Our support vs Preston (2 Viewers)

stupot07

The atmosphere hasn't been great for a few weeks, but last night was terrible matching the performance on the pitch.

The Bidwell stuff was unacceptable, but there's nothing wrong with booing at half time/full time or leaving early, as long as we are 100% behind them from the off in the next game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NWS

It's about to get worse lads.

THE STONES ARE A'COMING

5,000 black n Amber noisily singing and dancing as we make our way to Wembley

Don't get angry. Enjoy the spectacle. Enjoy being part of a joyous moment in history.

Nick

Administrator
It's about to get worse lads.

THE STONES ARE A'COMING

5,000 black n Amber noisily singing and dancing as we make our way to Wembley

Don't get angry. Enjoy the spectacle. Enjoy being part of a joyous moment in history.

What spectacle?

rob9872

A few mentioned the foul kick off. It used to be ball not going forward, but you are of course allowed to go back now, so I can only assume double touch, perhaps kicked off his own ankle or something. If it was it's fitting with last night's performance, hopefully just a bad day at the office and move on.

CCFCSteve

Its bizarre to even consider bearing in mind where we've been as a club, but there is no doubt that as we've nearly trebled our match-going fan base (don't even get me started on our insane away-day growth) since the 2nd coming of Robins, we have a portion of fans who've only known "success" and dare I say it, are a little entitled! Mad innit......

That said, we were fucking gash last night.

Entitled is exactly the right word. Sniffy reactions to getting a point away from home, thinking we should smash certain teams, booing during matches, abusing new players after a handful of games. The lights last night just add to the list. A minority but a sizeable one

If people want to leave early or boo at the end then that’s their call. But the other stuff really fucks me off. I can only presume very few of them were around in L1 and L2

Old Warwickshire lad

The atmosphere hasn't been great for a few weeks, but last night was terrible matching the performance on the pitch.

The Bidwell stuff was unacceptable, but there's nothing wrong with booing at half time/full time or leaving early, as long as we are 100% behind them from the off in the next game.

Leave early,moan amongst yourselves and the blokes around you.
But ffs stop short of booing. The last thing the players need to hear, is a stadium full of boos.
They are aware of the stadium emptying, and can see all the empty seats at the final whistle.
That’s enough of a kick in the teeth.

rob9872

Leave early,moan amongst yourselves and the blokes around you.
But ffs stop short of booing. The last thing the players need to hear, is a stadium full of boos.
They are aware of the stadium emptying, and can see all the empty seats at the final whistle.
That’s enough of a kick in the teeth.
Tbf booed off at HT is normal 3nil down at home. Still cheered back on for 2nd half is also correct. The other stiff can get in the bin.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They didn’t. The lights were going on well before HT and the Bidwell song got sung, which was a particular lowlight.
The lights going on ? A few dozen sporadically across the stadium. Is that indicative of anything other than it's something to do to alleviate the boredom?

The fans did sing. I'm in the north stand and singers corner were loud and getting behind the team. When the third went in it killed much of the hope that was left .

That would happen at any club.

robbiethemole

I didn't boo, but I shouted my bollocks off at the shit ref and I sang as loud as I can in the North, I still left on 82 mins cos there was no way we would have scored even if we were still playing.
It's my prerogative to leave a game whenever I want.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

All season it's been a decline.

Sense of entitlement and expectation has spoilt it

Covkid1968#

Phone lights were embarrassing Left on 80…. Hour drive ahead and wanted to get back for lasties at the local. Up early Saturday and took the scooter for a good run…really cleared my head so it didn’t ruin the weekend. Once the results landed on Saturday I was feeling quite positive … but then there is the Tats situation!!! Roll on Monday!! We all have a chance to redeem ourselves!!

Flying Fokker

I left on 80 mins. The worst performance for years. I don't mind the booing at half time. Over 23000 home fans paid their money to watch utter dross. They're entitled to make their feelings known

Corners were awful. It's simply half baked nonsense with no commitment at all.

When Tatsu went off the players and ref looked towards the touchline. Where was the substitute ? Who was coming on ? It looked as if there wasn't really a plan .

Best to forget this and move on. I'm in the minority here but I actually thought our fans got behind our team pretty well up until half time given what was being served up.
the substitution. Now that was a spectacle. It was Laurel and Hardy at their best.

Flying Fokker

No one has pointed out the main reason for the dreadful atmosphere: the South Stand being full of prawn sandwich eaters (as I predicted).

The only way the South Stand trial will work is if the club market this as the new singing section and encourage the naughty corner to move their tickets over. Anything else will have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere. It is so stupid having a loud and boisterous corner and then 3 blocks of people sat down in silence between them and the away fans.
Just wondering, do you think that was the plan? To me, I think the club knew the corner would stay put. Having a barrier of fans between singers corner and the away fans is therefore easier to manage. The people sitting in 10/12 are that barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread