Our support vs Preston (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Embarrassing.

Fans getting on players backs at 1-0.

Booing at 2/3-0.

0 atmosphere outside of the first 5-10 mins of each half.

The fucking light bullshit

We were as bad as the players today.
Absolutely.

It's easy to sing little songs to the players when we are winning most games but it's actually occasions like tonight when the team needs support. After the run we have had it was appalling the crowd turning on the team in the way they did.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t get people leaving early…you could miss anything and you’ve paid to be there.
Getting pissed off and voicing this displeasure is quite different…sometimes it’s painful.
I stay to the latest point, I really needed the loo at 85m and because we looked like doing nothing I called it time.

I understand people’s frustration though, we looked not great. I did expect at least one goal.

It’s one game, no need to overreact… There’s plenty of time to catch the pack up.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was disgraceful.

Abysmal match, result, referee and journey home but the worst thing about the night was some of our fans.
I have to admit, I did find that distasteful. Let the manager decide if he needs to take a player off for having a nightmare game!

rob9872

I really hated the singing for Jake Bidwell before half time. Fair enough JDS was having a shocker, but that was awful.
Totally agree however poor he was. I thought booing at HT was fine, no idea what the lights were about, but that to JDS was ridiculous and so unlike our fans in recent tines who have made that bond with the players really count.

Flying Fokker

Embarrassing.

Fans getting on players backs at 1-0.

Booing at 2/3-0.

0 atmosphere outside of the first 5-10 mins of each half.

The fucking light bullshit

We were as bad as the players today.

No. Stunned by such a poor performance. Manu fans boo, As do most clubs fans, you’ll struggle to find a club where this does not happen.

I stopped, but the performance was way below par. Don’t blame the fans. The players and the managers are to blame. All in it together? Nah, Certain players , probably half the team, just didn’t turn up.

While we are at it, our fans stuck it out to about 80 mins, then chose to leave. Not good, but again, Premiership teams empty their stadiums when they perform poorly.

Without singing ‘We are playing fooking shit’, the booing is a better way of showing ‘unhappiness’ at the way the team is playing. This happened throughout the clubs history so we should be familiar with it by now. Or perhaps we have just been spoiled?

The lights were pathetic for whatever reason.

Flying Fokker

Absolutely.

It's easy to sing little songs to the players when we are winning most games but it's actually occasions like tonight when the team needs support. After the run we have had it was appalling the crowd turning on the team in the way they did.
Agreed, but in fairness, this game was always going to be tense. Fielding that team was the wrong decision. The ‘home’ support were flat because we we’ve seeing continuation of a poor show on the pitch. Not just this game, but others too.

Hobo

No. Stunned by such a poor performance. Manu fans boo, As do most clubs fans, you’ll struggle to find a club where this does not happen.

I stopped, but the performance was way below par. Don’t blame the fans. The players and the managers are to blame. All in it together? Nah, Certain players , probably half the team, just didn’t turn up.

While we are at it, our fans stuck it out to about 80 mins, then chose to leave. Not good, but again, Premiership teams empty their stadiums when they perform poorly.

Without singing ‘We are playing fooking shit’, the booing is a better way of showing ‘unhappiness’ at the way the team is playing. This happened throughout the clubs history so we should be familiar with it by now. Or perhaps we have just been spoiled?

The lights were pathetic for whatever reason.

Man U fans are as fickle as they come, a bunch of self entitled glory hunters. We should be more resilient than that.

NortonSkyBlue

A difficult watch from start to finish. Preston are our Kryptonite for sure but we gave them 3 points very easily. A horrible evening.....embarrassing. I felt like joining in with the Preston fans with the lights. WTF was that about? A foul kick off is a new one on me as were defence splitting passes to our own players.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Man U fans are as fickle as they come, a bunch of self entitled glory hunters. We should be more resilient than that.

If you’re talking fans in the ground, they’re one of the least bad for booing. They boo referees and the owners. Rarely turn on the players or team. Admired the way they didn’t join in with the pile on with Maguire and encouraged him.

Agree with all the comments on here regarding the support on here. We can’t laud how wonderful our support is and throw the towel in and go silent after conceding 1 goal and turn to booing after the second. We had plenty of time to turn the result around, shit support last night.

I don’t know if it’s expectations that have changed it this season but there’s been multiple occasions where when we’re not winning - PUSB has become half hearted and the songs dry up.

Flying Fokker

OK. Pick any one of the 92 clubs if that helps. They can’t all be fickle fans.

It’s part of being a clubs fans. We pay the wages. I can think of worse verbal protests. Or walk out of the stadium.

Flying Fokker

A difficult watch from start to finish. Preston are our Kryptonite for sure but we gave them 3 points very easily. A horrible evening.....embarrassing. I felt like joining in with the Preston fans with the lights. WTF was that about? A foul kick off is a new one on me as were defence splitting passes to our own players.
I thought it was City fans with the lights. Loooked like it from where I was…was it because the game was boring?

torchomatic

I really hated the singing for Jake Bidwell before half time. Fair enough JDS was having a shocker, but that was awful.
Yeah, that was disgraceful. A section of our fans aren't the brightest.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t get people leaving early…you could miss anything and you’ve paid to be there.
Getting pissed off and voicing this displeasure is quite different…sometimes it’s painful.
As it turns out all I missed was a second half where MR was hoping to preserve the 0-3 to the extent of still bringing everyone back for corners.

That said something about that Sakamoto injury is what swayed it for me, I’ve seen us losing by similar or heavier score lines at half time and not left.

Hobo

If you’re talking fans in the ground, they’re one of the least bad for booing. They boo referees and the owners. Rarely turn on the players or team. Admired the way they didn’t join in with the pile on with Maguire and encouraged him.

Agree with all the comments on here regarding the support on here. We can’t laud how wonderful our support is and throw the towel in and go silent after conceding 1 goal and turn to booing after the second. We had plenty of time to turn the result around, shit support last night.

I don’t know if it’s expectations that have changed it this season but there’s been multiple occasions where when we’re not winning - PUSB has become half hearted and the songs dry up.

I have seen them leave early on many occasions.

I agree with you about our fans, they over rate themselves and I think often are disrespectful to other clubs amd underestimate the opposition pre match on social media.

quinn1971

Pretty sure they got booed against stoke last season aswell, seemed to do the trick 👍 surely have to let the team know that’s not acceptable, if I was a player getting booed like that, I’d make sure it didn’t happen again, the game sets the atmosphere, might aswell of not turned up and just give them the 3 points

theferret

Can't we just accept it was a bad night all round? Are people forgetting the start of this season and especially last season when we backed the team brilliantly in adversity.

It was just one of those nights, we were so bad in such an important game and a few people got giddy and didn't shower themselves in glory. No need to over analyse it, just move on and forget.

Saddlebrains

We left at half time

Chilling at home watching Suits by the hour mark. Am i ashamed? Not at all. Wet, Freezing, and a performance of amateurs.

We all invest enough money and time into the club, we should be able to do what we want when a display like that is put in. The players lap it up on socials and in the ground off a win, they can take it when they serve up that shit

Balli001

People were still singing for hamer after he had left. Hardly think singing for someone actually here is a crime.

wantageskyblue

In 50 years of watching football I don’t ever recall seeing a free kick given for a foul kick off before - summed up the evening for me….

Sky Blue Harry H

Some tawt near me in Block 15 kept singing the words to 'Don't worry 'bout a thing' song (which I thought was really supportive of the crowd (Singers Corner) to 'cos Ben Wilson is f*cking shite (instead of everything's gonna be alright). Spent half the game booing and just generally spouting shite about individual players. We had lost one game all season at home until last night, but the way he (and others) vented p*ssed me off if I'm honest.

Boicey

It’s a little bit odd that people tear into a Wilson and jds on here but get annoyed when people do it in the crowd.
yeah ‘support the players during a match, blah’ but pays your money make your choice.
Its not a bad thing to tell Robins he obviously got it wrong and let those players know fans expect much better quality from them imo
Carrot and stick.

Terry_dactyl

As it turns out all I missed was a second half where MR was hoping to preserve the 0-3 to the extent of still bringing everyone back for corners.

That said something about that Sakamoto injury is what swayed it for me, I’ve seen us losing by similar or heavier score lines at half time and not left.
Well, it’s not for me. Perhaps it’s the masochist in me that thinks I have to endure. One of my family footballing traditions I think.
However, each to their own and all that. I certainly can’t criticise (not that I would) as I wasn’t even there…I did not turn the telly off though!

I remember going to a Pompey game about 20+ years ago and this ‘jolly’ fella behind me trying to be funny, shouted to 4 blokes leaving early…”where are you going”!
It did not end well for him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well, it’s not for me. Perhaps it’s the masochist in me that thinks I have to endure. One of my family footballing traditions I think.
However, each to their own and all that. I certainly can’t criticise (not that I would) as I wasn’t even there…I did not turn the telly off though!

I remember going to a Pompey game about 20+ years ago and this ‘jolly’ fella behind me trying to be funny, shouted to 4 blokes leaving early…”where are you going”!
It did not end well for him.
Wasn’t easy decision, like I said I’ve never done it before and during much worse too. But seeing Sakamoto get stretchered off, a simply terrible performance and the wife still being quite ill swayed it.

As it turns out I was right as MR also had given up at half time.

Users who are viewing this thread