Out classed (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

Totally ripped apart, forget we was down to 10 men , if we had 15 the result would be the same . Bournemouth was a different class. ... we need to up our game .

Evo1883

these will beat many teams this season by more than what they've beaten us tonight... They have too much quality for this league even after selling a huge amount of players... It felt like we played a Premier league side tonight

We won't play sides like this every game, absolutely nobody will look forward to playing these in this league

Dions Dong

these will beat many teams this season by more than what they've beaten us tonight... They have too much quality for this league even after selling a huge amount of players... It felt like we played a Premier league side tonight

We won't play sides like this every game, absolutely nobody will look forward to playing these in this league
Spot on

skybluereeve

Basic passing? Not having ago we a miles behind. First half we couldn’t even pass 5 yards. That’s the worrying thing for me. Didn’t expect anything other than a loss. But two games running our passing has been woeful. On to the next

Evo1883

Also, it's probably the first time these players have had a proper schooling in the last 2 years... Young lads, will learn and we will adapt further to teh demands of this league

SlowerThanPlatt

The defence is the major issue. In 3 of our 4 games this we’ve needed 3 goals to win a game. We won’t many games if we need to score that many.

cooperskyblue

We were very poor. Caused our own problems and they took advantage. They looked confidence and experienced and we looked timid.
Frustrating but too many poor performances from us.

PVA

It's hopefully a bit of a reality check for those who thought we were going to beat Barnsley 3-0 and were going to nick a win tonight.

Tommo1993

I’m 100% confident that if we played Rangers now, we’d beat them. Progression is slow but it’s there.

some lad

Oh fuck off

that squad is worth near 90million, we were still in it , yes in the end it wasn’t enough but fuck me the overreaction is incredible
You are right, they are a much better team than us, teams like them are not who we are competing with, it isn’t fair to judge the team based on tonight.

SAJ

I agree and that’s not what I’m getting at. I mean our starting, our approach.
To me we’ve shown too much respect to these teams. We’ve had to go 1-0 down in 3 games before we started. Tbf Bournemouth were a lot better than us but I don’t think we’re going to be competing with the likes of Bournemouth this season they will be there or there about where as we will I feel be somewhere in the bottom half. As long as it’s not the bottom 3 come May I’ll accept that for this season.

Warwickhunt

MR needs to sort the players out and learn to play against the high press! and also get them to stop waiting for the ball to come to them! I counted 12 occasions tonight where the ball was passed and the receiving playing was not aware of the players around them and they had their pockets picked. Only O'Hare has the skill to receive the ball and move with it by evading the incoming interception.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My big concern prior to the season was teams pressing us quicker and for longer in this league disrupting our preferred way of playing and so far that has been a problem. We also seem to have become more afraid going into games, like MR is telling them to keep it tight because they'll come at us and actually making them nervous.

Bournemouth also looked to take advantage out wide with the WB and I love this system but it may end up we need to change it to offer them a bit more protection. I'd like us to stick to it for now.

Having said that not every team will be a Bournemouth so it's like Fulham playing Man City. It's a free hit that you're not expected to get anything from. It's games against those like you that will define the season. Put this one down to a learning experience, expect a similar test in the next two games and try not to get too disheartened if they don't go our way because if they erode our confidence when we get to games we could get points from we don't have the confidence to play.

skyblueinBaku

I worry about the players' morale. They are not used to being dominated like last night. We could well lose the next two games, and their self belief could evaporate.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I worry about the players' morale. They are not used to being dominated like last night. We could well lose the next two games, and their self belief could evaporate.

giphy.gif

Magwitch

Sometimes you have to learn from adversity I’m glad this Bournemouth game came early and I’m also happy Brentford are next, another big test. We have a way to go to get to the Bournemouth level but even yesterday we managed to get to 1-1 at half-time and hit the post at 1-2 just after the sending off but we’re well beaten in the end. Will be interesting to see if MR brings a loan or two in I think we need it.

cc84cov

Sometimes you have to learn from adversity I’m glad this Bournemouth game came early and I’m also happy Brentford are next, another big test. We have a way to go to get to the Bournemouth level but even yesterday we managed to get to 1-1 at half-time and hit the post at 1-2 just after the sending off but we’re well beaten in the end. Will be interesting to see if MR brings a loan or two in I think we need it.
Have a look at the next 12 games

Users who are viewing this thread