Transfer Rumour Outgoings? (1 Viewer)

napolimp

I heard Derby were keen on taking Waghorn back, but I hope Dabo stays. Dabo has never been allowed to get fit because as soon as his injury is healed slightly he has to play again. I hope MR gives Dabo the role of backup until the summer and then let him rest and get a pre-season under his belt, he is too important not only on the pitch but also off.
Kane and Walker could be sent out but look what happened when Walker went to Portsmouth? Even a manager that believes in him couldn't motivate him. Also, Kane seems to be a time bomb everywhere he goes which is a shame because I think our squad are not the type of guys who would isolate someone. So Walker and Kane will possibly be with us for those reasons.
As we speak the Queen is dead, long live the King, and so we await whether he will plough money into the team. However, as I said I hope we keep Dabo.

Derby want Waghorn? Really? On the wages that he demands, I'm thinking he'd have to take a significant pay cut.

Hobo

I heard Derby were keen on taking Waghorn back, but I hope Dabo stays. Dabo has never been allowed to get fit because as soon as his injury is healed slightly he has to play again. I hope MR gives Dabo the role of backup until the summer and then let him rest and get a pre-season under his belt, he is too important not only on the pitch but also off.
Kane and Walker could be sent out but look what happened when Walker went to Portsmouth? Even a manager that believes in him couldn't motivate him. Also, Kane seems to be a time bomb everywhere he goes which is a shame because I think our squad are not the type of guys who would isolate someone. So Walker and Kane will possibly be with us for those reasons.
As we speak the Queen is dead, long live the King, and so we await whether he will plough money into the team. However, as I said I hope we keep Dabo.

Dabo was average at best even when fully fit in League One. He has always been weak defensively. Marginally more aware than Da Costa.

Going forward he can look athletic and dynamic (which I think sucks a lot of people in) but the final ball in is woeful. Yes occassionally he delivers a good ball but the percentages just are not good enough.

Hertsccfc

Dabo was average at best even when fully fit in League One. He has always been weak defensively. Marginally more aware than Da Costa.

Going forward he can look athletic and dynamic (which I think sucks a lot of people in) but the final ball in is woeful. Yes occassionally he delivers a good ball but the percentages just are not good enough.
Totally disagree. Was great in League 1 and has shown enough to suggest he can do it in the Championship if he can get fully fit. To liken him to DaCosta is crazy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Totally disagree. Was great in League 1 and has shown enough to suggest he can do it in the Championship if he can get fully fit. To liken him to DaCosta is crazy.

I just posted this on another thread, but he has 6 assists and no goals in 106 league appearances for us. It is a bit of a myth that he is good going forwards. I know this will get argued against, but he was a bit of a one trick pony as he ran down the line and took on players occasionally, but the end product was never that good. Once you see it enough times you know nothing is really going to come out of it, but it looks good to the naked eye. I do agree with Hobo that he has always been suspect in defence as well.

Been with us a few years and it is definitely appreciated, but it is time to move on now.

torchomatic

I just posted this on another thread, but he has 6 assists and no goals in 106 league appearances for us. It is a bit of a myth that he is good going forwards. I know this will get argued against, but he was a bit of a one trick pony as he ran down the line and took on players occasionally, but the end product was never that good. Once you see it enough times you know nothing is really going to come out of it, but it looks good to the naked eye. I do agree with Hobo that he has always been suspect in defence as well.

Been with us a few years and it is definitely appreciated, but it is time to move on now.

Don't forget the two own goals at Oxford.

ProfessorbyGrace

If Wagehorn (yes, intentional) would drop down to League 1 or 2, he’s got a good few years left in him. Obviously, a dramatic pay cut to allow it to happen, but he’d be an asset to a mid table L1 club.
Kane, meh, given the situation it’s only a matter of time before he’s gone.

If we farmed out both on loan till the end of the season, that’d be something. Kelly will probably remain, however I think now it’s clear for even MR to see, he’s done at this level. Ideally he’d be moved on now, but there’s the issue of cover.
The lad Rus is a decent prospect, but he’s still a diamond in the rough, so get him out on loan.

Farm out a few more youth players, get their experience levels up, cos who knows when we may need them; Doug King may or may not be prepared to fund us any more than SISU.

That’s it really; get two big earners off the payroll, and get a few young lads out on loan.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'd disagree with that. When fit I'd say he's pretty good at catching the opposition on the break / beating his man and getting up the pitch.

Pushing his fitness, or lack thereof, aside the biggest flaw in his game is his end product. His crosses are appalling. Zero worth getting into good positions/up the pitch when the outcome is a wayward ball into the box that really most of the time does nothing more than results in lost possession.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'd disagree with that. When fit I'd say he's pretty good at catching the opposition on the break / beating his man and getting up the pitch.

Pushing his fitness, or lack thereof, aside the biggest flaw in his game is his end product. His crosses are appalling. Zero worth getting into good positions/up the pitch when the outcome is a wayward ball into the box that really most of the time does nothing more than results in lost possession.

What are you disagreeing with sorry? I said he has zero end product, which is backed up by the stats. Surely you can't be good at going forwards by definition, if every time you get forward it comes to nothing.

KenilworthSkyBlue

What are you disagreeing with sorry? I said he has zero end product, which is backed up by the stats. Surely you can't be good at going forwards by definition, if every time you get forward it comes to nothing.

Not really. There are plenty of examples of players that are effective at getting forward but fundamentally lack end product. I wouldn't say the two are mutually exclusive really, they're entirely separate traits.

Todd Kane for instance has reasonable end product (when he wants to) but struggles with physically up the pitch due to his lack of athleticism and inability to beat a man. Dabo has the athleticism to drive the ball forward and get up the pitch quickly but struggles when it comes to actually putting in an effective ball into the box.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not really. There are plenty of examples of players that are effective at getting forward but fundamentally lack end product. I wouldn't say the two are mutually exclusive really, they're entirely separate traits.

Todd Kane for instance has reasonable end product (when he wants to) but struggles with physically up the pitch due to his lack of athleticism and inability to beat a man. Dabo has the athleticism to drive the ball forward and get up the pitch quickly but struggles when it comes to actually putting in an effective ball into the box.

How are they not mutually exclusive? You can't be good at going forwards by definition if every time you do, it comes to nothing. It's like claiming someone is a good defender, but can't tackle.

If you mean he is good at moving up the pitch itself, then fair enough, but that isn't usually what most people who hadn't seen his stats are referring to.

SBT

Assists and goals aren’t the only two metrics for judging a player’s ability going forwards.

Dabo’s been crap this year but in the past he’s clearly offered us something, and we all know it’s not usually his defending!

KenilworthSkyBlue

How are they not mutually exclusive? You can't be good at going forwards by definition if every time you do, it comes to nothing. It's like claiming someone is a good defender, but can't tackle.

If you mean he is good at moving up the pitch itself, then fair enough, but that isn't usually what most people who hadn't seen his stats are referring to.

Because it isn't mutually exclusive. A player's ability to get up the pitch effectively by definition has nothing to do with their end product.

He's contributed to a number of goals over the years by getting the ball up the pitch quickly and bringing others into play who then go on to assist or make a key pass.

Nick

Administrator
Hope not but he never looks 100% fit seems f””ked after an hour or so, he seemed to be limping Saturday.

It was the same in the game before after about 15 minutes.

I don't get what Robins obsession in playing him through injury is.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Assists and goals aren’t the only two metrics for judging a player’s ability going forwards.

Dabo’s been crap this year but in the past he’s clearly offered us something, and we all know it’s not usually his defending!
Because it isn't mutually exclusive. A player's ability to get up the pitch effectively by definition has nothing to do with their end product.

He's contributed to a number of goals over the years by getting the ball up the pitch quickly and bringing others into play who then go on to assist or make a key pass.

I think you're clutching at straws really.

Briles

Unfortunately just can't not see somebody putting a bid in for him.
I know Robins has said no chance, but surely the club aren't going to turn down any bids of £15 million+?

Robins has said a few times lately that if we accept a bid for a key player it's because we've got someone else lined up. So if we do accept a bid that might be a silver lining

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Robins has said a few times lately that if we accept a bid for a key player it's because we've got someone else lined up. So if we do accept a bid that might be a silver lining

Yep, I guess if we're looking at bigger fees for Gyokeres as well, we could get two or three quality players in with that money.
Desperately need more quality in the team in a number of positions.

The gap he'd leave though feels massive, best player we've had for a long time

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yep, I guess if we're looking at bigger fees for Gyokeres as well, we could get two or three quality players in with that money.
Desperately need more quality in the team in a number of positions.

The gap he'd leave though feels massive, best player we've had for a long time

Fans probably need to be pragmatic with regards to how much will realistically be readily available to Robins for reinvestment in this window following Gyokeres' sale - presuming he'll go. There's still the matter of repaying the EFL loan (presuming it hasn't been repaid already), covering overheads for this season and possibly next as well as paying Brighton's likely hefty sell-on clause. There's also the matter of how much the club receives up front.

Looking to the summer window, the rebuild won't be cheap. The amount of players needed will mean more revenue spent on agent fees, signing on fees and where possible, transfer fees. That will quite clearly need to be covered somehow. As will bonuses for current staff and players.

Reactions: AOM

standupforcity

Hope not but he never looks 100% fit seems f””ked after an hour or so, he seemed to be limping Saturday.
He's never been given the chance to fully recover. Gets thrown back on at earliest poss in the hope we'll see the old Dabo. Hopefully we will again, but only after we have a big enough squad to give him the recovery time he needs.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm beginning to doubt if he ever will be 100% fit again and fear the injuries may well have taken their toll. Something is definitely not right with him and hasn't been for a while.

If this loanee is good enough to play regularly I'd love to be able to tell Dabo to just spend the rest of this season getting whatever needs fixing fixed properly and hope he'll be ready for pre-season training. If we keep rushing him back as we have done his career will be done before too long.

Users who are viewing this thread