Our support vs Preston (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Biggest issue was the lights, what was that all about? Grown men doing it.

Can't expect people not to boo after that performance from players and manager.

Genuinely think it was more of a piss take thing. Even Martin Winch said it was the fans trying to entertain themselves.

More embarrassing for the players really.

pusbccfc

Had they got a goal after half time it would have been proper noisy but the players and Robins gave us nothing. Not even a chance at goal.

The corner was trying Twist and Shout for 20 minutes and nobody bothered joining in.

pusbccfc

Pretty sure they got booed against stoke last season aswell, seemed to do the trick 👍 surely have to let the team know that’s not acceptable, if I was a player getting booed like that, I’d make sure it didn’t happen again, the game sets the atmosphere, might aswell of not turned up and just give them the 3 points

Not to last nights level.

It was pretty toxic. These lads love the positivity but I don't think any of them have faced much adversity. Will be really interesting to see how they respond.

They looked absolutely petrified to make a pass. That's a big worry. You can criticise, but don't scare the life out of them.

coop

We were shit from the kick off never at the races and that's our challenge done to many injuries don't help.

Boicey

Not to last nights level.

It was pretty toxic. These lads love the positivity but I don't think any of them have faced much adversity. Will be really interesting to see how they respond.

They looked absolutely petrified to make a pass. That's a big worry. You can criticise, but don't scare the life out of them.
If they are going to shit the bed wait until we scrape past Maidstone and draw Liverpool away.
Infact we can all shit the bed with them then.

Terry_dactyl

Wasn’t easy decision, like I said I’ve never done it before and during much worse too. But seeing Sakamoto get stretchered off, a simply terrible performance and the wife still being quite ill swayed it.

As it turns out I was right as MR also had given up at half time.
Yeah. It was shit.
And the over riding concern is not the performance but for Sakamoto.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I left on 80 mins. The worst performance for years. I don't mind the booing at half time. Over 23000 home fans paid their money to watch utter dross. They're entitled to make their feelings known

Corners were awful. It's simply half baked nonsense with no commitment at all.

When Tatsu went off the players and ref looked towards the touchline. Where was the substitute ? Who was coming on ? It looked as if there wasn't really a plan .

Best to forget this and move on. I'm in the minority here but I actually thought our fans got behind our team pretty well up until half time given what was being served up.

Tile Hill Phil

No. Stunned by such a poor performance. Manu fans boo, As do most clubs fans, you’ll struggle to find a club where this does not happen.

I stopped, but the performance was way below par. Don’t blame the fans. The players and the managers are to blame. All in it together? Nah, Certain players , probably half the team, just didn’t turn up.

While we are at it, our fans stuck it out to about 80 mins, then chose to leave. Not good, but again, Premiership teams empty their stadiums when they perform poorly.

Without singing ‘We are playing fooking shit’, the booing is a better way of showing ‘unhappiness’ at the way the team is playing. This happened throughout the clubs history so we should be familiar with it by now. Or perhaps we have just been spoiled?

The lights were pathetic for whatever reason.
Agree about the lights what the fuck was that all about

SonofErnie

Robins was defending the 0-3.

What were fans meant to do.
That made my blood boil more than the inept first half. It was obvious from the half time changes and lack of intent. Robins took the micky out of 23k home fans doing that.

Brighton Sky Blue

That made my blood boil more than the inept first half. It was obvious from the half time changes and lack of intent. Robins took the micky out of 23k home fans doing that.
I guess given that we made PNE look like Madrid he thought we were at the Bernabeu.

Tile Hill Phil

I like many others was expecting more of a response second half. It was like the players were told damage limitation don’t let any more in. At least have a bloody go and show some bollucks for the fans that turned up

skybluecam

I mean, rightfully so - we were shit. I’m not one for leaving early or booing but today tested my patience.
We were. But as I said, even at 1-0 the fans were turning. Which is ridiculous given the form and league position we are in, and I’m sure had an effect on players.

Many of us, me included, are very proud of how good our support has been in recent years but yesterday was a complete departure from that.

Nick

Administrator
We were. But as I said, even at 1-0 the fans were turning. Which is ridiculous given the form and league position we are in, and I’m sure had an effect on players.

Many of us, me included, are very proud of how good our support has been in recent years but yesterday was a complete departure from that.

Probably because it was 1-0 and it was obviously going to be many more unless we changed things. We didn't change anything.

SBT

I like many others was expecting more of a response second half. It was like the players were told damage limitation don’t let any more in. At least have a bloody go and show some bollucks for the fans that turned up
I think with the squad as stretched as it is he made a tactical decision to give up on this game with an eye on Maidstone and WBA. We simply don’t have the depth to go gung-ho for a result in a game where we’re 3-0 down at half time.

That said, the move to bring on Torp was so odd to me.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
We were poor in the first half but not 3-0 down poor. 2nd and 3rd are individual errors.

But even if we were truly terrible, what’s the fucking point of berating a team which has given us so much?

We were, it was obvious within minutes they were going to score again.

skybluecam

We were, it was obvious within minutes they were going to score again.
But they wouldn’t have without Dasilva gifting one and Thomas scoring one?

Go in at half time, Bidwell on for Dasilva, Torp for Eccles/Lati and I would’ve been confident we could get something from the game. That’s why the negativity at 1-0 was ridiculous.

Nick

Administrator
But they wouldn’t have without Dasilva gifting one and Thomas scoring one?

Go in at half time, Bidwell on for Dasilva, Torp for Eccles/Lati and I would’ve been confident we could get something from the game. That’s why the negativity at 1-0 was ridiculous.

It was obvious within 5 minutes how much of a Liability Dasilva was.

skybluecam

it is relevant that it was obvious at 1-0 that it was going be a long old night.
And getting at the team will make that better?

It’s a complete contrast to how we’ve been at other points this season… singers corner singing Haji Wright’s name after missing a chance early on still sticks in my mind and made me proud of our fan base. But last night we sounded like your typical entitled fair weather fans that we all hate.

Nick

Administrator
And getting at the team will make that better?

It’s a complete contrast to how we’ve been at other points this season… singers corner singing Haji Wright’s name after missing a chance early on still sticks in my mind and made me proud of our fan base. But last night we sounded like your typical entitled fair weather fans that we all hate.

I didn't say that, I said it was obvious.

Well, obvious to everybody else in the ground other than Robins who keeps persisting with fucking about with the defence.

Hertsccfc

I didn't say that, I said it was obvious.

Well, obvious to everybody else in the ground other than Robins who keeps persisting with fucking about with the defence.
What do you expect him to do. We have a small squad and a lot if games. He has to rotate the team. It's not like any of the players who started last night haven't been first choice at times this season.

Grendel

What do you expect him to do. We have a small squad and a lot if games. He has to rotate the team. It's not like any of the players who started last night haven't been first choice at times this season.

There was zero reason in playing Wilson and Binks. I know you rate Dasilva but defensively he’s a disaster zone. He can’t defend and is fragile. He was targeted instantly - with a resulting goal - none of those decisions are fatigue based.

Martin180

I’m a huge Robins fan and back him blindly at times but I’m struggling to see how Collins has warranted being dropped and can’t fathom how Kitching can be fatigued after his ban ?

Nick

Administrator

Not play Wilson and Dasilva for starters, is Kitching really that tired?

Fuck all to do with tiredness or rotation.

It was a weird team selection, because we won against Stoke and Wilson didn't have a shot against him he went with it again.

Brylowes

I understand people’s frustration though, we looked not great. I did expect at least one goal.
When we scored last week at Stoke, the commentary mentioned that Coventry haven’t failed to score in the last 20 matches, I thought to myself at the time, we’ve got Preston next 🤔 we’ll soon put that right.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its bizarre to even consider bearing in mind where we've been as a club, but there is no doubt that as we've nearly trebled our match-going fan base (don't even get me started on our insane away-day growth) since the 2nd coming of Robins, we have a portion of fans who've only known "success" and dare I say it, are a little entitled! Mad innit......

That said, we were fucking gash last night.

Users who are viewing this thread