Transfer Rumour Outgoings? (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I'm beginning to doubt if he ever will be 100% fit again and fear the injuries may well have taken their toll. Something is definitely not right with him and hasn't been for a while.

If this loanee is good enough to play regularly I'd love to be able to tell Dabo to just spend the rest of this season getting whatever needs fixing fixed properly and hope he'll be ready for pre-season training. If we keep rushing him back as we have done his career will be done before too long.

He is out of contract in the summer

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm beginning to doubt if he ever will be 100% fit again and fear the injuries may well have taken their toll. Something is definitely not right with him and hasn't been for a while.

If this loanee is good enough to play regularly I'd love to be able to tell Dabo to just spend the rest of this season getting whatever needs fixing fixed properly and hope he'll be ready for pre-season training. If we keep rushing him back as we have done his career will be done before too long.

Hard to see his contract being renewed. As I've mentioned either on this thread or another can't remember now but he'll be on a reasonable wage given he's got a promotion and a new contract under his belt since joining.

Equally I doubt he'll want to be a backup RWB and given his injury record over the past two season I'd imagine Robins will consider it a risk to rely on him as a consistent starter next season.

Probably best for both parties that he moves on in the summer.

Balli001

Everyone is talking about rebuilding in the summer window. My fear is that if Vik goes, that will be rebuilding from League 1. We need a couple of goal scorers in Jan. And terminate a few contracts if no-one wants to take them!

How do we pay off the contracts then?

shmmeee

Summer we could lose:

Hillsner
Dacosta
Bapaga
Dabo
Wilson
Kane
Kelly
Waghorn
Walker
Allen
Plus the 4 loanees.

That’s 15 out, 10 in from the squad as it stands. Leaving you with:

GK/Moore
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/Rose
CB/Fadz
CB
Hamer/CM
Sheaf/Eccles
Patterson/Palmer/O’Hare
ST/ST/Godden

Assuming the 9 who aren’t Patterson are of the right quality that would be fine and shouldn’t need a massive boost in wages.

NorthernWisdom

Summer we could lose:

Hillsner
Dacosta
Bapaga
Dabo
Wilson
Kane
Kelly
Waghorn
Walker
Allen
Plus the 4 loanees.

GK/Moore
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/Rose
CB/Fadz
CB
Hamer/CM
Sheaf/Eccles
Patterson/Palmer/O’Hare
ST/ST/Godden

Assuming the 9 who aren’t Patterson are of the right quality that would be fine and shouldn’t need a massive boost in wages.
Allen's contract runs to 2024

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He is out of contract in the summer
I think we've got an option for another year on top.

I was saying that ideally we could give him until the summer to sort out whatever the issue is, have a look at him at the end of the season and then choose whether to activate it or not. But we won;t have that luxury and will probably run him into the ground so he gets injured again and just let him leave.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Summer we could lose:

Hillsner
Dacosta
Bapaga
Dabo
Wilson
Kane
Kelly
Waghorn
Walker
Allen
Plus the 4 loanees.

GK/Moore
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/Rose
CB/Fadz
CB
Hamer/CM
Sheaf/Eccles
Patterson/Palmer/O’Hare
ST/ST/Godden

It turns me on when you lay out the squad like that.

Just goes to show if we can offload the deadwood, we can get things looking decent with a bit of planning.

blunted

Injuries are a killer...see Jodi Jones. It remains to be seen if Dabo, Kelly, Godden, Waghorn, Tavares, O'hare, Walker, Eccles, Fadz and Godden can come back to an acceptable level for a top six finish in the next two seasons. Short termism should be reserved for politicians not football teams. I think saying players are not good enough as they try to get their fitness levels up is totally unfair and displays a poor understanding of football. We have been decimated by injuries this season. Give these guys a break. Some will come back stronger others will fall by the wayside, but constant criticism of players trying to get back up to speed is unreasonable.

Hobo

It turns me on when you lay out the squad like that.

Just goes to show if we can offload the deadwood, we can get things looking decent with a bit of planning.

You would imagine that it would be hard to replace some of those with worse?

The first three didnt get anywhere near establishing themselves in the first team..

Grendel

Injuries are a killer...see Jodi Jones. It remains to be seen if Dabo, Kelly, Godden, Waghorn, Tavares, O'hare, Walker, Eccles, Fadz and Godden can come back to an acceptable level for a top six finish in the next two seasons. Short termism should be reserved for politicians not football teams. I think saying players are not good enough as they try to get their fitness levels up is totally unfair and displays a poor understanding of football. We have been decimated by injuries this season. Give these guys a break. Some will come back stronger others will fall by the wayside, but constant criticism of players trying to get back up to speed is unreasonable.

We aren’t a registers charity for sick footballers

JimmyHillsbeard

Definitely had worse players but he just wasn’t upto standard!

We’ll always have that cross-cum-shot at Bournemouth last season to remember him by

Sadly after Bournemouth he spent the rest of his time on the pitch trying to prove that his goal wasn’t a fluke.

PVA

What's so funny @Grendel, don't you think Kane is 5th choice?

Or just a little embarrassed that one of the few players you championed has turned out to be a flop?

Grendel

Or just a little embarrassed that one of the few players you championed has turned out to be a flop?

He’s fifth choice? Whose ahead of him again? It’s worth noting you got terribly excited about the non entity from C Palace who you believed was better than Bidwell

Grendel

i also of course championed Gyokeres when you preferred Biamou and rated Gyokeres alongside Hillsner and Da Costa?

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s fifth choice? Whose ahead of him again? It’s worth noting you got terribly excited about the non entity from C Palace who you believed was better than Bidwell
abandon your posts.gif
Kenny Jackett - Pompey fans would snap your hand off for an exchange. They can't stand him.

Yet he has a 52% win ratio

See don’t like it do you - check his record out

He managed Millwall and created a survival mentality

PVA

Norton Cuffy
Dabo
Eccles
Burroughs
Kane

5th choice

I never said Adamarola was better than Bidwell. Why do you make stuff up when you get called out? You can give it but you sure as hell can't take it 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

Someone is excited
I don't think Denethor is excited in that scene. But I do wonder why you bring up other people's bad takes, whether they made them or not, when you have called for Robins to be sacked countless times and said we should bring in Jackett to replace him. Who went on to be sacked twice in less than a year after you posted.

PVA

I don't think Denethor is excited in that scene. But I do wonder why you bring up other people's bad takes, whether they made them or not, when you have called for Robins to be sacked countless times and said we should bring in Jackett to replace him. Who went on to be sacked twice in less than a year after you posted.

Exactly this 😂 Don't know why he acts all superior when he made arguably the worst take of anyone. That will never be topped. Kenny Jackett ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread