0-0, or a depressing 2-1 defeat, either of which will be followed by a meltdown on here. Can't wait.

Hope you are wrong, as I can't see a 0-0 result. Think we will have to score twice to get a win, but you never know with us. Would like to see us try and assert ourselves away from home.

GaryJones

I am optimistic about this game.
Think we will win this one 2-0/2-1 and think Thomas might actually convert one of those shots he keeps missing.
Think Chaplin might start from the get-go along with JCH so really looking forward to it.
This is going to be the start of the upturn!
images

Nonleagueherewecome

Sky Blue Harry H

Keep out Holmes and Brown (the West Ham lad) and I think we'll win; if we don't, I'm hedging my bets.

Captain Dart

Liquid Gold

Maybe we could guess how many comments you will be able to make about the match? Probably appear on Tuesday posting some CET shite that everybody else knew about days before.
Nah, this one is on Sky he might bother to watch it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just read some of MR's comments on the Talk Sport interview, and he seems to have bought into the medium/longer term strategy of the club, which has to be good for us as supporters, and it makes me want to give him/the team more latitude in terms of 'achieving'. We are essentially a young team, with a handful of more experienced guys, and as a bunch of fans we really need to get behind them (see 'The booing thread!') rather than rip individuals to bits whenever we hit a bump in the road. Difficult to do, I know, and I am an optimist by nature, but let's try and spread a bit of positivity around, and get behind what the club is trying to achieve (with the obvious caveat of SISU out!)

fernandopartridge

Just read some of MR's comments on the Talk Sport interview, and he seems to have bought into the medium/longer term strategy of the club, which has to be good for us as supporters, and it makes me want to give him/the team more latitude in terms of 'achieving'. We are essentially a young team, with a handful of more experienced guys, and as a bunch of fans we really need to get behind them (see 'The booing thread!') rather than rip individuals to bits whenever we hit a bump in the road. Difficult to do, I know, and I am an optimist by nature, but let's try and spread a bit of positivity around, and get behind what the club is trying to achieve (with the obvious caveat of SISU out!)

Indeed. Despite being relatively success starved, we have a bizarre demand for instant success.

Nonleagueherewecome

I despise moose and think the majority of his opinions on Talk Sport are completely off the mark but that was a good interview have to admit.
Or it might just be that we've been spoilt with Geoff Foster....

Nick

Administrator
That must be Talksports plan, find clubs with awful local stations and swoop in to look like master journos because they can put a sentence together.

Users who are viewing this thread